THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Well Team DMV, what did you learn today? What are going to work on?

I was already excited for this event and counting down the days. after playing with t2g and mizunofan I'm pumped even more this event and seeing who I get paired with.

i learned that I need to make sure I don't try to swing too hard with the longer clubs and that when I stay smooth in the takeaway and keep that tempo in my downswing the ball goes where I want it to. I also learned that I'm not to far off but there are something's I need to work on. Have to tidy up the short game around the green and work on the putting stroke. Takeaway was a little shaky on some 8-10' that cost me making a putt. Also need to work on alignment and ball position in my putting setup.

Guys I've been down and out for 2 days with the norovirus. It flat out sucks !!!!!!!!!

Plan on hitting the course Tuesday and get in some well needed practice.

How's everyone else's prepping coming along.

Any new planned equipment purchases for the event and prep and play with what you have now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played 18 today with a couple of guys from the NE team. I'm really starting to see my game come together and my putting was much better today.

Any new planned equipment purchases for the event and prep and play with what you have now?
Lesson on Tuesday. Taking the whole day off so will play 18-27 before my lesson.

RBG has a 150% trade-in deal going on right now. Thinking of getting a Cobra F6 fairway. Can't decide on 3/4 or 5/6. Also intrigued by the Rife Hero putter. Have a gift card, and with the trade-in can get both for $0.

Otherwise my bag is set, save the putter slot. Either the TM Tour Black Daytona, the Scotty Laguna 2 I have on the way, another recent purchase in the Nike Method Core 3i, or my W/S Infinite Windy City (and maybe the Rife if I grab it) will wind up there before May ends.

Lesson on Tuesday. Taking the whole day off so will play 18-27 before my lesson.

RBG has a 150% trade-in deal going on right now. Thinking of getting a Cobra F6 fairway. Can't decide on 3/4 or 5/6. Also intrigued by the Rife Hero putter. Have a gift card, and with the trade-in can get both for $0.

Otherwise my bag is set, save the putter slot. Either the TM Tour Black Daytona, the Scotty Laguna 2 I have on the way, another recent purchase in the Nike Method Core 3i, or my W/S Infinite Windy City (and maybe the Rife if I grab it) will wind up there before May ends.

Nice. Weather should be great Tuesday.

Thanks for the rbg info. I really like the TM ghost tour black Daytona. I'm really pondering that one but I'm putting lights out with my tfi 6.5

As for the fw I have not found one I can hit well consistently. I tend to play lower lofted hybrids.

I got a long way to go, I got owned out there today

With that swing it is only a matter of time! You and Eric hit the ball great!

As for the fw I have not found one I can hit well consistently. I tend to play lower lofted hybrids.

Yeah, same here ... but I've read elsewhere that the F6 is a pretty forgiving club ... it may still be a tee only club for me though.

2d832442c6b6a9c537cf8f88282fd53d.jpg

Love hearing all the prep work! I know everyone is getting excited, I look forward to the pairing announcements.

THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Yesterday was a good time, it was fun talking to MizunoFan and EMART about this event. Getting a sense of what they were working on, looking forward to, and some of their ideas for pairing. One of the cool parts was both of these guys were excited to meet the THP members they hadn't met before from both sides. And just having a good time with the entire process.

I mentioned this back in January, so I thought I would bring it back up. Outside of the golf aspect. I hope people are using this to effect more than just the game. People that use events like this as a catalyst for something bigger in their life will grow even more than just on THP.

Also, for those with wives, family or significant others. What are you doing to get them involved? There is a bit of a demand on your time for prep and all that is involved. Hopefully your not doing this alone. Cause when it's all said and done they are the ones that are sacrificing time with you. Make sure they know how much you appreciate it.

Played the second round of my tournament today. It rained for mor than half the round but we did 1 better and shot 75. I hit my driver great again and almost got a hole in one on the 185 yard par 3 third. We came in last but we had fun and it was good to get some competition experience under my belt. It's tough to compete with the old timers when your not very long off the tee and they're hitting from tees 100 yards closer or more. They have great short games too and ours was pretty poor at best this weekend.

