Do You Know Your Driving Distance?

Depends what I am using off the tee, if driver isn't working and I'm hitting 3W that can be anywhere from 230-260. If it's Driver that can be anything from 260-300 depending on temperature, conditions and my swing.

THP events where Flightscope has been present gave me a general idea but being at ECPC was the first time I've ever gotten dialed in on a legit launch monitor outside where I could see the ball flight and if the numbers made sense. 270 carry at sea level made me happy haha

THP events where Flightscope has been present gave me a general idea but being at ECPC was the first time I've ever gotten dialed in on a legit launch monitor outside where I could see the ball flight and if the numbers made sense. 270 carry at sea level made me happy haha

#outtingapproved

I doubt you hit it that far... I mean what was the carry on this one?:bomb:

Between 220-230 (when I hit it well) Learned this at the Taylormade fitting Center in Naples, Florida which happens to be the last time I was fit for clubs. That was 3 years ago so it could be less now!!

For me, I know my driving distance. Part of that being due to hitting on the FlightScope and other launch monitors. I tend to put my "average" drive down a lot lower than what it probably is, but on any given hole, I know what an average drive is going to leave me setting up my next shot.

It was technically 269.9 but this is the internet and everyone hits it 270

Yep, and when we play I see your drive and subtract about 20 and go find mine haha. So that sounds about right since my carry is about 250 average.

everyone is hitting it so far... I would say my average is around 215

Yep. Pretty sure the trackman at Wilson staff innovation center is accurate.

Thanks THP and Wilson!!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I don't know a true average, but having been on a Golfsmith simulator a few times in the last 6 months I can say this much: with my old Titleist driver my average carry was 207. With GBB in a stiff shaft my average carry was just over 217. With GBB Kuro Kage Tini 50 Regular shaft my average carry increased to 223.

I bought the Regular shaft GBB and was actually able to play a couple of times last week, increased the loft to 10* from 9* and using GPS I had a few carry over 230, and one indicated 242 (these were the plug holes).

As far as avg. I don't really know, I'm still trying to decide if the regular shaft is right for me. My good drives are very good, but sometimes the others...not so much:bad:

I have a decent idea but nothing concrete. Hopefully that changes in the near future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I calculate it based on hole yardage markers on the tee and how far I have left for my approach on dead straight holes (using a rangefinder to the pin and assuming the course markers are correct).

I'd like to use a FlightScope or similar measurement device in the near future to get a true number.

Yes I know my deb got numbers. 200-210 is adverage. Hit many drives and then used the ranged finder back to the tee box to check. And also simulators.

Mid-season form I average around 285yd total distance. Normal drives depending on the hole layout, weather/wind and solid contact range from 260-310. If I'm waiting on people on the green I usually laser back to the tee box to get an accurate measurement. I like to try and forget those less-than-solid hit drives that dribble out to 230-240 hahaha. Those are always a nice ego check when the laser comes back reading something like that.

GameGolf has the advantage of giving me stats. The disadvantage is that it does nothing with wind. So my average is based on every wind direction and speed, making it probably a true average, but not as easy to brag about ;)

I'm hitting it between 171 and 291 meters, average is 225m.
My 4wood isn't that far off, 171-241m, average 218..

Average is around 264 with some crappy ones and typical with out the bad ones is 273. Game golf gps measured. I would say that is in fairly medium or soft conditions with no more than 10 or 15 yards roll. I get it out near or over 300 in the summer sometimes but can't count on that ever.

Mid-season form...total distance avg - 265-270
That average is derived from playing and using my laser for the 2nd shot.

This is one area where I think people are doing themselves a disservice. If you use the scorecard as your gauge or posted sign, then just laser what is left to the pin, there is no variance to moving boxes, incorrect markings, etc.

does the ball matter? i think most testing indicates an emphatic yes. so if flightscope is done on a driving range with crap range balls, is that as accurate as on-the-course results with a gamer ball?

Ball does matter, in fact according to one expert, just under 10 yards. Although in many instances, using our area as an example, they are using low compression which will be low spin off the driver, so the variances would not be as high.

everyone is hitting it so far... I would say my average is around 215

Yeah, this thread is filled with long hitters.

During my last lesson it was between 240 and 248 with some outliers under 240 as my driver swing is one of the things we were working on.

Yeah, this thread is filled with long hitters.

it's not as bad as some other forums, but yes there are some big numbers bandied about. and thp is also home to the fastest golfers on the planet. no slow play around here.

you've said it in other threads, people will use an "average" of their best hit balls. I'm guilty of this too. if I add in the stinkers my number comes down.

and these seemingly inflated averages get me back to my points. I don't think thp is filled with egomaniacs unwilling to admit they don't hit the ball as far as they want to. maybe the cart gps is fooling them, or the scorecard is only reporting max distances for each hole but the tees are usually up. who knows? people's numbers are coming from somewhere.

According to trackman I'm 280 and up. Don't get me wrong though I can hit some awful shots with the driver.

you've said it in other threads, people will use an "average" of their best hit balls. I'm guilty of this too. if I add in the stinkers my number comes down.

I think my numbers are guilty of this, admittedly. There is a big difference for me in "course average" and "range average" as a big weakness of mine is keeping it in the short stuff, or tree-lined fairways around my area. Obstacles are definitely a hindrance to my distance average. For instance, last night at the range a guestimation of my average carry would have been a little over 230 carry based on VCSC100... however, some of those drives would definitely clip some foliage and I'd probably be in the 210-220 average.

it's not as bad as some other forums, but yes there are some big numbers bandied about. and thp is also home to the fastest golfers on the planet. no slow play around here.

and these seemingly inflated averages get me back to my points. I don't think thp is filled with egomaniacs unwilling to admit they don't hit the ball as far as they want to. maybe the cart gps is fooling them, or the scorecard is only reporting max distances for each hole but the tees are usually up. who knows? people's numbers are coming from somewhere.

This is very true. I dont think there is ill intent in most cases, just that the information gathered is harder than imagined for some.
Of course #OutingApproved matters...haha

I have the Callaway eCLIPse GPS, but I don't use it enough to have a definitive answer. I *believe* (on my non-misshits) my carry is around 220, but would love to be on Flightscope at some point.

Back