Callaway XR16 Sub Zero Driver Preview

I am extremely eager to hit this. I've got huge expectations that it's a great blend of XR speed and forgiveness with the added benefit of low spin.

Pretty much exactly what I am looking for.

I wish I was good at golf. This club looks awesome. And like someone said, Sub Zero is just a cool name.

So this driver is for about ~50% of Internet golfers, but really for 1% of all golfers?

Kudos to Callaway for bringing out another option, but when the only guys on the Tour Staff that are playing this driver are Phil Mickelson and Jason Gore, that tells you that the target market for this club is REALLY small.

I am extremely eager to hit this. I've got huge expectations that it's a great blend of XR speed and forgiveness with the added benefit of low spin.

Pretty much exactly what I am looking for.

See, a guy like you is pretty much the only type of player that I could see gaming this one: high swing speed, very good ball striker, but struggles with too much spin from the driver.

So this driver is for about ~50% of Internet golfers, but really for 1% of all golfers?

Kudos to Callaway for bringing out another option, but when the only guys on the Tour Staff that are playing this driver are Phil Mickelson and Jason Gore, that tells you that the target market for this club is REALLY small.

See, a guy like you is pretty much the only type of player that I could see gaming this one: high swing speed, very good ball striker, but struggles with too much spin from the driver.

Makes sense to me. "Extremely low spin for the best players" is a tag line more telling than "double black diamond" as far as I'm concerned. I'm just excited to see what makes it different from DBD in total, which I've spent a ton of time with already this year -- And other options out there that are low CG.

I'm also really happy to see them have such a complete lineup... I do agree with those saying I wish they released it in line with the XR release, but I really don't think it's going to be marketed to the type of player that would consider XR 16 anyways.

I love the same and look of the this driver, but it certainly isn't for me.

Well that looks awesome... Interesting changes for sure!

Really cool driver. I need more spin though, so regular XR for me. Looking forward to the feedback from Club Clash though.

hqdefault.jpg

Very cool driver.

Totally not for me, but a very cool driver. I can only imagine nailing one and turning to your group like,
giphy.gif

I'm done, I think.

It certainly doesn't fit me, but pretty cool as a one off offering!

really liking this one! Looking forward to hearing more.

Dying to hit this as well. This seems to be at the very extreme of the type of driver I like. Will be interesting for sure

now that makes me happy.

Love the name and love that the 440cc head has returned for Callaway! I'm already getting very low spin numbers with the regular. Would love to hit it!

sub_zero_mortal_kombat_x_by_ciphergalm1-d8homus.jpg

Approved!

Looking forward to seeing the numbers for this for the folks at Club Clash. Especially in contrast to the LS tec.

Looks fantastic. Love that they brought back the glossy paint job as well. I think this year's XR woods have the best looking badging out of any club I've ever seen. They hit a home run with the looks.

95fe237bfb30aa552cda26ff093b8c77.jpg

Just trying to change the pic in Tapatalk.

Yes please .

I never buy sight unseen but I might have to give this a go. Sounds like exactly what I want.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I could totally see myself pounding this thing 200 right down the middle. Seriously though I love the head shape and gloss black

Kinda crazy that this is Phil's driver and it isn't available to leftys.

Yes please

This definitely won't fit my crappy swing, but looks great!

I really want to get my hands on one of these

Back