Air Force One & PowerBilt Split

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Air Force One equipment, previously under the PowerBilt brand, a licensee of Hillerich & Bradsby. has become a wholly owned entity doing business as Air Force One, based in Palm Desert, CA.

The new Air Force One, a U.S. company based in Palm Desert, CA, will continue to work with Hillerich & Bradsby entering into a licensee agreement with H&B to distribute nitrogen charged technology golf equipment for international markets. The PowerBilt name will not move forward with the new company in the U.S. "Our goal is to focus on getting the word out and to improve our distribution so we can reach our customers interested in trying our patented technology. We have proven technology that all levels of golfers have shown an interest in and we just need to improve on reaching them," said Air Force One President, Ross Kvinge.

Air Force One is a recognizable premium golf equipment brand that is known exclusively to use compressed nitrogen in their product line and holds several patents in the golf sector to market nitrogen products. Compressed nitrogen provides tremendous support to the club face so every golfer can benefit from maximum COR and maximum trampoline effect.

Air Force One will continue to develop and expand their golf product categories, including drivers, fairway woods and premium irons under the new company. These products will include the re-launch of the DFX MOI and DFX Tour driver. New fairway woods, the AIR FOIL will be introduced along with two new irons - AFX Game Improvement and AFX Pro Series. In addition to the extension in equipment, the company will introduce a deluxe cart and stand bag along with a new soft cabretta leaver glove all under the AIR FORCE ONE brand.

"I feel this is a strong move for the Air Force One brand and the Nitrogen Charged Technology. In the past we had a broad range of products from recreational to premium. This confused the consumer as to who we are and what our goals were. We have seen this in the past with the likes of MacGregor, Spalding/Top Flite and even today with Wilson and TaylorMade with the Adams Brand," said Ross Kvinge.

Don't know much about them. I think I need to do some research! Thanks

I've never played their equipment, but the nitrogen charged drivers have intrigued me. Curious to see where this takes them. Also wondering if this will allow Powerbilt to launch their own line of golf equipment? Maybe they can buy the Adams line and go from there?

PowerBuilt I've heard of, Air Force One I don't know anything about. That makes me think of the plane, the movie and the shoes....not golf equipment.

Add me to the never heard of Air Force One other than the plane. Powerbilt it seems has been around a long time, but for some reason it makes me think of a Kmart brand.

Don't know much about them, but anyone else start singing Nelly's Air Force One.

Don't know much about them, but anyone else start singing Nelly's Air Force One.

d@mn you beat me to it! i was thinking of the david caruso csi meme, "it sounds like air force one..." [puts sunglasses on while camera zooms into his face] "got to stompin" YEEEEEEOWWWWWWWWW

I need two pair, give me two pair

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Check out the AFO DFX Black FW. It has 2 speed slots on the bottom for super duper extra high ball speeds!

On a more serious note, the new AFX Pro Series irons don't look too bad & they retail for only $399. It would be cool to see THP get a set & see how they stack up against the big OEM offerings.

Stay tuned for a few days. Irons are on their way from THP HQ to a writer as we speak.

Stay tuned for a few days. Irons are on their way from THP HQ to a writer as we speak.
That's awesome. Love seeing the smaller companies willing to step up & offer their stuff up for comparison with the big boys.

Very interesting concept be looking forward to a write-up!

Cant say i have ever played any of either companies equipment. I have never even heard of air force one.

The Air Force One is a legit club. Concept sounds hokey but they flat out work.

Cant say i have ever played any of either companies equipment. I have never even heard of air force one.
I bought a cheap Powerbilt belly putter several years ago to try out the concept & ended up gaming it for a couple of years. Other than that, I don't have any experience with the company either.

I can't remember if it was the Powerbilt or the Air Force One driver released last year got some good reviews.

I can't remember if it was the Powerbilt or the Air Force One driver released last year got some good reviews.
There is a review or a head to head comparo with the G30 if you do a Google search. Numbers gave nothing away to the G30 and a slight edge on one of them.

I'm familiar with both. Used to play H&B powerbilt irons, and liked the AFO drivers (except for the sound).

H&B will focus on their Louisville Slugger brand versus Powerbilt. Just another name from a now distant era in golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New thread soon.

e7d4995a39f4a0cd40a026ad654ea718.jpg

2ab313229d1ad4c7f2af8b4c725ab881.jpg

dfdd998cc934b4d34bee9181fc1ba79d.jpg

3a26b3473da3367b8688fe6ef92177ba.jpg

Interested to hear your thoughts on those Jman

Oh nice. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Looks better than what I had in mind

Looks better than what I had in mind
Way better. Way.

The badge insert is plain, no frills, but at a 399 price point they dont need to be frilly.

Back