Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy, Thank you for the Birdieball! This thing is freaking awesome! Now I'm not limited to just my sand wedge in my yard.
Glad you like it!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Glad you like it!

Thank you as well, Haven't tried it yet but I'll wait till I buy a mat, I'm sure I'll like it and proceed to tear up the yard banging it around if I don't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had A great time with Mike, Matt, Dave and Paul. Mike and Matt had their games going even in the soft spring conditions. Dave was Mr. Consistency and Paul and I were more than a little off our games (it was ugly). Batavia CC played long today.

First off, it was a awesome coming up and playing with you guys, as usual. Hard to believe golf can be that laid back and fun with folks that you don't see all the time. Secondly, those pictures are awesome! Wish I would have taken some pictures myself I was mostly playing with the Golf GameBook, but we'll get more rounds in!

Nice to see some of you guys getting out and enjoying the warm spell. Hoping to get out for the first time on Sunday. Irons and hybrid getting here in the mail tomorrow, should be a good week :)

Who is getting out golfing tomorrow?

Not 100% but I'll probably get out Sunday locally, most likely won't be able to swing tomorrow.

Gotta work the next 2 weekends. Only weekends I work all year so I can't complain...too much.

I'll be out at Batavia. Expecting a long slow day as I'm sure it will be packed but we'll see. I think Stafford has opened so I may head there and walk instead.

I'm getting out Sunday.

Im determined to get out tomorrow but have no clue where. Had a group of 6 and they are all bailing last minute.

I was hoping to find a course open for Sunday

Can't tomorrow. Have other plans. Not sure about Sunday though.

Can't tomorrow. Have other plans. Not sure about Sunday though.

Dave, Gregg...this is the course I was talking about getting a round in at some time this year. Shorter drive for you guys.

http://www.tricountycountryclub.com/course/

Also, as per our discussion after our round at Batavia CC I would seriously consider playing the Golds. Par 4s of 426, 411, 428, 430 & 433 from the whites is just not fun.

Dave, Gregg...this is the course I was talking about getting a round in at some time this year. Shorter drive for you guys.

Also, as per our discussion after our round at Batavia CC I would seriously consider playing the Golds. Par 4s of 426, 411, 428, 430 & 433 from the whites is just not fun.
Pictures of that place looks fantastic. Count me in for a round there if the timing works.

We for sure need to play there this year, always heard great things about it

I am all for it Andy. And your right about those 400yd + par 4s. They are murder for my distance. I will say that with that birdieball I have discovered what I have been doing wrong and Im sure I am going to see some distance gains. Just not sure how much until I actually get out with the real thing. I blasted a few golf balls out into the woods that went father than usual for me so we will see.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am all for it Andy. And your right about those 400yd + par 4s. They are murder for my distance. I will say that with that birdieball I have discovered what I have been doing wrong and Im sure I am going to see some distance gains. Just not sure how much until I actually get out with the real thing. I blasted a few golf balls out into the woods that went father than usual for me so we will see.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Glad it's helping. I don't get to use them enough. My yard is not quite big enough for full swings although I do have a net too though.

That's a pretty neat course layout yardage wise, the white tees are basically the same as my home course except I'm used to 4 par 3s and 4 par 5s, they adjust by having some long par 4s and some really short par 4s as well.

Tri-County looks like a great course, I'll be looking to try to play a lot more with this group this year.

Anyone get out this weekend? I managed to play 9 at Brook-Lea Saturday afternoon. Still temporary greens and it plays a lot easier when every hole is 30 yards shorter. Still managed to have 4 pars. Hope this continues throughout the season.

Anyone get out this weekend? I managed to play 9 at Brook-Lea Saturday afternoon. Still temporary greens and it plays a lot easier when every hole is 30 yards shorter. Still managed to have 4 pars. Hope this continues throughout the season.
Planned on playing Saturday but ended up helping Mark get the range ready to be opened instead.

Played today. It was colder, wetter, and WINDIER than I had hoped. Still feels great to be outdoors in MARCH.

Tri county looks very nice. Also a challenging layout. Looking forward to playing there this summer

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Played today. It was colder, wetter, and WINDIER than I had hoped. Still feels great to be outdoors in MARCH.

glad you got out bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back