Titleist Seam Issues?

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Playing with someone today using what I think are last years DT Trusoft balls and straight out of the box the seam is i guess browning? Anyone else see this kind of thing?

b607c43df7412006b771042afddb451f.jpg

Never seen that but I'll be sure to ask at Ultimate Titleist at the end of April

I have never seen anything like that at all.

They sure it's not a knockoff ball?

Never seen that on any ball.

Wonder why just on the seam? Was the sleeve discolored in any way?

X-Man sent me some last year as a trade and I saw the same issue.

Bought in store. I wonder if they sat somewhere warm or something.

yeah that is rather interesting. I know I haven't seen it and I'm a fan of playing a yellow ball. That would turn me off though.

Wow... That is a little bizarre.

yeah that is rather interesting. I know I haven't seen it and I'm a fan of playing a yellow ball. That would turn me off though.

Back in the day when I was a lot younger than I am now, when yellow balls were few & far between, I used to see discoloration of the color even while they were in the bag. I think that was what turned me off the yellow ball from the very beginning. Hopefully the mixing of the color is better these days.

Single Track Technology?

Is there a bonding agent used to connect the seams?

Whoa that's weird. I don't play Titleist so I can's speak to it. But in the balls I do play i have not seen that.

Playing with someone today using what I think are last years DT Trusoft balls and straight out of the box the seam is i guess browning? Anyone else see this kind of thing?

b607c43df7412006b771042afddb451f.jpg

I have a friend who plays these all the time, will have to check with him this weekend. That is pretty interesting.

I have a friend who plays these all the time, will have to check with him this weekend. That is pretty interesting.

That would be awesome info. I cannot fathom it being an every single dozen thing. No way titleist would be alright with that.

I had the same issue with the sleeve I bought last year. It was distracting enough that I never even made it to the course with them. Contacted Titleist CS about it but never got a reply email.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Was a THP tester for the DT TruSoft last year (balls provided were white) and never saw anything like this. I played the ball provided and even bought a couple dozen afterwards and played for several months, nothing.

I feel like I have seen those lines on refurbished balls.

I feel like I have seen those lines on refurbished balls.
The sleeve I bought was yellow and came from my local pro shop. After seeing the seams the next week, I checked the ones they still had, 10 dozen or so, I didn't look at every ball but the ones I did also had this weird line on them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Single Track Technology?

Beat me to it. "If you can't fix it, feature it."

In surfing to try to figure out how a golf ball is seamed, I came across this Q&A from a 2011 Team Titleist article on a totally unrelated but often-asked question hereabouts:

TT: Nathan S. asks, “What is the predictable shelf life (of a Titleist golf ball)?”

R&D: Today's Titleist golf balls can be safely stored for five years or even more, as long as they're kept away from excessive heat. Attics and cars, for example, can get very hot during the summer and can dramatically shorten a ball's life. Normal indoor conditions should be fine for storage.

That would be awesome info. I cannot fathom it being an every single dozen thing. No way titleist would be alright with that.

So played with my guy this weekend who plays these. I checked his ball after we got done, ( same ball for 18holes) and didn’t notice any issue with the seam. Was scuffed a bit but nothing major.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I found one of these mixed in with range balls and it had the same seam issue.

Back