Mission Declassified

Galen Marek

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone else watching? I love historical mysteries and they tackled one of my all time favorite mysteries the 1962 Alcatraz escape. I was 70/30 they made it after the History Channel special which revealed the photograph supposedly showing the brothers in 1975 Brazil. Now I'm all in after the first episode of Mission Declassified.

Spoilers below:

I am all in cause of the idea that a childhood friend of the escaped brothers took a picture of two men in Brazil who facial recognition experts say are very likely the brothers who also happen to be in Brazil which had been reported to the FBI numerous times and it was determined it was a farm known as the "Farm of the Americans in the late sixties and seventies. Too many coincidences to be a hoax in my opinion. I think it's pretty cool that the FBI/US Marshall offices haven't deemed it important enough to actually send men to Brazil and this investigative reporter found the actual farm. I just hope to still be around when this mystery gets solved completely.

End spoilers:

Tonight's episode is about another classic mystery: DB Cooper. I'm of the opinion it was "copycat" Richard McCoy and it seems this episode has him in the crosshairs. Can't wait.

BTW if you've never been to Alcatraz before I can't recommend it highly enough. It could be the most amazing place I've ever visited.

Thanks, I had not heard about this show. I just set it to record the series and they are replaying the Alcatraz episode today at 1pm pacific time. The DB Cooper story is especially big here in the NW.

This sounds like my kinda show I set up my dvr thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love these kind of shows! I'm going to find it, and record it. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Gonna check this out. Thanks for the heads up.

Where can we watch it?

The DB Cooper story definitely interests me, I will check it out.

Gonna check it our for sure! Thanks for the head's up.

I set my DVR to record this ASAP, I'm happy to say that there was an episode on this afternoon that got recorded, the Alcatraz episode, I am about halfway through it right now, it's very interesting!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

After watching the DB Cooper episode it seems completely obvious Mccoy did it. But so obvious that I think there has to be more to it. Time for research I guess.

It seems they dismissed him too quickly based on his wife's alibi who had plenty of reason to lie. Turns out she was involved in the planning and threatened to take the kids away due to his financial struggles.

The Lindbergh episode was a bit of a disappointment.

Unfortunately The History Channel has put out some garbage documentaries on DB Cooper and Amelia Earhart recently. However this episode of Brad Meltzer's Decoded is pretty good.

https://www.history.com/shows/brad-meltzers-decoded/season-1/episode-6

View attachment 38480

this might be the most accurate representation of the "history" channel I have ever seen. My major was history, I was that guy who read history books for fun. In one noted incident in my college years, I wrote a 5 page paper on Temujin with 20 pages of bibliography. So I settled in to watch a couple shows they advertised I was excited about. Both were so rife with errors a third grader would catch I could not believe my eyes. And if they were that far off on stuff I knew, there was about zero chance I would trust them on stuff I was trying to learn. They have seen the banstick for years.

I love history. Accurate history. Not a big fan of erroneous history, politically infused slanted history, or really any other agenda. History as it happened is interesting enough, no need to screw it up with bias and agenda.

Back