Titleist 915D2 Driver Review Thread

I ended up grabbing a 9.5* 915D2 w the Rogue Black 70 shaft and had a chance to hit it yesterday and tonight at the driving range. And had a chance to hit it yesterday and tonight at the driving range. Played with the adjustments some and ended up settling on D4 which is 10.25* loft and a bit upright. Was really grooving some nice penetrating straight baby fades. Was really grooving some nice penetrating straight balls w a slight fall back fade. No nasty hooks or slices. Hooks or slices. I even purposely made some bad swings in the ball still came out relatively straight and would definitely be playable. Compared to my cobra flyz+ The 915 D2 is miles and miles more forgiving and seems just as long. I am definitely willing to sacrifice a few yards to consistently find more fairways and the cobra is definitely not a fairway finder.
Very happy so far....

Question for you 915 d2 owners . How high are you teeing teeing the ball to achieve your best results ? Meaning teeing the ball high med.or low ? Some of my golf buddies have been teeing their ball lower on the club face and getting better results with accuracy and distance with with their drivers . They own Cobra bio cell another sldr another bb 815 , I know there are a lot of different factors in play here as angle of attack swing speed and others. Just curious to here your thoughts on this with the 915.
Thanks gb

I would say low. Much lower than I did with previous drivers. I have maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of the ball above the crown at address. Low miss on this face is not punishing much at all, and I find I hit the sweet spot more often. If you use the THP Epoch tees, I push the tee in until I can no longer see the top-most colored band. I also sweep a bit more with the driver - your mileage may vary. :)

Thanks for the replies on the tee height curious to heard the results . I am in the search for a LH 10.5 in an r flex . Golftown is having their demo sale next weekend I am hoping they have some sweet heart deals on them . Thx gb

Thanks for the replies on the tee height curious to heard the results . I am in the search for a LH 10.5 in an r flex . Golftown is having their demo sale next weekend I am hoping they have some sweet heart deals on them . Thx gb

I would really encourage you to have a try with a 9.5 in the reg if you normally play a 10.5 in other drivers. Not sure why but the launch on this thing seems very aggressive not sure why. Try the 9.5 as well in reg and if needed increase it up to 10.25. Important to know you can go up by 1.5 but down only by .75 degrees.

I would really encourage you to have a try with a 9.5 in the reg if you normally play a 10.5 in other drivers. Not sure why but the launch on this thing seems very aggressive not sure why. Try the 9.5 as well in reg and if needed increase it up to 10.25. Important to know you can go up by 1.5 but down only by .75 degrees.

I did the same. Went and hit the 9.5 and 10.5 and I was 10 yards further with the 9.5.

Yeah I'm not too sure why but compared to the other drivers I trialled being the GBB, XR and G30 this was the only that worked in 9.5 degree for me and launched the same or higher than the others in 10.5... odd

This driver is sort of awesome for me. Really digging it.

This driver is sort of awesome for me. Really digging it.
So how is it in relation to your Callaway Optiforce

So how is it in relation to your Callaway Optiforce

I think it is much longer. The Optiforce is still one of the best feeling drivers I've ever hit. But it had to be retired awhile back.

Picked up a used D2 and a Diamana Blue S+ 60 from ironcondor. Just got back from the range and I can say I found something to knock the BioCell+ out of the bag. Love everything about it so far...launch is perfect on A1 with the S+.

For my swing the 10.5 with the Rogue Silver 60 is a great combo of launch and low spin.

For my swing the 10.5 with the Rogue Silver 60 is a great combo of launch and low spin.

Definitely a solid driver. Not the longest by any means for me, but a solid offering as per usual from Titleist.

I was fit into it recently, 10.5* head with the Diamana D+ White 70g shaft. We had played around with a few heads and quite a few shaft combos, but when we got to the D+ white, my circle of dispersion on flightscope looked like I was hitting a wedge only much farther down the target line. It will likely be on my bag for this year.

