The Official 2016 MLB Thread

that is something that was reported a little while ago. According to Laroche he and the team had an agreement about his kid being around which led to him signing the contract and there were no reported issue this past season until during spring training when the gm came to him about reducing the amount of time he was around. The gm used the excuse it wasn't an agreement in his contract.

Controversy seems to always be around Kenny Williams

Controversy seems to always be around Kenny Williams

it sure does. He is a former player too which makes some of the things he says or does head scratching at times.

My favorite time of year. Hockey is getting exciting, golf is well under way and baseball is starting! Good times!

Headed to West Palm Beach, FL in the morning for a few rounds of golf and a few Spring training games watching the Cardinals.

T-Mobile is giving it's subscribers the MLB.tv for free this season.

lp-mq-MLB-TV-premium-dsk-v3.jpg

Joe Garagiola passed away, all I could think of was this:

Charlie-Brown-sad-e1389021596408.jpg

d2b6245679a5c8fe62bb1487d7d12246.jpg

So the d backs are wearing pants designed by curt schilling.

Looking forward to the start of the season next week! I'll be in Milwaukee to see my S.F. Giants start their season. Game 1, Bumgarner, sitting 9th row behind Giants dugout. Game 2, Cueto, sitting 5th row behind Giants dugout. Game 3, Samardzija, sitting 2nd row behind home plate beside Giants on-deck circle. Always a nice collections of Giants fans in Milwaukee, too.

Here's to hoping the even year magic continues in 2016....

Welp.. with opening day tomorrow, it is prediction time for me. I spent quite a bit of time with this, and there are some very interesting races, namely the AL Central and NL West.

AL East

1. Toronto
2. Boston
3. Tampa Bay
4. New York Yankees
5. Baltimore Orioles

AL Central
1. Royals
2. Indians
3. White Sox
4. Tigers
5. Twins

AL West
1. Astros
2. Rangers
3. Athletics
4. Mariners
5. Athletics

AL Wild Cards:
1. Indians
2. Rangers

ALDS:
1. Astros
2. Blue Jays
3. Royals
4. Indians

ALCS:
1. Astros
2. Royals

AL Champion:
1. Astros

NL East:
1. Nationals
2. Mets
3. Marlins
4. Phillies
5. Braves

NL Central:
1. Cubs
2. Cardinals
3. Pirates
4. Brewers
5. Reds

NL West:
1. Dodgers
2. Giants
3. Marlins
4. Diamondbacks
5. Rockies

NL Wildcard
1. Cardinals
2. Giants

NLDS
1. Nationals
2. Cubs
3. Dodgers
4. Cardinals

NLCS:
1. Nationals
2. Cubs

NL Champion:
1. Nationals

World Series:
1. Nationals in 6 Games

Awards:

AL MVP- Carlos Correa
AL Cy Young- Chris Sale
AL ROY- Byron Buxton
AL Manager of the Year- Francona

NL MVP- Bryce Harper
NL CY Young- Jose Fernandez
NL ROY- Corey Seager
NL Manager of the Year- Dusty Baker

The Twins better finish better than last with the talent in that line-up. It is going to be a tough division to predict but Mauer says he is fully healthy for the fist time in years. Park should hopefully at least produce like Jung-ho Kang has for the Pirates. Even the pitching should be improved with Santana having a terrific spring and Nolasco also saying he is a fully healthy for the first time as a Twin.

Welp.. with opening day tomorrow, it is prediction time for me. I spent quite a bit of time with this, and there are some very interesting races, namely the AL Central and NL West.

AL East

1. Toronto
2. Boston
3. Tampa Bay
4. New York Yankees
5. Baltimore Orioles

AL Central
1. Royals
2. Indians
3. White Sox
4. Tigers
5. Twins

AL West
1. Astros
2. Rangers
3. Athletics
4. Mariners
5. Athletics

AL Wild Cards:
1. Indians
2. Rangers

ALDS:
1. Astros
2. Blue Jays
3. Royals
4. Indians

ALCS:
1. Astros
2. Royals

AL Champion:
1. Astros

NL East:
1. Nationals
2. Mets
3. Marlins
4. Phillies
5. Braves

NL Central:
1. Cubs
2. Cardinals
3. Pirates
4. Brewers
5. Reds

NL West:
1. Dodgers
2. Giants
3. Marlins
4. Diamondbacks
5. Rockies

NL Wildcard
1. Cardinals
2. Giants

NLDS
1. Nationals
2. Cubs
3. Dodgers
4. Cardinals

NLCS:
1. Nationals
2. Cubs

NL Champion:
1. Nationals

World Series:
1. Nationals in 6 Games

Awards:

AL MVP- Carlos Correa
AL Cy Young- Chris Sale
AL ROY- Byron Buxton

NL MVP- Bryce Harper
NL ROY- Corey Seager

Agree with everything up til you have the Nationals beating the Cubs.