Yesterday was a good time, it was fun talking to MizunoFan and EMART about this event. Getting a sense of what they were working on, looking forward to, and some of their ideas for pairing. One of the cool parts was both of these guys were excited to meet the THP members they hadn't met before from both sides. And just having a good time with the entire process.

I mentioned this back in January, so I thought I would bring it back up. Outside of the golf aspect. I hope people are using this to effect more than just the game. People that use events like this as a catalyst for something bigger in their life will grow even more than just on THP.

Also, for those with wives, family or significant others. What are you doing to get them involved? There is a bit of a demand on your time for prep and all that is involved. Hopefully your not doing this alone. Cause when it's all said and done they are the ones that are sacrificing time with you. Make sure they know how much you appreciate it.

Totally agree Kev. My wife knows how much work I want and need to put into this. Yesterday, after playing whiskey creek, I told my wife there were some things I wanted to work on, and she actually told me to go ahead and practice or play yesterday afternoon! I called my son, and we went to Rocky Point and played, and I concentrated on my mid irons while helping him with his game.
I am treating Cindy to a nice dinner tonight. It's the least I can do! I'm a lucky dude!

Well said. Having played in a few THP events before, we've worked out good balance between my work requirements, family time, and golf time. This is the first time with the addition of the little man, so I probably won't be able to practice as much but I definitely remind my wife that I appreciate the time I am able to play or practice and make the most of our time together. I foresee most of my rounds leading up to this event either early in the morning or late in the day to hopefully get around faster.

Guys I've been down and out for 2 days with the norovirus. It flat out sucks !!!!!!!!!

Plan on hitting the course Tuesday and get in some well needed practice.

Bag is set...Yeah right. I'm sure something unexpected will happen.

Got out to play today. Hit some good ones and some bad ones, but managed to score pretty well. Short game was shaky on the front, but hit some good chip shots and made some putts coming in. Still lots to work on in terms of getting off the tee.

Well said. Having played in a few THP events before, we've worked out good balance between my work requirements, family time, and golf time. This is the first time with the addition of the little man, so I probably won't be able to practice as much but I definitely remind my wife that I appreciate the time I am able to play or practice and make the most of our time together. I foresee most of my rounds leading up to this event either early in the morning or late in the day to hopefully get around faster.

Bag is set...Yeah right. I'm sure something unexpected will happen.

Got out to play today. Hit some good ones and some bad ones, but managed to score pretty well. Short game was shaky on the front, but hit some good chip shots and made some putts coming in. Still lots to work on in terms of getting off the tee.

Good to hear. I think we're all prob shaky somewhere. My sand game is struggling right now. In really working in that

As for my bag no plans in changing right now, but we know how that changes so quickly

Played whiskey creek yesterday. Was a little shaky on the front, but got it together on the back. Short game was spot-on, ( hit 3 Flags but none went in ) hit the driver further than i have in a long time, and I putted well - but I left some shots out there I should have made. Had some bad luck as well 3-balls in divots in Fairways and 2 bare spots in rough and then in an aeration hole in one of the fairways. Good thing was that I kept it together and didn't get frustrated. Pretty happy overall. Work continues this week!

Great time with the Carolina Guys today. Game is still up and down some low numbers but some high ones as well need to work on my putter and chipping for this one.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think it is safe to say I need work in 3 areas-3 wood, long irons, and putting. Those 3 did me in today.

I think it is safe to say I need work in 3 areas-3 wood, long irons, and putting. Those 3 did me in today.
I will also work on stopping you if you are aiming at the wrong green next time instead of just letting you hit it ;)

I will also work on stopping you if you are aiming at the wrong green next time instead of just letting you hit it ;)

Really great captaining, Ron. I appreciate it.

Back