Get Cured Team Match Play - THP Event in NY

I'll be in the rush to sign up too, that's a good weekend for me.

I'm pretty excited about this event. Talking to Captain O'Carroll about it over the weekend, I know he's jazzed up about it as well. We talked Cure Putters, the course, and the competition. Just under a week away from signups!

I'm pretty excited about this event. Talking to Captain O'Carroll about it over the weekend, I know he's jazzed up about it as well. We talked Cure Putters, the course, and the competition. Just under a week away from signups!

Who's your pick for winning captain?

Who's your pick for winning captain?
After watching me play Sunday, I don't know how he doesn't go with..................................................................Gregg

Haha wrong answer, both of them because they both get cured! :alien:

still hoping to work out swaps at work to make this one happen!!!!

What putter would you choose if picked Mike?
I'm not Mike, but I'd like to update my choice of putter to the CX2 in black. That makes 3 of the 4 potential combinations that I've picked--which means on the day of the event, I'll end up with the 4th (CX1 in Platinum).

I'm not Mike, but I'd like to update my choice of putter to the CX2 in black. That makes 3 of the 4 potential combinations that I've picked--which means on the day of the event, I'll end up with the 4th (CX1 in Platinum).

And then probably purchase the other 3 at a later date.

Lets see. Two rounds of team golf with four different formats, on a course that the NYSGA deemed worthy enough to hold an Amateur Series Event at this summer, putting it on a short list with the best courses (public AND private) in New York State and on top of that, HALF of the participants will get a Hall of Fame tag.

Oh, and then we get instruction and education and fitting for a new Cure putter by the people who make the thing....ALL of that for a cost of LESS than if we simply just went to their website and ordered a putter.

You're GOD D@MN right I'm jazzed up for this one!

I'll be holding a press conference on May 16th to let you know.
I think the answer to that will be you since on the 16th you just gained two guys on RR team who have had their putting Cured!

Im really pumped up for this event and getting a Cure putter in my hands and learning directly from the source!!

Then add a little friendly competition for a HOF tag on top of that at an amazing course, it just cant be beat!

Oh and my putter choice is platinum, thats all I can decide for now.

talk about two great choices to be named captain

Lets see. Two rounds of team golf with four different formats, on a course that the NYSGA deemed worthy enough to hold an Amateur Series Event at this summer, putting it on a short list with the best courses (public AND private) in New York State and on top of that, HALF of the participants will get a Hall of Fame tag.

Oh, and then we get instruction and education and fitting for a new Cure putter by the people who make the thing....ALL of that for a cost of LESS than if we simply just went to their website and ordered a putter.

You're GOD D@MN right I'm jazzed up for this one!

If that doesn't get people excited not sure what will. Im ready for next week

2 HOF tags in 2 months has a nice ring to it, don't you think @OITW? ?

Not going to lie - the CX series has my interest whereas the first series did not. I love the idea of improving stability throughout the stroke, not just at impact.

So, I'm doing some more reading on the CX series from CURE. Pretty typical of me to look at any available information. Found an interview on another site (very informative), but that had me thinking... The CURE folks are going to be at this event, educating THPers about putting and the CX models, answering questions, and then competing with THPers, on the course. I enjoy getting information, but I love getting information directly from the source, and this event will be another opportunity for 14 THPers to do just that.

Yep, I'm back to checking flights/costs into NY, again. Oh, and I'm still in favor of the black CX1, though it wouldn't take much for me to flip to the CX2. I think.

Yep, I'm back to checking flights/costs into NY, again. Oh, and I'm still in favor of the black CX1, though it wouldn't take much for me to flip to the CX2. I think.

I do this just about every day. We have service in Pensacola via American, Delta, Southwest and United. Each has only 1 or two destinations. For instance, Delta only goes to Atlanta, Southwest only to Houston and Nashville, etc. When I search Cheapo Air Flights, I get a lot of 2 and 3 stop flights that take all day, and fares are outrageous. Such is the lot of those living near small market airports. I keep looking for a one-stop through Atlanta to a decent size city in New York even if it means driving 2-3 hours on the that end. It can get pretty frustrating. But, in the end, for such an event, it's worth trying.

I do this just about every day. We have service in Pensacola via American, Delta, Southwest and United. Each has only 1 or two destinations. For instance, Delta only goes to Atlanta, Southwest only to Houston and Nashville, etc. When I search Cheapo Air Flights, I get a lot of 2 and 3 stop flights that take all day, and fares are outrageous. Such is the lot of those living near small market airports. I keep looking for a one-stop through Atlanta to a decent size city in New York even if it means driving 2-3 hours on the that end. It can get pretty frustrating. But, in the end, for such an event, it's worth trying.
Ken my advice if you are willing to take a car ride is sign up and if you get in try to get together with someone coming from a bigger city/airport to carpool to the event with. I think that will give you a lot more options.

Damn I want to be able to give this one a go. Just can't find a way to make it work.

Philadelphia and Newark are also about 3 hours, maybe a little over.

Binghamton airport connects a lot through Dulles and Cleveland.

Gotta play catch up here, but I am definitely looking forward to entering this! The Cure guys are great and I have really grown to love my RX3 putter from last year. I would love to add one of these new bad boys to the bag!

Back