Diamana S+Plus Blue 60 Stiff

AUWU11

Reaction score
Handicap
7.2 GHIN
What can anyone tell me about this shaft for a driver? I'm pretty new to the specs side of shafts. Intended launch/ball flight? Spin? Priority #1 is accuracy. Thoughts on anything else I didn't mention? Here's some numbers from the manufacturer:

Flex - Stiff
Length - 46"
Weight - 61g
Tip OD (in) - 0.335
Tip // (in) - 3.0
Butt OD (in) - 0.602
Torque - 4.4
Kick Point - Mid

Thanks in advance!

They are going to be a really nice middle of the road shaft and perform well for a lot of golfers. I would say mid spin, mid launch with a nice smooth feel.

They are going to be a really nice middle of the road shaft and perform well for a lot of golfers. I would say mid spin, mid launch with a nice smooth feel.

The Blue is 61g and the White is 70g. Is 9g difference anything to really write home about? Or is it not that big of a deal? I've swung between 62 and 66 on previous drivers.

The Blue is 61g and the White is 70g. Is 9g difference anything to really write home about? Or is it not that big of a deal? I've swung between 62 and 66 on previous drivers.

The white is a lower launching / lower spinning shaft. So weight isn't the only difference in those 2 shafts. Probably a stiffer tip and lower shaft kickpoint on the White.

Having played the "Blueboard" in a variety of heads over the years, this is pretty darn accurate. I might classify it a little closer to mid/high launch, but definitely mid spin. An overall solid feel that fits a variety of swings.

The white is a lower launching / lower spinning shaft. So weight isn't the only difference in those 2 shafts. Probably a stiffer tip and lower shaft kickpoint on the White.

Ok that's helpful. I'm looking for more of a mid launch. Naturally have a lower flight, so want to help get the ball up a bit.

My only "worry" (for lack of a better term) is the Blue is 61g. I've always swung between 62g and 66g, and even had a 70g at one point. Is 61g something to be leary of for me?

My only "worry" (for lack of a better term) is the Blue is 61g. I've always swung between 62g and 66g, and even had a 70g at one point. Is 61g something to be leary of for me?
Nope. Weight matters but its basically the same class.

If you were talking about the difference of a cb 59g shaft and a tip heavy 78g shaft there would be a discussion, but not for something like this.

Blue boards are a great design. There is a reason a lot of golfers like this profile. It's a good mid/mid style shaft that is stiff handle, soft mid, stiff tip. It will load well and feel smooth.

The main difference in weight is going to be swing speed and transition speed. If you have a really handsy swing you may find yourself getting a little quick and pulling some shots. If you do not have a handsy swing you will pick up some swing speed which wont hurt you at all.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The main difference in weight is going to be swing speed and transition speed. If you have a really handsy swing you may find yourself getting a little quick and pulling some shots. If you do not have a handsy swing you will pick up some swing speed which wont hurt you at all.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Interesting point. I am a pretty handsy swinger. Last time I was on the monitor and camera, I flip my hands pretty significantly at impact (especially with driver) and end up with some pulls, and a draw at very best. Maybe a little heavier is the right idea in general. Will have to do some research for sure.

Back