$69.00 Alignment Sticks!!! Would you purchase these?

Thrillbilly Jim

Raised On Hose Water And Neglect
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
I found this company tonight in Minnesota making hand-crafted alignment sticks called Bubbawhips. These alignment sticks are made from Hickory and are stained, finished, and painted by hand. The standard set of two sticks are $69.00. They offer a limited edition set of "Umbrella" sticks painted in the Arnold Palmer colors for $99.00. Would you purchase these? If so, would you use them? https://Www.bubbawhips.com

I haven’t purchased them yet. I’m waiting for the Pinehurst model. I like that color best.

No chance that I would pay that much for alignment sticks. That's more than double the cost of a standard set .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Those are really nice, but for the cost of a round
Of golf I’d rather get the sticks for a couple bucks at home depot or lowes

You can buy driveway markers at Home Depot for $1 each.

Nope, I would not buy them. Way over priced for me and they can break a bit too easily compared to their competitors.

No way I would pay that much for something so simple. But if I did break down and buy them, I would damn sure use them and try to get my money's worth out of them.

......nope

Those look more like the sticks used in Croquet. :act-up:

To answer the question, No ... I just buy the orange sticks they sell at Home Depot for half the cost

I figure there's about $20.00 in each set, then you have the labor cost. I just can't pay $70 for 2 sticks!

here is a set of 100 sticks for $70

617KRl6Ac-L._SL1200_.jpg

No way I would pay that much for something so simple. But if I did break down and buy them, I would damn sure use them and try to get my money's worth out of them.
With wood though, one bad swing and "SNAP!" That's what I would be worried about.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

With wood though, one bad swing and "SNAP!" That's what I would be worried about.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Good point. I am not one to buy stuff just to look at it and let it gather dust so I would just pass on them.

Absolutely not, hence my traffic sticks from home Depot for $1.50 or whatever

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nope. As much as I like to blow money away on golf products, this isn’t one of them.

I overpaid for my alignment sticks at 3 for $10.

If someone wanted something cool to have in their bag I don't see why not. People pay some crazy money for custom headcovers and they're probably less important in the grand scheme of things than alignment sticks. I personally wouldn't spend the money on them as I don't bring out my sticks unless I am going to the range to practice. If I am at the range warming up for a round, I will just thrown an iron down to get my feet aligned to my target.

For what you get and what goes into them, they are probably priced right. For me, I will just stick to the driveway markers from Home Depot.

They do look amazing, but for that price and the fact that I rare use the sticks I already have, I would pass on them.

Didn't see anything about doing custom paint jobs for orders, but if they ever did that, I could see it being a cool touch if private clubs some of these to their range areas, or having it be a gift for a tournament or charity event.

That's a big fat no. I'm still using the collapsible sticks that came were packaged with some NXT Tours I bought a few years back.

I wouldn’t pay that much for them. If I really wanted custom I’d probably try painting my own first.

I need to get into the stick painting business.

Back