Which iron causes you to get anxious?

Believe it or not, there is a better one that took over that spot in the bag. You'll get to see what I mean soon me thinks.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Color me intrigued. I’m anxious to hit some of these things at altitude lol

6 iron got me again today. I was smoking my 5 iron, but the 6? Fahgetaboutit.

GW. I'd rather leave myself 150 than 100-110.

Geez I replied to this thread the other day about how bad my 6i has been for over a year...… today...… 6i was fantastic. Of the 3 shots I hit with it today, I left the first one right with and open club face(totally stupid I know) but it was struck well. The next 2 were both straight over the flag long with one of them being so freaking pure it was ridiculous.

56/60 wedges with less than a full shot remaining. Just don’t have good distance control with those clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seem to have a love/ hate relationship with my 4 iron. I have just swapped it out for a 22* hybrid so I will see if things improve.

I’ve gotta say irons just don’t scare me. Driver, 3w, wedges, and putter are all terrifying right now. No one is safe within a 100 yards of center with driver. 3w is a chunk waiting to happen, as are anything but a full swing with wedges. Putter wasn’t a concern until last round (extenuating circumstances but 40+ putts and I chipped in twice!) has me terrified on a green, but in my defense-they were plugged greens rolling around a 12 and it was like playing plinko. My irons are behaving at this point but I’ve also only played LCP so far so it’s easy to hit them with a great lie every time. Down and dirty, time will tell.

56/60 wedges with less than a full shot remaining. Just don’t have good distance control with those clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel like when the going gets tough with this it's best to pick a wedge that's your friend. I think when we are out of sorts there are too many wedges to pick from. Save the club selection for when we are flying high and everything you are hitting is working.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ping G 410 irons. Will hit them but will have to be really good in all aspects; look at address, impact feel, swing feel, launch height, distance and overall feel, to knock the TM Burner 2.0 irons out of the bag.

Got to update my sig.

For me it is any iron longer than a 7. I’ll still use the 6 and hope for the best, but I don’t even know why I beep the 5 in my bag. If I’m at 5 iron distance I almost always take a 3/4 swing with my hybrid.

It used to be the set GW for a while (always fanned right). These days, I think it’s the 5i. I like the 4i off the tee but the 5i can get in my head if I’m not playing well.

Back