Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was out yesterday with my FIL at Braemar CC, def. in a lot better shape than I though it would be in (really bad drainage there). Lot of temporary tee boxes tho and I couldn't hit a par 3 green to save my life. However I played OK for my first round of the season, 53/50 and boy was it windy/cold. I even got some wind burn on the face!

hey guys!

I know I have talked to a few guys already about this, but I am looking at making a trip down south and hopefully play golf with you guys in two weeks.

so my plan was, if the weather looks good enough, to come down on Easter weekend and play firday and/or saturday (and would be better than or of course!) somewhere between Syracuse and Buffalo.

who's in?
any course suggestion?

I am also open to any suggestions for cheap hotels

who's in?
any course suggestion?

I'm in Marty! A bunch of courses are open around the Rochester area weather permitting, I know around Andy there are a few courses open as well.

hey guys!

I know I have talked to a few guys already about this, but I am looking at making a trip down south and hopefully play golf with you guys in two weeks.

so my plan was, if the weather looks good enough, to come down on Easter weekend and play firday and/or saturday (and would be better than or of course!) somewhere between Syracuse and Buffalo.

who's in?
any course suggestion?

You know I'm in. Figure out where you're staying and we'll go from there. Hoping some of the nicer courses are open by then.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'm in Marty! A bunch of courses are open around the Rochester area weather permitting, I know around Andy there are a few courses open as well.

awesome, I will need to go try a few microbreweries while I am in the area, I trust you for that, what are the best ones in the area?

You know I'm in. Figure out where you're staying and we'll go from there. Hoping some of the nicer courses are open by then.

great, I Was thinking on staying somewhere in the Rochester area, but I dont mind going out and play in your area at all. I quite liked Glen Oak last year, but is it me or there was a LOT of sand?

awesome, I will need to go try a few microbreweries while I am in the area, I trust you for that, what are the best ones in the area?
I'll map out a few, there are an abundance around Rochester! Are you bringing your buddy as well? I might take off all of Friday if you wanna hang :0)

great, I Was thinking on staying somewhere in the Rochester area, but I dont mind going out and play in your area at all. I quite liked Glen Oak last year, but is it me or there was a LOT of sand?
Lol, it was definitely you :)

Got some other ones out this way.
Look up:
Arrowhead
Links at Ivy Ridge
Seneca Hickory Stick
Harvest Hill
Let me know if any of those look good.

I'll map out a few, there are an abundance around Rochester! Are you bringing your buddy as well? I might take off all of Friday if you wanna hang :0)

my buddy probably wont come. I'd love to hang with you again! I'm still debating if I'm driving down thursday night or early friday morning.

Lol, it was definitely you :)

Got some other ones out this way.
Look up:
Arrowhead
Links at Ivy Ridge
Seneca Hickory Stick
Harvest Hill
Let me know if any of those look good.

any course would do for me honestly, I'd pick the course that brings the most people in to play, its more about seeing you guys than the golf ;)

...I might take off all of Friday if you wanna hang :0)

I'd love to hang with you again! I'm still debating if I'm driving down thursday night or early friday morning.
any course would do for me honestly, I'd pick the course that brings the most people in to play, its more about seeing you guys than the golf ;)

I will definitely take that Friday off as well. We'll find some nice courses to play for sure.

Im already off that Friday so I should be in no matter where we play

Im already off that Friday so I should be in no matter where we play

Great! I could use I round with you before the Cure event, wether I play with or against you :alien:

There is a 50-50 chance that I'll be headed out of town with family for Easter weekend. If I don't, count me in for Saturday.

Sounds like the makings of an outing for Friday, March 25th or Saturday, March 26th. Who's in, which day (or both) and where should we play?
So far:
mplefty
greggdrews
moosejaa
choppstixxx
o'carroll (maybe)

I'm in for both days for sure

Played today. It was colder, wetter, and WINDIER than I had hoped. Still feels great to be outdoors in MARCH.

I'm from right outside of Albany originally, what courses are open? I know its been warm, probably Stadium?

I'm from right outside of Albany originally, what courses are open? I know its been warm, probably Stadium?

believe it or not, Stadium wasn't the first opened, but they did open on Friday. Eagle Crest, Fairways of Halfmoon, Kingswood are all open. Orchard Creek opens this week, State Park is a possibility as well.

Sounds like the makings of an outing for Friday, March 25th or Saturday, March 26th. Who's in, which day (or both) and where should we play?
So far:
mplefty
greggdrews
moosejaa
choppstixxx
o'carroll (maybe)

Count me as a maybe for now.

So far:
mplefty
greggdrews
moosejaa
choppstixxx
o'carroll (maybe)
I'm definitely out for Friday. That's the day I go for the nerve test with my arm (don't ask).

I think the course yesterday opened this weekend more for the money grab of the nice weekend, than actually being ready for play. There were a few holes that were still really wet.

Then again, that course (Fairways of Halfmoon) fights conditions all summer long anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Got out to Arrowhead today with a friend. Damp ground, but surprisingly playable.

Got out to Arrowhead today with a friend. Damp ground, but surprisingly playable.
Nice! Didn't know they had opened yet. How'd ya hit em? Were they letting carts out?

Nice! Didn't know they had opened yet. How'd ya hit em? Were they letting carts out?

Yeah it was cart path only, and they were only letting groups out up until 1 (we were the last group). I still have a good amount of winter rust to shake off, but shot a birdie less 78. If my putting was on, it could easily have been even though. Got some work to do, but given the wind and the cold, I can't complain about how I played.

Yeah it was cart path only, and they were only letting groups out up until 1 (we were the last group). I still have a good amount of winter rust to shake off, but shot a birdie less 78. If my putting was on, it could easily have been even though. Got some work to do, but given the wind and the cold, I can't complain about how I played.
78 is solid. I'm sure you're gonna have a good year. You still playing for your school? You'll have to make sure to post your tournament results.

I see no reason I won't play that Friday, Sat is probably less likely but won't know until it's closer.

78 is solid. I'm sure you're gonna have a good year. You still playing for your school? You'll have to make sure to post your tournament results.

Thanks. School season was in the fall, but doing some WNY Junior PGA stuff and maybe some NYSGA or AJGA's if I'm able to consistently get in the low 70's, high 60's later this season.

I'm working the 26th, and have an electrician coming on the 25th that weekend is tough for me, but already the makings of a good group!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back