2019 Breaking 100 Gathering - All Are Welcome

DucatiGirl

Stoked for RWC2019
Reaction score
Handicap
My Height
It’s that time of year again - well actually, we’re running a bit late.

It’s been decided: October 5-6 at beautiful Fairfield Glade in Crossville TN, everything your inner duffer could desire: beautiful fairways, lovely greens, and all the banter you could possibly desire. I believe we’ll try for the same setup as last year - Stonehenge on Saturday am, Heatherhurst the Brae in the afternoon, then the mighty Bear Trace at Cumberland State Park (mostly because of Wade, who lit up like a kid at Christmas at that course!). These are challenging courses BUT the FG courses feature 5 tee sets, including a green set in the fairways for kids and beginners. So there’s a tee length for everyone!

Cost is $327, which includes 2 nights lodging, and 3 rounds of golf. Locals, the cost for 2 rounds golf is forthcoming. Those bringing spouses, there is a small fee for the extra bed - most of the cost is golf, or it was last year. Cost is based on full occupancy so it might vary.

Cost list:
Lodging and 3 rounds: $327
Lodging per night for spouse (or single room): $44
3 rounds golf only: $214
2 rounds golf only: $145
*prices based on full occupancy and might waver up a nominal amount

Nonrefundable deposit of $50 is due May 16th- please coordinate with @Hamfist (deposit can be moved to another person’s balance, so we can work it out behind the scenes). The balance will be due the week before.

Please post up that you’re okay with the dates! Hamfist is taking the lead on reservations this year, FYI.

Come join us!

Previous thread from last year:
Last year was a blast. The actual event starts around post #360ish, with an imperial crap ton of pictures.
2018 Breaking 100 Gathering - ALL ARE WELCOME - October
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...om/forum/showthread.php?t=103828&share_type=t

Definite I’m In List:
Hamfist
GolfDawg +spouse, possibly for golf
LLIB (golf only on Saturday)
Brianmk24
Wadesworld
Thommo.sx
SmiterofPV1X (+ Smiter Jr??)
Mr3putt +1 friend

Tentative “I’m In” List:
DG
Ttucliffhanger (golf only Sat, will probably pay proshop - no deposit)
Qwikz51 (very tentative)
HighOnTheHog
KYGolfer possibly +1
Justincredible + spouse (lodging only)
Tee/ski
Grins
Mielke101
Your name here

Last edited:
It’s that time of year again - well actually, we’re running a bit late. We’re a rather congenial bunch too busy with the banter, not enough with the plans.

Last year was a blast.
2018 Breaking 100 Gathering - ALL ARE WELCOME - October
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...om/forum/showthread.php?t=103828&share_type=t

This year hopefully will be a blast too!

Right now what we need are your opinions. If you’re planning on doing your best to make it out this year, post your opinion in this thread by answering these two questions:

1. Which weekend works best for you: 21-22 September, or 28-29 September, or 5-6 October?

2. What’s your location choice? Last year was Fairfield Glade/Crossville TN which is a reasonably priced golf resort with plenty of elevation changes, courses with character, and your yearly dose of OB in a single weekend. So we either go back this year or list another suggestion.

I’ll update this thread as we get details hammered out.

Tentative “I’m In” List:
1. DG
2. Shaman
3. Your name here

Barring any catastrophic events, push my chips to the center, 'cause I'm all in! I vote for Crossville. It was a great site, both for courses and ease of logistics. I have an open schedule.

Barring any catastrophic events, push my chips to the center, 'cause I'm all in! I vote for Crossville. It was a great site, both for courses and ease of logistics. I have an open schedule.

Rar!! Well it wouldn’t be #B100Live without you!

Good to see you guys ram rod this again this year.

I'm a tentative. Don't know my schedule yet but I'll have to take a look. I'm sure @the2thefixer will be down too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just took a look. Any of the weekends work but I think the September weekends would be best. Better chance at better weather. Also if we do Nashville that's where Waldo lives aka the2thfixer so I will just stay with him and if he's able to come he will just stay with me if we do the same area again.

I'm a tentative. Don't know my schedule yet but I'll have to take a look. I'm sure @the2thefixer will be down too.

Yes! It’d be great if yous guys could join again!

I’m a maybe if it’s in October. I’ll be on vacation during the September dates.

Put me on a tentative list for the first or third weekend.

Posting for Lucy. :D

Going to miss it again. Going to Italy in September and will be broke in October.

Put me in as a maybe/possibly.