I'm a Cubs fan at heart so I know I'm biased, but their line-up only improved from last year. Hopefully that will translate into a World Series birth and win.

AL East

1. Toronto
2. Boston
3. Tampa Bay
4. New York Yankees
5. Baltimore Orioles

AL Central
1. Royals
2. Indians
3. White Sox
4. Tigers
5. Twins

AL West
1. Astros
2. Rangers
3. Athletics
4. Mariners
5. Athletics

AL Wild Cards:
1. Indians
2. Rangers

ALDS:
1. Astros
2. Blue Jays
3. Royals
4. Indians

ALCS:
1. Astros
2. Royals

AL Champion:
1. Astros

NL East:
1. Nationals
2. Mets
3. Marlins
4. Phillies
5. Braves

NL Central:
1. Cubs
2. Cardinals
3. Pirates
4. Brewers
5. Reds

NL West:
1. Dodgers
2. Giants
3. Marlins
4. Diamondbacks
5. Rockies

NL Wildcard
1. Cardinals
2. Giants

NLDS
1. Nationals
2. Cubs
3. Dodgers
4. Cardinals

NLCS:
1. Nationals
2. Cubs

NL Champion:
1. Nationals

World Series:
1. Nationals in 6 Games

Awards:

AL MVP- Carlos Correa
AL Cy Young- Chris Sale
AL ROY- Byron Buxton

NL MVP- Bryce Harper
NL ROY- Corey Seager
I hopw ur right about tribe if we ever get a over .500 April and may we will be golden

I hopw ur right about tribe if we ever get a over .500 April and may we will be golden

Their 1-3 might be the best in baseball. Just need to hit a little bit.. I'm pretty confident in that pick

Agree with everything up til you have the Nationals beating the Cubs.

I'm a Cubs fan at heart so I know I'm biased, but their line-up only improved from last year. Hopefully that will translate into a World Series birth and win.

I am a Cardinals fan so it's tough to even have the Cubs going that far. I just can't buy into them winning a World Series, they are cursed

Their 1-3 might be the best in baseball. Just need to hit a little bit.. I'm pretty confident in that pick
Pretty much sums it up. Anothet year of .220 kipnis and blah chisenhall vould spell disaster

The Tigers were horrible last year, and thus the reason I don't think Taylor gives any love on that front.

I think the Togers finish behind the Royals, and in front of Cleveland, then Minnesota, then The White Sux

The Tigers were horrible last year, and thus the reason I don't think Taylor gives any love on that front.

I think the Togers finish behind the Royals, and in front of Cleveland, then Minnesota, then The White Sux

The AL Central is such a toss up in my mind. I am just not sold on the Tigers pitching. I think they can score runs, but the rotation is shaky

The AL Central is such a toss up in my mind. I am just not sold on the Tigers pitching. I think they can score runs, but the rotation is shaky

I agree with this a lot, Not a "True Ace" on the staff....
Verlander gained a lot of his old stuff back late last year, Zimmerman should be solid, Sanchez needs to stay healthy, Other than that a number of "decent" guys.

The bullpen should be improved, but I think of two or more starters have good seasons this team is tough.

They do miss the playoffs though

I agree with this a lot, Not a "True Ace" on the staff....
Verlander gained a lot of his old stuff back late last year, Zimmerman should be solid, Sanchez needs to stay healthy, Other than that a number of "decent" guys.

The bullpen should be improved, but I think of two or more starters have good seasons this team is tough.

They do miss the playoffs though

I just think the 2-5 spots will be separated by very few games. I'm sold on the royals and Indians but besides that it's tough for me to pick the rest. I am far from an expert, just my thoughts based on what each team brings to the table in my eyes

I kind of like
Tampa, ChiSox, Texas with Houston and KC in the WC.
Mets, Cubs, Dodgers with Giants and St Lu in the WC.

Mets and Cubs and ChiSox and Texas advancing.
Mets over ChiSox in the WS.

I kind of like

I think the white sox could make a run if the stars align. I'm worried about their offense, but Jose Abreu is an all world talent

I kind of like

You had me until your series picks. Go pale hose

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

I think the white sox could make a run if the stars align. I'm worried about their offense, but Jose Abreu is an all world talent
The more I think about it, switch ChiSox and Texas

Last edited:
#DefendTheCrown

loyalty-kansas-city-defend-the-crown-shirt-up-close.jpg

Went to opening day today Rays vs. Blue Jays.. We were in the corporate partners tent pre game , and met this guy!!
c7109100880cb2f4cc8261a6bd6e3fec.jpg

The freaking commissioner!! Got to talk with him about 5-10 mins while he was there.. Pretty cool

Back