Which iron causes you to get anxious?

Used to be 5i

After this weekend 8i or set GW
Get your 8i checked. Mine needed a serious bending trip in the loft and lie machine after this weekend.

Get your 8i checked. Mine needed a serious bending trip in the loft and lie machine after this weekend.

Was thinking of getting everything spec checked anyways

Oddly enough for me its my PW. I'm starting to wonder if something is off with it (I know its me). I just can't hit it.

I will usually try and lay off a 9I or smash a 50 degree wedge depending on distance.

Its odd because I love every other Iron (5I-9I) in the set and really have no issues with any of them.

For years it has been 6 iron for me too. At the end of last season I said to myself I’m not shying away from it any more. Over the winter I committed myself to hitting it whenever I hit balls. Last weekend I hit a few 6 irons that just made me smile because I know what usually happens when I pull that club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5I through gap wedge

6i. always 6i. I think that's the space in the set where the offset gets weird. I don't hit 5 iron great either, but I'm much more confident with it. I don't think I've ever hit a good 6i in my life.

yes?

5i gives me fits off the deck. and right now i'm kinda scared of my aw. just cannot get comfortable over the ball, and make really bad swings.

Bruh! I love my wedges and I usually use the set AW wedge. But my last two sets I have dreaded hitting AW/GW. I never feel comfortable setting up with it. I usually end up opening the face to feel comfortable, then push shots right. happened a few times yesterday.

for what ever reason I have a lot of confidence in the 4i and 5i as I have had a bit of success with this set in the past. Now the 6i, with trouble on the left... geez, guaranteed pull hook... especially if I try to smooth it... it is in my head

Longer irons no doubt. And since 5i is the longest iron I carry, it'd be the 5i.

Nothing in my bag, or I wouldn't game it...but 3 irons tend to start to make me tense up a bit more than others. I'm pretty confident with a 4i these days.

5 iron is my nemesis. 6 and up I'm ok and 4 hybrid I'm ok but put that damn 5 iron in my hand and it's almost guaranteed to be a smoother hook or worm burner.

5i... things get all kinds of ugly with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 iron for me. Just put it one back in the bag. Had gone to 5h previously.

Generally I am pretty confident with any iron in hand, especially off the tee. If I'm playing a set with a 4i, that's where I'm starting to sweat a bit.

But if other clubs are in play, the 3W for sure. Fairway woods are the definition of hit or miss for me.

My 4 iron has been removed from the bag because I hit it so poorly.

For some reason my 9i is the one. Not because I hit it bad, but more because it’s an in between club for me distance wise.

Last two years it's been my 6i- couldn't hit that thing to save my life. I'd do everything possible to avoid pulling it, including laying up off the tee for a hybrid into a green.

This year- one of the things that I've found I like about the ONE length concept is that regardless of the number on the bottom- "Swing it like a 7 iron" from the GX7 commercial plays in my head.

Usually 5 iron or more has me worried.

Last year though, the C200 5 iron was maybe my favorite club in the bag. Huge confidence with it from the fairway.

For the last year it's been pretty much every iron. For some reason though my 6 iron send to be a trouble cold which is weird because I have no stress hitting my 5 iron.

3 iron....when it's in the bag.

3 wood off the deck is my nemesis. I have no anxiety with any iron. (but don't always hit it long enough) Can't hit a hybrid accurately at all. Don't even carry one any more.

Is ALL an option?

Back