Cleveland Golf TFi 2135 - THP Review Thread

Help me out, fellow THPers. I want to change the grip (I've got a superStroke 3.0 on my other putter and like how it helps me take the hands out of the stroke). Is there a SS option that would let me keep the counterbalance effect of my 8.0? What is it? Or am I looking at cutting the shaft down an inch and making it a traditional non CB putter?

Can you get one of the SS counter core options in a 3.0? They have a 50gram weight that can you put in them.

Going try these putters this weekend. All this talk has me intrigued!

Help me out, fellow THPers. I want to change the grip (I've got a superStroke 3.0 on my other putter and like how it helps me take the hands out of the stroke). Is there a SS option that would let me keep the counterbalance effect of my 8.0? What is it? Or am I looking at cutting the shaft down an inch and making it a traditional non CB putter?

The 8.0 is available in 35" and 38" shafts. Which shaft do have in your 8.0?

Going try these putters this weekend. All this talk has me intrigued!
I think you will like what you see in the alignment and the feel, IMHO, is pretty darn good and I'm a milled guy.

The 8.0 is available in 35" and 38" shafts. Which shaft do have in your 8.0?
35 inches. I normally play a standard putter at 34 inches, which is what I was referring to by cutting it down.

35 inches. I normally play a standard putter at 34 inches, which is what I was referring to by cutting it down.

There're not SS grips but I'll offer a couple of suggestions:

1. The 15" Garsen MAX which is available in smooth or corse texture (I prefer the smooth). This is the grip that I have on my 35" 8.0. It works extremely well with a CB putter so there's no need to add any additional weights. What I really like about this grip is that helps eliminate rounded shoulders during setup, and it allows for natural pendulum swing. Just love this putter/grip combination, and with the 2135 alignment system, this putter is magic. Be forewarned that this grip is different and it may take a little time to get use to it, but it's well worth working through the adjustment period. This would be my first choice.
  2. ​If you prefer more or a traditional putter grip, consider the 13" Lamkin Sink. This grip also works very well with CB putters. I prefer the rounded version but there is also a square version of this grip. Feels good in the hands and there's no adjustment period as compared to the Garsen.
I would suggest that you try changing your grip first before cutting down the shaft. Many (SeeMore and others) advocate going to longer shafts with CB putters, however this is not a hard rule written in stone. In the end you may appreciate having that additional inch. If it still feels too long, start taking it down 0.5 inches at a time.

Hope that helps.

I had a really rough day with the 2135 today. 35 putts but that included 3 three jacks and I made only one putt all day - a 10 footer for birdie. I was missing everything from everywhere and couldn't even lag putt well. It was just one of those days where I couldn't get the speed or line at all. Having said all that, 35 putts is about 3 off my average. So terrible putting day = 10% upward deviation, which feels worse than it really is.

Had a good day with the 1.0 30 putts. Left all my lags within 3 feet which is my goal. :clapp:

Played first round with 1.0. Still working on speed as this has a heavier head than TM I had in the bag past 3 years. Love how this thing rolls the rock.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Will be getting out tomorrow after work. Have about 6 rounds in with it so far and love it!!!!! This will be what gets me to break 80 this year.

Will be getting out tomorrow after work. Have about 6 rounds in with it so far and love it!!!!! This will be what gets me to break 80 this year.

Great to hear that you're seeing results with the 1.0. Also, good luck with breaking 80 this year. A hot putter can make the difference of a good round vs. a PB.

30 putts total today!!! No 3 putts, left all my lags inside 3 feet. Still using th stock grip and am quite comfortable with it.

30 putts total today!!! No 3 putts, left all my lags inside 3 feet. Still using th stock grip and am quite comfortable with it.
That's a solid round of putting!

Very nice! My 6.5 will be back on the course tomorrow!

I had a better run with the 2135 yesterday. Mostly what I noticed is that the ball was always exactly on the line I picked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a better run with the 2135 yesterday. Mostly what I noticed is that the ball was always exactly on the line I picked.

Choose wisely

Glad to hear that you are getting it sorted out.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Played 36 holes today, morning round was wet greens and had 34 putts, the lines where good, but distance messed with me a bit. 32 on the second 18, dryer greens and distance came right back.
I love the feel and weight of the putter. Best choice I have made in new gear.

Played 27 over the weekend with the 6.5. Greens weren't exactly rolling purely in the early season, but I thought I putted really well. Had a few lip-outs but also had some nice putts from that 8-15 foot range.

Played 27 over the weekend with the 6.5. Greens weren't exactly rolling purely in the early season, but I thought I putted really well. Had a few lip-outs but also had some nice putts from that 8-15 foot range.

Stop tempting me Dean!

The man can change anytime he wants!

I need to roll the 6.5. The 8.0 just isn't working for me, but I think that's the CB more than anything. I'm finding I much prefer the standard length/weight.

we shall tee it up again, and soon.

The only thing I can add to this post, is that I hit two putts on the putting green with this from about 8 feet or so…and made them BOTH. Dropped one right in on top of the other.

The man can change anytime he wants!

I need to roll the 6.5. The 8.0 just isn't working for me, but I think that's the CB more than anything. I'm finding I much prefer the standard length/weight.
I think you would LOVE this head shape.

The 6.5 is calling my name again....

Back