The Jordan Spieth Thread

After watching the part 1 on Feherty last night, holy cow this guy is wise/mature beyond his years, seems like he's got his head screwed on tight and will be a top this game for quite some time. And seems like such a nice person, easy to root for!

Agreed, I am very excited for part 2! Impossible not to like Jordan (unless "impossible not to like" is something you don't like... :alien: )

Agreed, I am very excited for part 2! Impossible not to like Jordan (unless "impossible not to like" is something you don't like... :alien: )

He's from Texas (haven't you heard :D) so plenty of things not to like about him. :D

He's from Texas (haven't you heard :D) so plenty of things not to like about him. :D

We won't hold that against him :laughing:

He'll be fine after he gets over trying to play to other people's expectations and goes back to what he can do. It must he hard to be that good and listen to all the so called experts about how he is not as long as Rory and he needs to be longer to win consistently. He did pretty good last year just playing his game! Seems like a great young man and I wish him nothing but the best!

Jordan doesn't need to hear or think about hitting it longer than Rory or anyone else. He needs to be Jordan Spieth and not try to make it happen, just let it happen. It's a tough crowd you're in Jordan, lots of young, fit, mentally tough and full of confidence players. You did ok with your tee ball distance last year, just go to work with Griller and get after it.

i think this year is going to be a pullback year for jordan. He had such a good year last year and that is going to be hard to get close to. i dont think he wins a major this year maybe 1-2 more wins this year.

I remember reading an article a few months back that said he (Spieth) wanted to work on hitting the ball longer. I thought to myself then he would be in for a bad year. I think that's what's happening. Some of those bad shots he's been making are caused by a bit too much oomph to get more distance, but it'll throw his timing off.

That said, I predict he will win a major this year because he's smart enough and stable enough to figure it out and go back to playing his incredibly gifted game.

Later,

John

He is actually a few yards longer, with a few more hit fairways and average club head speed down maybe 1 mile per hour. His misses off the tee are also smaller this year.

All his issues are on 2nd shots and scrambling, especially out of the sand. He is down on proximity from fairway and rough, which shows in his GIR putting pressure on everything else.

2nd episode tonight, can't wait to watch!

2nd episode tonight, can't wait to watch!
Agree, that was one of the better ones. Hopefully they go out on the course for part of the interview this episode.

Heard on TV this am that last weeks Feherty/Spieth show was the highest rated/viewed show of the 5 or 6 year life.

I just am amazed at how mature the thoughtful Jordan Spieth is at 22 years of age. Great Family upbringing and values.

This is not the picture that was painted in the media yesterday. he repsonded to a troll in twitter and talking heads made more out of it then need be.
Heard on TV this am that last weeks Feherty/Spieth show was the highest rated/viewed show of the 5 or 6 year life.

I just am amazed at how mature the thoughtful Jordan Spieth is at 22 years of age. Great Family upbringing and values.

This is not the picture that was painted in the media yesterday. he repsonded to a troll in twitter and talking heads made more out of it then need be.
We also know the media like gold channel and the likes are full of **** though 99% of the time.

We also know the media like gold channel and the likes are full of **** though 99% of the time.

You know that's right

A lot of the media seem to prefer trying to create some drama over simply reporting what's going on in the sport they are covering. Almost like they'd rather be producing a reality tv show, rather than a sports news show.

A lot of the media seem to prefer trying to create some drama over simply reporting what's going on in the sport they are covering. Almost like they'd rather be producing a reality tv show, rather than a sports news show.

Reality TV rules the airwaves and get ratings. So I'm not surprised but I seem to get more peeved when it's about sports figures. It's like they were waiting for him to do something questionable. It also seems to be magnified because he is struggling a bit.

The 2nd part was just as good as the first, can't wait to keep following him along his journey!

Reality TV rules the airwaves and get ratings. So I'm not surprised but I seem to get more peeved when it's about sports figures. It's like they were waiting for him to do something questionable. It also seems to be magnified because he is struggling a bit.

I'm unsurprised as well. I thought he handled the questions about it well. Admitted that he could have responded better, but didn't try to shift blame, explained that he was annoyed and should have behaved better. Overall he seems to be a pretty solid guy, and understands his responsibility as a role model (whether or not he wants to be)

too funny, love having his caddie in it!

too funny, love having his caddie in it!

A buddy just texted that tweet to me. That's good stuff!

I'm unsurprised as well. I thought he handled the questions about it well. Admitted that he could have responded better, but didn't try to shift blame, explained that he was annoyed and should have behaved better. Overall he seems to be a pretty solid guy, and understands his responsibility as a role model (whether or not he wants to be)

When we find a perfect person in the world I'll be disappointed but until such time I'll let guys like JS handle his business.

When we find a perfect person in the world I'll be disappointed but until such time I'll let guys like JS handle his business.

Very much my take. I say disappointed in the media, not Jordan FWIW. I think he's a solid grounded kid and not a bad role model, for a "star" I'd rather see kids emulate someone in their life, a Parent, family friend etc. but kids tend to look up to athletes and the like. I think Jordan has a good grasp of that, and understands the responsibility thrust on him as a world class athlete. People are not always perfect, the media love to highlight sh!t like that, it's good for ratings. Jordan handled it very well I thought, he certainly increased my opinion of him with his responses to the questioning.

Hell, I'd have told them to **** right off, and smiled while I did It.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Masters scripting is already out:

CeKaj-DW8AEbBjA.jpg:large

Back