Awesome! Glad the shaft is working out! For me it came down to the M+ vs. the S+, and the M+ won out for me.

I bought the 915D3 with the original Diamana white board S shaft this week. Oh boy... what an eye opener. :banana:

Haven't seen a dispersion like that ever before on one of my drives. I have been playing "off the rack" lightweight driver shafts with soft tips for years and couldn't control it. not even a bit.(awful slices and hooks)

Seems that has changed quite a bit. I'm hitting straight arrows all week with a 440cc head. can't believe it. brilliant.

Love titleist Love mitsubishi:clapp:

I bought the 915D3 with the original Diamana white board S shaft this week. Oh boy... what an eye opener. :banana:

Haven't seen a dispersion like that ever before on one of my drives. I have been playing "off the rack" lightweight driver shafts with soft tips for years and couldn't control it. not even a bit.(awful slices and hooks)

Seems that has changed quite a bit. I'm hitting straight arrows all week with a 440cc head. can't believe it. brilliant.

Love titleist Love mitsubishi:clapp:
Pondering this exact setup

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Taken a chip out of the top my my driver, looks like a sky mark but it was from pulling out my putter and bumping it... its right on the edge between the crown and the face. If I fill the gap with gloss black paint what are the chances it will chip out again on high face shots?

Taken a chip out of the top my my driver, looks like a sky mark but it was from pulling out my putter and bumping it... its right on the edge between the crown and the face. If I fill the gap with gloss black paint what are the chances it will chip out again on high face shots?

I would just use a sharpie to fill it in. That's the quickest fix. Makes it less noticeable and you don't have to worry about chipping

I might have to do that, its fairly deep, right down to the metal, and roughly 3-5mm long so will just colour for the time being.

Hey guys,
week two with my new 915D3 driver and I'm not regretting buying it one bit. Not even when you take the 917 release into consideration.
I'm hitting it much straighter than i have ever before. Never thought I could get the whiteboard working with my crappy swing.
As of now I've hit arround 500 range balls with it and most of them are really going straight. My misses tend to be fades but nowhere near as severe as with my old driver. Just tiny little fades. I dont know why, but Im finding the center of the face much more often.

As I've said earlier, I got myself the original "flowerband" whiteboard in 70g stiff and compared it to the OEM 60g whiteboard xstiff. All I can say both are great shafts for my swing but I'm not 100 percent sure which one to go for in the long run.
The 60g OEM version needs less effort swinging it but the misses are just a bit more punishing whereas the original whiteboard provides me a better dispersion

Though call... Anyway I'm loving this driver so far and the misses with both shafts aren't nowhere near as punishing as they were with my old lightweight driver.
I really believe the sudden improvement in center strikes must have something to do with the decreased shaft twist coming from the heavier and much less torquier shaft.
Because my swing hasn't changed a bit... unfortunately:D

Thats awesome Doc. Always nice getting something that works well.

Anyone else still playing the 915 D2? I was thinking about switching to something else and then I hit some balls yesterday. I really like the 915 D2. It looks great with the clean glossy black crown, the Diamana stock shafts are very nice, and I like the default 45" length without having to cut down and add weight, etc...

Dave

I have a D2 and a D3: pulled my numbers from the GC quad earlier at a fitting center from this morning. AOA: 4.2 Spin: 2324 Launch: 14.8° carry: 281

This thing is still DEEP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a D2 and a D3: pulled my numbers from the GC quad earlier at a fitting center from this morning. AOA: 4.2 Spin: 2324 Launch: 14.8° carry: 281

This thing is still DEEP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Awesome numbers! Looks like I'm the only one though still playing these things LOL.

I really like the lock of it and am guess am not as sensitive to sound as many. I don't really notice the sound. I did find the Ping G SF TEC offensive though so I guess I have standards too.

I'm back rockin the 915D2 avatar again, I had to take it down when I was thinking of switching drivers. :)

Dave

Back