Live Update Thread & Contest - UST March Shaft Spectacular

For those that didn't catch it, #cookie did a little pay it forward with some Callaway irons he took up to UST a few days before that TomCatxiv could use and replace his old old old ones with!

Kudos to you #cookie! Job well done to further this experience for them!

I didn't catch that...Kudos Cookie!!!!!!!!!

How many Krispy kreme donuts did you guys eat?

Have they ever gotten a really unique request from a tour player?

"Most tour guys are weird"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomcatxiv – what was the most interesting thing you learned about UST while taking the tour?

evinkc05 – what product that UST makes do you think could make the biggest improvement on your game?

Tomcatxiv - What club in your bag are you most excited to have fit / reshafted?

Evinkc05 - What's the one thing you learned today about shafts that will help you the most when you're not being fit by a Pro like Danny?

For those that didn't catch it, #cookie did a little pay it forward with some Callaway irons he took up to UST a few days before that TomCatxiv could use and replace his old old old ones with!

I started wondering what that thank you was for and then was suspecting he did something, but DAMN, that is awesome. #cookie and UST Mamiya are blowing minds today!

Current Drivers:
- TM M1 with Fuji Pro 60 Stiff
- Callaway 815 Alpha with AD DI-6 Stiff

First question... Did you boys both just get new clubs, Driver to wedge?

Technical Question: since today's shafts are made for today's equipment, would today's shafts work with your older clubs?

TomCatix: What can UST tell us about what may coming down the pike in the way of new shafts for irons?

EvinKc05: Which of the incredible shafts works best for your desired ball flight?

Driver: Big Bertha Alpha 815 with a Basara shaft - Regular flex.

#cookie is a gentleman and a scholar...well one out of two isn't bad.

Seriously cookie nice move.

Fittings begin

335dc425a22874a63a959e88b74c7692.jpg

I hope they do a good job of hooking #cookie up next month! Awesome gesture cookie!

#Cookie... nothing else to be said about this man.

Evinkc05- After talking with the professionals, what are you most looking forward to getting out of your new shafts/equip?

Apparently I can expect more distance for sure and improved control/consistency... If so, that would be awesome!

This is awesome! Nice job #cookie!

I love seeing these guys get the royal treatment. Enjoy the fitting!

I hope they do a good job of hooking #cookie up next month! Awesome gesture cookie!

Haha, just getting the opportunity to go is more thanks than I could ever hope for. I've been very blessed from THP with gear over the years and glad to pay it forward a little bit.

Excited to see what comes out of the fittings going on now, I saw with Nate what a proper shaft fitting can do....and it makes me stupid excited!!

Question for both of the guys. Lots of great new equipment today, what has you the most excited to use with your new shaft pairings?

My setup:
Driver Head: GBB
Shaft: Fuji Speeder 665 Evo II Stiff (65g)

TomCatix: What areas of your game do you expect to improve the most after being properly fit?

EvinKc05: For you what was the most interesting thing that you saw in the shaft making process?

Driver: XR16 pro with Fuji speeder 665 stiff

Tomcatix: What about the experience will change the way you go about purchasing equipment in the future?

Evinck05: What aspect of the experience is he most mind blowing in regards to equipment for you?

Just watched the Periscope, club and a half longer for tomcat. That's HUGE!!!!

TomCatix: other than new iron heads, what was the aspect of the iron fitting that surprised you the most?
EvinKc5: how did getting the right shaft affect the performance of the Miura wedge?

Well done #Cookie!!!!

Tomcatix: What is your perception now as to how shaft fitting drives overall performance?

Evinck05: Now that you have had this experience, what will you share with your playing partners?

Driver - TaylorMade M2 - MRC Tensei CX Blue Stiff

Pound Cookie is one heck of a guy. Great dude, even better gesture!

tomcatix - Are you hoping to improve distance or dispersion more with the new driver head and shaft combination?
evinkc05 - How do the Miura wedges compare to your current wedges?

My current driver is a Bridgestone J815, 9.5 degree. Mitsubishi Fubuki ZT 60

Back