How do you like your tournament finishes?

How do you like your tournament finishes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OITW

Reaction score
Do you like the winner to dominate the tournament a la Tiger Woods in 2000, or do you like a close finish that heads to a playoff like the 2015 Players that Rickie won?

For me I like a tight Sunday where it goes to a playoff and the winner emerges from there, not a fan of it being a runaway for the winner.

Definitely prefer a close finish

Close finishes are fun to watch, but I prefer to see a course dominated!

I'm good either way. If someone dominates and runs away with it, you get to watch some special golf. If it's tight, it keeps you on the edge of your seat.

I just don't like watching guys crumble and give it away, unless it's Bubba.

Close. Always prefer a close finish.

I like both, just depends. runaways are fun if the guy is playing great golf and I like them as a player haha. Jason day was fun to watch at the PGA championship. But I do love some playoff golf.

I much prefer a close finish. It's tough to duplicate that drama.

A close finish for me. It's good to see them perform under that kind of pressure.

Close finishes are much more exciting!

Close finishes are fun to watch and make for exciting tv. However I don't mind a runaway dominant performance every so often.

Close finishes are more fun. Watching the 2000 US Open and other such domination's make me feel like I watched a piece of history.

Would have given anything to see Watson see his good shot rewarded in the 09 Open, that wouldn't have been exciting and arguably the greatest major performance in history.

Payoffs are the best!

Love me some playoff golf.

I like a close finish but I'm not always a fan of playoffs.

Love it when a guy has a big lead and the pack makes a run to make him make birdies and not just coast to a win.

Just like today's!

Always fun when it's close or comes down to the wire!

I'm a huge fan of close finishes.

I don't mind watching someone dominate the first three rounds. Then I hope someone makes a run so there is a tight finish with some real pressure at the end.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

I definitely prefer a good close finish.

Close is always more exciting! When one guy runs away with it there is no drama.

Unfortunately I can't vote for any of the options.

I don't care how a tournament ends, I just like to see good golf. Whether that's Tiger crushing the field by 15 of a 4-way play-off, I don't really care.

Close finish but I did also enjoy seeing how many times a play can win in a year especially when they start dominating like tiger did

Close plus a course that is hard.
Love to see the US Open where par is a struggle.
Never really cared for birdie-fests.

I like to see Saturday leaders battle down he stretch. Not a fan of the collapse and someone shooting a low score way early. I want to see closers

I like a close finish that keeps you on the edge of your seat watching, rooting for your players.

Back