Spring Is In The Air!!

DataDude

I Hate LIV
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
It's that time of year. The Final Four is next weekend, the Masters is the following week. In the South the golfing weather is perfect, in the middle we are getting glimpses of spring, and up north things are starting to thaw. That all means that the 2019 golf season is ramping up and getting ready to take off. We're all excited about our newest pieces of equipment, the hope of more putts going in, and more drives landing in the short grass.

I love this time of year!!! What is your favorite part of spring as it relates to golf?

No “cart path only” and no waiting on frost to thaw. For the most part anyway.

I’d share your enthusiasm if I didn’t just wake up to a snowy paradise here in NC Ohio. Bleck!!

My favorite part is the transformation from a dead and brown golf to a vibrant green one. It seems like it happens in less than a week.

I thought spring was coming but the high is 35 today... so ready for it.

I love everything about Spring. The flowers, azaleas, dogwoods, red buds, and other things blooming in beautiful color, and the grass turning green, being able to play with only 1 layer, that extra hour of daylight, warm weather in a college town and crawfish season.

We finally crawled out of winter in Massachusetts, however, weather is going to dip again in the coming week. Private school golf season is upon us, my squad looks pretty good, and we are back to playing daily. Spring is here!!!

I love spring for the perfect afternoons and evenings. The pristine weather where no matter what I wear, too reason, I'll be comfortable.

For golf I love the fact the courses start drying out and the flowers are in bloom. Seeing Azaleas in bloom makes me know the Masters is just around the corner.

Longer days - seeing the course green up - pretty fun and special time getting golf season into full swing

I love working in the spring because the snow is gone and the thunderstorms haven’t arrived. It’s an easy time of year with little stress.

As for golf, I love spring because I actually get to play! Heading out for my first round this afternoon. Golf season has begun.

I like seeing the zoysia come out of dormancy and greening up. When the greens start getting mowed, its golf time.

It a mixed bag for me. I love the warm sunshine, longer days and the blooming trees but I’ll miss the empty fairways and fast rounds of the last couple of months.

I'll let you know when it gets here. :at-wits-end:

Prove the north is starting to thaw. I see white stuff outside.

I've played more golf this winter then any winter in 20 years. Spring is near and my golf game is on the upswing; pun intended.

We finally crawled out of winter in Massachusetts, however, weather is going to dip again in the coming week. Private school golf season is upon us, my squad looks pretty good, and we are back to playing daily. Spring is here!!!

Off ass here and done feeling sorry for self. If you’re in season there, you’ll have mail shortly. Sorry for the delay. Was waiting on this years ball shipment at this point, but now you’ll just have to settle for some lying around.

Good luck this year and keep up the good work!

I am as of today grudgingly willing to admit spring may be here. I reserve the right to recant this if it snows again.

My favorite part of spring is the first round of the year. Feeling like a little kid on Christmas and spending time with your golf buddies!

That first time I do a REALLY good cleeaning of my entire bag. I am usually pretty good at making sure the clubheads are clean after each shot, since I usually go to the range between rounds often, but that first time of getting the bucket of soap and water, and really just doing a very through cleaning on my deck is fun.

I love when you can feel the warmth in the breeze. Throw in the trees starting to bud and grass turning green and it is an instant mood changer.

I think it might actually ALMOST be here in NE Ohio. It's giving it the ol college try at least.

Just the warm air but feeling the sun on your face... Summer is just too hot sometimes to this time of year is ideal

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Blue skies, fresh cut grass, birds chirpin.

My favorite part of spring is the first round of the year. Feeling like a little kid on Christmas and spending time with your golf buddies!

I am the same way. It's the one thing I still have the same level of excitement for that I did as a kid.

This. Plus the fact that a 45 degree round in April feels a LOT warmer than a 45 degree round in October.

Back