Embroidering Name on Bag

Par5zN2

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My friend shows up at the course last weekend with a new gift from his wife, a new bag with his name embroidered on the bottom pocket. I thought it looked fantastic and it turns out it was inexpensive; he said it cost less that $15 to have it done. Since I recently purchased a new bag I, too, am thinking about having my name embroidered on it.

Has anyone here done this? If I have it done, I'm not sure what font I'd use. If you've done this, post pics, help me decide.

Embroidering Name on Bag

I feel like if you did something simple - it could work. But only if you are a stick. I’m not rolling up to a bag stand to claim my embroidered bag after dropping a 94 on Muni...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol.....$15 is not what I’d be charged.
“Paul Korfmacher” ....good luck fitting that on a bag pocket .

I would. I would have to go with Hogey instead of David Hogerheide!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

It makes sense that the cost would be determined my the number of letters, I didn't think of that.

I usually play under an assumed name, so . . .

I did this with my 2015 Grandaddy bag recently. Cost was under $30 and i love the way it turned out

a7ca05f113fe14c25a000d4fb5d6f7bc.jpg

I did this with my 2015 Grandaddy bag recently. Cost was under $30 and i love the way it turned out

That looks fantastic! I was going to do the same to my 2017 Morgan Cup bag even though it's retired.

I feel like if you did something simple - it could work. But only if you are a stick. I’m not rolling up to a bag stand to claim my embroidered bag after dropping a 94 on Muni...

Lol, I agree. I might have my forum name here put on it, just as a I do with my yearly order of personalized balls. But no way I’m 3 putting 8 times with my real name on my bag.

I’d have to add a roll of duck tape to cover it for those rounds that I can’t find my ass with both hands. I usually know by the 4th hole, lol. Then I’d have to come up with a reason for the duck tape. “Uhhh, my bag ripped and I didn’t want to lose my tees (and my dignity)” :)

And.... you are going back sir! But there’s also 5 million Mike K’s out there. Plausible deniability:)

I feel the same way. If you aren’t on a HS/College golf team or a scratch player, you might as well wear golf knickers to go with the embroidered bag.

For some it isn’t about being a great golfer or for vanity. In my case it’s paying respect to an event that means more than the final score after 18 holes.

Lmao at embroidery being only for skilled players.

Do what makes you happy. The stigmas and stereotypes about things like this in the game are so silly to me.

If someone likes it, then that’s what they should do, and no one else should care.

Lmao at embroidery being only for skilled players.

Do what makes you happy. The stigmas and stereotypes about things like this in the game are so silly to me.

If someone likes it, then that’s what they should do, and no one else should care.

In that case, those that like it shouldn’t care that there are some who don’t.

It’s like a visor or fanny pack. I’m not going to give someone a hard time for wearing them, but I’m still going to think they look foolish.

To be fair, Jim didn’t ask for opinions. But he didn’t ask for people to withhold opinions either.

In that case, those that like it shouldn’t care that there are some who don’t.

It’s like a visor or fanny pack. I’m not going to give someone a hard time for wearing them, but I’m still going to think they look foolish.

To be fair, Jim didn’t ask for opinions. But he didn’t ask for people to withhold options either.

To be more fair, like you’re entirely entitled to this opinion, I too am entitled to mine.

Fancy that?

I’m gun shy about getting my name on my bag but I know a few guys with it. I think the real reason I don’t do it is that I change things too quickly.

I think I want to do it once but only after I get to a certain point in confidence in my game. Needless to say, I’m not there yet.

In short - do what makes you happy and go all the way.

I’m gun shy about getting my name on my bag but I know a few guys with it. I think the real reason I don’t do it is that I change things too quickly.

I think I want to do it once but only after I get to a certain point in confidence in my game. Needless to say, I’m not there yet.

Hahahaha, the changing things too much is right in my wheelhouse of reasoning.

I think we need some Staff embroidered stand bags with names on them, like bosses. Lmao

Hahahaha, the changing things too much is right in my wheelhouse of reasoning.

I think we need some Staff embroidered stand bags with names on them, like bosses. Lmao

Can I be an assistant to the boss? I don’t think I can pull off being a boss yet.

Good news is your new bag has a pretty sweet logo on there

Good news is your new bag has a pretty sweet logo on there

Darn straight it does. It came out great (and thankfully no room for my name)

I didn’t realize it could be done for that cheap. Pondering putting some type of embroidery on my bag now.

I feel the same way. If you aren’t on a HS/College golf team or a scratch player, you might as well wear golf knickers to go with the embroidered bag.

What’s wrong with knickers? Looks like I have to get my bag embroidered now. Should go along pretty well with my iron covers.

Last edited:

This is definitely me. Much less with bags but I always gotta respect that I have impulses.

I recently ordered a Vessel stand bag with custom embroidery, after hashing out the logo, they asked if I'd also want my name added.

My thought wasn't anything other than, "odds of selling that bag with my name on it? Slim to none. Odds without? Darn good."

I picked a logo that should be received positively by most people, as to symbolism, style/preference are of course something else. A name would surely make it mine.

Forever.

I have committment issues.

Both of my Ogio bags have my name. I am not a very good golfer, and no one has said anything negative to me about it. In fact, I have only really received positive comments on how neat it looked.

That said, I do not think I would do it again. not because I do not like it, but because it becomes your bag for the rest of time. If I give it away, then someone has my name on their bag. I suppose I can try to remove it, but at that point its probably easier to just scrap the bag. I have moved to having my towels embroidered. It accomplishes a similar purpose and is less of a lifetime commitment.

FWIW, my mother in law does all the embroidery at no cost to me, so I have anything and everything done when the mood strikes me.

Not sure I would want my name on my bag. In case I want to sell it someday I cant.

Back