Shaman, you’re in my general neck of the woods. You plan to drive or fly? Looks like about a 7ish hour drive. I can’t do that car trip by myself. Could definitely meet prior for a round to make sure I’m not a serial killer, have bad gas, etc-ha. Would love to meet more of my THP brothers and sister(s?). Looked like a good time last year and the way I’m sliding with golf skills, I might be praying for 100 by that point.

Quick edit: don’t plan which weekend based on me. I’m in a hard ponder but the dates make little difference to me. Finding a car mate is more important than dates, Don’t want to drive that far on my own.

I would love to attend, not a deal breaker if it's not either of my selections but with a newborn, Oct 5/6 (weekend before fall break) and Nashville would be far easier to plan around.

Shaman, you’re in my general neck of the woods. You plan to drive or fly? Looks like about a 7ish hour drive. I can’t do that car trip by myself. Could definitely meet prior for a round to make sure I’m not a serial killer, have bad gas, etc-ha. Would love to meet more of my THP brothers and sister(s?). Looked like a good time last year and the way I’m sliding with golf skills, I might be praying for 100 by that point.

Quick edit: don’t plan which weekend based on me. I’m in a hard ponder but the dates make little difference to me. Finding a car mate is more important than dates, Don’t want to drive that far on my own.

No worries about level of play with us for sure, especially the way my year is going

I would love to attend, not a deal breaker if it's not either of my selections but with a newborn, Oct 5/6 (weekend before fall break) and Nashville would be far easier to plan around.

Good to know and congrats!

No worries about level of play with us for sure, especially the way my year is going

I’ll turn it around! I’m only 2ish rounds in and striking the ball well. Took 40+ putts last round but the greens were punched and still rolling 12ish. It was like playing plinko. But I always have room to progress or regress. I’m very good at both:) Only thing I “worry” about golfing is killing someone a fairway or two over, lol.

Thanks for the invite. Hopefully can find a car pardner. I drove 2x that far going to a
FL vacation a couple years ago, straight down, straight back. But had a car full of the lady and junior smiters along. Can’t do a 7 hour ride each way by myself. That’s my biggest hang-up. If I can’t maybe I’ll bring one of the Jr Smiters down with me. But selling missing a school day to lady Smiter is like selling a lice kit to a bald guy:)

Edit: Probably better put a tentative by my name too. Want to for sure but need to ride share. Possibly could bring my 13 y/o (don’t worry about him, or worry about him, based on perspective-he’s high single digit HC but more importantly knows how to keep up or get forced to sit until he can). But he’ll be in season HS golf wise so I can’t count on that until I see his schedule. And somehow convincing Mrs Smiter that he should miss a Friday in school to accompany me.

I'll drive or ride shotgun, I'm good either way. I'm usually heavily armed, so no worry on the serial killer thing.

I’ll turn it around! I’m only 2ish rounds in and striking the ball well. Took 40+ putts last round but the greens were punched and still rolling 12ish. It was like playing plinko. But I always have room to progress or regress. I’m very good at both:) Only thing I “worry” about golfing is killing someone a fairway or two over, lol.

Thanks for the invite. Hopefully can find a car pardner. I drove 2x that far going to a
FL vacation a couple years ago, straight down, straight back. But had a car full of the lady and junior smiters along. Can’t do a 7 hour ride each way by myself. That’s my biggest hang-up. If I can’t maybe I’ll bring one of the Jr Smiters down with me. But selling missing a school day to lady Smiter is like selling a lice kit to a bald guy:)

Edit: Probably better put a tentative by my name too. Want to for sure but need to ride share. Possibly could bring my 13 y/o (don’t worry about him, or worry about him, based on perspective-he’s high single digit HC but more importantly knows how to keep up or get forced to sit until he can). But he’ll be in season HS golf wise so I can’t count on that until I see his schedule. And somehow convincing Mrs Smiter that he should miss a Friday in school to accompany me.

Bring him! I'll sneak him beer and teach him to shoot at the same time!

Everyone is on the tentative list at this point, so no worries.

Junior Smiter is welcome - and sell it as an invaluable opportunity for him learn new skills by playing highly rated golf courses with tricky elevation changes, learning to travel, and socializing with new and varied peoples.

Plus you’d get you both out of her hair for the weekend?

Everyone is on the tentative list at this point, so no worries.

Junior Smiter is welcome - and sell it as an invaluable opportunity for him learn new skills by playing highly rated golf courses with tricky elevation changes, learning to travel, and socializing with new and varied peoples.

Plus you’d get you both out of her hair for the weekend?

And drinkin' and shootin'!

Back