Android Phone Thread

Fi has been amazing so far for me! I'm spending $55/month and that includes insurance and device payment at $28.
Man that is such an awesome deal. I need to look into this some more.

How has the coverage been?

Man that is such an awesome deal. I need to look into this some more.

How has the coverage been?
T-Mobile is great in Utah and I'm mostly on them so I've been fine.

I can't confirm this but I believe Google somehow compresses all data because I only used .3gb last month. I didn't feel like I cut back much, if at all. I still jumped on Tapatalk when I wanted. I checked email if need be. I just didn't turn on any crazy videos if I wasn't on WiFi.

$20 for talk and text and then $10/gb. I'll pay my device off early and only be spending $30 a month for my phone. That's down from $62 with Verizon and I have a far better phone and company to work with IMO.

T-Mobile is great in Utah and I'm mostly on them so I've been fine.

I can't confirm this but I believe Google somehow compresses all data because I only used .3gb last month. I didn't feel like I cut back much, if at all. I still jumped on Tapatalk when I wanted. I checked email if need be. I just didn't turn on any crazy videos if I wasn't on WiFi.

$20 for talk and text and then $10/gb. I'll pay my device off early and only be spending $30 a month for my phone. That's down from $62 with Verizon and I have a far better phone and company to work with IMO.
That's impressive. Glad to hear you are enjoying it. Can't argue with the cost at all. I also figure I am paying for wifi at home and I am either here or at work why not try and cut some costs.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the T-mobile and Sprint service in this area is pretty poor, or I would definitely be considering Project Fi. Pretty much stuck with Verizon if I want to have good service in my area.

Unfortunately, the T-mobile and Sprint service in this area is pretty poor, or I would definitely be considering Project Fi. Pretty much stuck with Verizon if I want to have good service in my area.
Same story here, if they had partnered with AT&T or Verizon I would be much more interested.

Same story here, if they had partnered with AT&T or Verizon I would be much more interested.
AT&T has decent coverage here, but nothing like Verizon. My girlfriend has AT&T and can't receive texts or calls at my house so that counts them out for me.

So apparently my local Verizon store has no plans to get any BB Privs in store. Question now is do I just buy one blind.

So apparently my local Verizon store has no plans to get any BB Privs in store. Question now is do I just buy one blind.
Any other carriers near you getting them? You could check them out in store there

Any other carriers near you getting them? You could check them out in store there

I guess I could have checked with AT&T. Good point. I pulled the trigger and can always use the return policy if I hate it.

I guess I could have checked with AT&T. Good point. I pulled the trigger and can always use the return policy if I hate it.
Very true. Just wondering why the Blackberry with all the options out there now?

Very true. Just wondering why the Blackberry with all the options out there now?
Wanted to stick with Android. I like the BlackBerry hub and the physical keyboard.

Anything to watch out for on the s7 edge before I preorder one?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wanted to stick with Android. I like the BlackBerry hub and the physical keyboard.
Cool. What sort of skin is BB running on their devices now?

I have no idea what that means.
Haha it is a interface that companies put over Android on their devices. For example, Samsung has one called TouchWiz which they put on their phones to give them their own unique look.

My text message program has decided to stop working. So now I am trying new apps. Any recommendations? I have an LG G4 with Verizon.

I use just the basic Messager app from Google. Works well on Android Wear too. Have used Verizon Messages too in the past with no issues.

My text message program has decided to stop working. So now I am trying new apps. Any recommendations? I have an LG G4 with Verizon.
Second the Messenger app from Google

I use Verizon message+. But have used the basic Android messenger. Both with success

Thanks guys! I was using the Verizon Messanger app, and that's the one that stopped working. I downloaded the Google one you are talking about and another one called Go SMS, but I am not sure if GO SMS works with android wear, and it has ads unless I purchase a better version, which will not be happening. So maybe I will stick with the Google one.

Thanks guys! I was using the Verizon Messanger app, and that's the one that stopped working. I downloaded the Google one you are talking about and another one called Go SMS, but I am not sure if GO SMS works with android wear, and it has ads unless I purchase a better version, which will not be happening. So maybe I will stick with the Google one.
Anytime let us know if you have any other questions.

Back