Need a new 3 wood. Ping G410 or Titleist TS2?

crazygolfnut

Let's have fun out there!
Reaction score
Handicap
I am starting my search for a new 3 wood and will be focusing on the Ping G410 and Titleist TS2. I have not had a chance to hit either one. I usually hit my last 3 wood (G30, reg shaft) around 200 to 210. Wondering if anyone has compared the two? Thanks in advance.

Haven't compared the two but I have the TS2 and it's the easiest 3 wood I've ever been able to elevate off the ground. Huge fan of the TS2 personally.

I know it’s not one of your two listed but I think you should at least consider the Epic Flash. It is a very good 3W.

I would say the G410 is going to be a very similar profile to the G30 with improved performance. I find that Ping has by far the shallower face and flattest sole of any manufacturer which really works for some folks and if you are one of those folks you're probably going to end up back with Ping again. If it isn't working for you, then you may want to look at fairway woods with deeper more oval shaped faces. Just depends on what you want and what works for you. Fairway woods are really a personal thing and if you find one you love you can keep it for 5-10 years.

Haven't compared the two but I have the TS2 and it's the easiest 3 wood I've ever been able to elevate off the ground. Huge fan of the TS2 personally.

Completely agree with this. TS2 is a rocket launcher. I could get the ball up faster and higher than any 3 wood I have ever owned. Carry is the best I have seen. Head is just solid. Best club Titleist has produced in years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both of these are fantastic clubs but have a few varying features for different players/swings. While I personally prefer the TS2, getting fitted and seeing actual numbers for your swing is your best bet. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the G400 SFT with a Fujukura Pro shaft. First 3W I had in over 20 years that I was confidant in. I hit this with my eyes closed, and know right where it is going.

I haven't hit either one of these. Do not overlook Srixon Fairway woods, they are amazing, easy to launch, go high and far. Only difference might be is that they are fixed hosels.

I second this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ by far the best 3 wood Titleist has produced in quite some time. I love it off the deck & especially off the tee on short par 4's

I second this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ by far the best 3 wood Titleist has produced in quite some time. I love it off the deck & especially off the tee on short par 4's

I third this (if that's a thing). I have not tried the Ping (and for full disclosure generally do not play Ping), but the results for the TS2 were 10 yards further than my Rogue (Jailbreak) and more consistent. Both had the same shaft. Can't wait to game this in another two weeks.

Just thought I'd pass this on which was posted in 5 wood thread the other day...

Credit to dthrog00 for originally linking the video.

I've moved to the Cobre F8 3 wood @ the 14.5* D setting, bought the F8 4 hybrid @ 22* too. Both have the parallel rails on the sole. Most well pleased with both. Give the Cobra F8 3 wood a test too.

I'd look at a club that's a year old... Maybe the G400. Great technology and a great discount price wise can be had.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back