Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New putters coming from Nike Golf.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-21%20at%2012.11.51%20PM-L.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-21%20at%2012.11.58%20PM-L.png

nike_method_origin_putter_b2-01_sole.jpg

now these I am so interested in seeing in hand. Was a big fan of the original Method lineup, in fact the 003 has been in and out of the bag ever since the first THP Outing at PGA National. After hearing and seeing the impact on the face grooves last week at EVNROLL, I wonder how these would compare.

I'm not usually interested in Nike's products but this does look intriguing!

Interested to hear more I am really interested in the design looks like they are pushing a good bit of weight away from center with is probably pushing the moi up a good bit. Will be interested to hear more instead of just speculating on my part

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have been seeing a lot of these on Tour, I am interested to see how they perform in person.

I really like the look of those. Never really been a Nike putter fan, I don't know if it's the milling or the blue but that looks really good.

Talk about sexy! Wow those pictures look fantastic.

• Admin
Here is some marketing and press copy associated with the putter.

That mission led engineers at The Oven to craft a classic-looking blade putter filled with performance-boosting innovations, including integrated RZN. RZN is a family of responsive materials also used in the Nike RZN golf balls. In the case of the new putter, they employed a unique construction comprising three pieces: the face, a secondary mass on the back and a RZN layer compressed in-between. Together, these pieces form the premium Nike Method Origin putter that has already recorded four global wins in the hands of McIlroy and Charl Schwartzel, who is currently averaging 1.3 fewer putts per round this season (28.9) compared to 2015 (30.2) on the European Tour. The compliant RZN layer is activated on off-center hits, returning energy to the golf ball within the contact time.

“The response is incremental across the face. A hit on the center of the face elicits a dampening effect,” Franklin says. “The more off-center the hit, the more the RZN compresses and the more energy is returned to the ball. The response is similar to our Compression Channel and improves consistency across the face.”

Insights from Woods and McIlroy, who put the putter into play at the 2015 Tour Championship, then pushed Franklin and team to make the putter roll more efficiently. So they completely reengineered the polymetal groove technology to offer full-length grooves that are linear from heel to toe. This orientation is designed to provide a more consistent, efficient and faster forward roll.

“When I first tested it in Dubai in January 2015, I realized the long putts kept rolling just a little bit more. It just kept rolling and rolling, which was awesome,” McIlroy recalled. “Then I tested again at Sage Valley in April 2015 and loved it. From that point I kept asking, 'When can I get this in the bag?' I added it in September 2015 and it has been in the bag ever since.”

The newly designed face features twice the number of polymetal grooves of previous Method putters. More grooves means increased coefficient of friction and traction on the golf ball, creating earlier forward roll and a smoother, softer feel at impact.

“I love the new grooves,” McIlroy said. “The roll was perfect and I felt like the contact was so much softer than my previous putter; it got the ball rolling so much quicker.”

Available in two models, the B1-01 and B2-01, the Method Origin putter is in the bag of McIlroy (B2-01), Schwartzel (B1-01), Russell Henley (B2-01), Scott Pinckney (B1-01), Ryan Ruffels (B1-01), Nick Watney (B2-01), Lucas Bjerregard (B1-01) and Ross Fisher (B2-01).

Available April 22nd

I have to admit, I'd like to put one through its paces. Much better looking than last years line, and I'm glad they broke their stance last year of keeping the putters/wedges separate of the color schemes from the rest of the line, that decision made ZERO sense to me when we asked them about it at The Oven.

Hello Beautiful! I've kind of quietly enjoyed the looks of Nike Method's in the past, by quiet I mean I've never owned one but have always just enjoyed how they look. THESE babies look even better from those pics! I definitely need to see some in hand pics and hopefully get an opportunity to demo one sometime. I may have to finally bit the bullet on a Method!

kind of sad it's only two models, but that doesn't change my interest at all.

for some reason I think that looks cheaper than the previous models...

ITs going to take a lot to knock my putter out the bag but looking forward to hearing more on this! Is that RIFE type grooves i see on that face?

That's sexy!!

Looking forward to trying these out. I've always been a fan of the Method tech but need to see some models with less toe hang.

Like that the are continuing the Method line, like the styling of these. Silver/Blue, nice combo there.

Ouuu may have to hold off on the new putter buying.

Did I miss the price point?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ouuu may have to hold off on the new putter buying.

Did I miss the price point?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

$349 and $419 with CounterFlex Grip option.

I love the Tech that Nike is putting into putters! This is definitely on my try list. Looks pretty sweet from the pics though!

Seems like more manufacturers are going to the multi piece construction. It is intriguing. However, with all of the other putter options on the market, these aren't really getting juices flowing.

New putters coming from Nike Golf.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-21%20at%2012.11.51%20PM-L.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-21%20at%2012.11.58%20PM-L.png

nike_method_origin_putter_b2-01_sole.jpg

I like the shaping quite a bit, and I have been longing to see companies find better ways to get tech into a traditional bladed package. Very curious to see how these perform.

Back