2016 March Madness Bracket Challenge (ESPN) and Tournament Thread

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL CONTEST. BRAGGING RIGHTS ONLY!

If this becomes an official contest, this post will be updated.

This challenge is the every day normal bracket most of us are used to.

I am going to use ESPN for our bracket game again this year. We've been using this for our Streak for the Cash games and other fun games throughout the year and it seems that everyone is happy with this site. Please read the first two posts in this thread for all the info you need.

http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-...t/en/frontpage
The url for the group is: http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2016/en/group?groupID=49008

If you were in this last year, you will just need to rejoin the group.

You MUST your THP Screen name for this challenge.

When you sign up, it asks for your real name. You can put whatever you want for that name. If you already have an ESPN account you want to use, please change your last name to your THP name for this challenge. One entry per person.

YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR ENTRY NAME BY CLICKING ON THE "MY ENTRY" TAB WHEN YOU ARE ON YOUR ENTRY PAGE.

You MUST use your forum screen name or have it there somehow.

The group ID is: 49008
The group name is: THP Tournament Challenge
The group password is: Hackers

This is a LOCKED group, which means that once the tournament starts, you cannot join or leave the group. It is also private, which means you must use the password to get in. Of course you cannot change your picks either! You are responsible for making sure that you actually got into the group and that your selections were saved. Every year we have a few entries that didn't take for whatever reason. Please make sure your entry is submitted to the group correctly! Make sure to check the ESPN rules for scoring and tie breaking procedures.

There will be spoilers within this thread, so be careful if you want to watch games after they have been played.

The Promotion begins on Thursday, March 17, 2016 at approximately 12:15pm Eastern Time and ends on Monday, April 4, 2016 at 11:59pm (or upon the completion of the Tournament) (the "Promotion Period"). For purposes of these Official Rules all times are Eastern Time ("ET").

WE DO NOT PICK GAMES FOR ROUND "1", which are the play-in games. THE CHALLENGE STARTS WITH ROUND 2.

When I post the standings, I will be using print screen to do it, so if you don't want your real name to show up, you are advised to change it.

How To Play
Playing is a breeze. Follow this step by step sign-up process and you'll be tipping off in no time. See "Step 3" for help on filling out your bracket in preparation for the big event.

Step 1 - ENTERING THE GAME
A valid ESPN username and password will be used as an identifier to login and to keep track of your entry's score and standing. If you've had an ESPN account in the past but forgot it, here's how to find your account information. After you have logged in, click on the CREATE ENTRY button on the frontpage to create your entry.

Step 2 - NAMING YOUR ENTRY
Make sure your THP Screen name is someplace in your entry. If it is not, It will be disqualified and removed from the group. You can add numbers or whatever to it but please let us know who you are! Before filling out your bracket give your entry some character and assign it a name. After you've clicked the "Create Entry" button, you will be forwarded to a screen that will ask you to name your entry. Once you have named your entry, you may choose to change your Email Reminders setting and then click on the "Submit Entry Settings" button. You will have the opportunity to change your entry name at any point during the game by clicking the "Edit Entry Settings" link on your entry page.

Step 3 - MAKE YOUR SELECTIONS (Bracket available Sunday March 13, 2016)
Before the release of the official tournament bracket on Sunday, March 13, 2016, you will only be able to view your Entry page with the Countdown clock counting down to the release of the bracket. One hour following the announcement of the tournament match-ups you will have the opportunity to select who you think will win each of the 63 tournament games. Entrants may change their selections as often as they like prior to the scheduled tip-off time of the first game in the second round of the tournament (currently scheduled for Thursday, March 17, 2016) after which all selections must be finalized.

You will be be able fill out your bracket in its entirety from a single page. Click the team name to advance the team to the next round. Once the bracket is complete, and you have submitted your tiebreaker score for the Championship match, the Submit button will change color (RED button) and you may submit your picks.

Notes: You will have the option to edit your bracket(s) at any time after they have been initially submitted, before the lock time. You cannot delete an entry/bracket once it has been created. An e-mail reminder will be sent to all entrants who had joined the game before the brackets were released and those who have not submitted their selections.

Step 4 - ACCUMULATING POINTS
Now you are ready to take on the tournament. The object of the game is simple: Correctly pick the winner of the most matches in the 63 games following the "First Four" round of the tournament. A correct selection in the second round counts as 10 points, and in the third round the point value is doubled. (See the table below for more details about the scoring breakdown).

ROUNDTEAMSGAMESPOINTS (each)POINTS (total)
Second Round643210320
Third Round321620320
Sweet Sixteen (regional semifinals)16840320
Elite Eight (regional finals)8480320
Final Four (semifinals)42160320
National Championship (finals)21320320
Totals--63--1920

Reserved.

I'm in!

Not sure if you knew it, but you were already in there before I set it up!

I hit the rejoin. Didn't know if it would work or not.

Brackets will be open tomorrow evening.

I am taking KU all the way.

In and ready to see Michigan State take it.

This challenge goes live this evening! Make sure to fill out your brackets.

#RockChalk

Clicked on the "Rejoin Group", so I think I'm in. Didn't see anywhere to put in the password after it took me to the group, and I didn't show up on the list of members, but, maybe that will show up later. I haven't made any picks yet.

Verified that I'm in.

I'll tell you know I'm going all chalk in every bracket, so I guess you know who I've got in my final 4, final 2 and champ!

2016 March Madness Bracket Challenge (ESPN) and Tournament Thread

Upset. Time to get my picks in. Anyone have a quarter?

Signed-in and my bracket automatically uploaded! All set.

I had to get in on this one

Thanks

In - I think.

I'm in. Thanks for doing this.

Sounds like fun!

I'm in but, I can't figure out how to change my entry name. It is tschank instead of schanker. Hope that's close enough.

Edit:

I figured it out. Just left group filled out new bracket with new name and submitted.

In. Same pick as usual.

I'm in! Thanks for setting this up, looking forward to Thursday! Go Heels, Go America.

I'm in

I'm in! Ready to win it all

Back