2 Ball vs #7 O-Works

CajunMan

Reaction score
Handicap
10.9 USGA
I have been using an Odyssey 2 Ball center shaft original putter font 2 years now and doing ok with it but I really like the looks of the Odyssey #7 O-Works red putter. I putt SBST. Is there any advantage of the #7 over the old 2 Ball? I know my 2 Ball has the White Hot insert and the #7 uses the microhinge insert. Are the 3 dot and 2 line system easier to align the putt than the 2 Ball? Any advice from someone who has putted both would be much appreciated. Thanks, Tim

I have used them both. I looked the 2 ball better for me with the alignment and forgiveness. I had the 2 ball first, then I bought the 7s. I still have my 2 ball that I practice with and traded the 7 in.

I have the 2ball in an old white hot model and recently added the microhenge version. I test the 7 and 7 tank. In the end on limited information indoor putting matts I stayed with the 2ball. In all of that, what I realized for me is fitment is far more important then version. my whitehot is the best putter I've owned. I bought used and never realized why. the answer is it is 34 inches. I ended up with 33 when I bought new. I'm 6'1.

Do this test. Go onto a hard floor like tile or concrete. Set the putter down where toe and heel are on ground. Now figure out how to setup without changing that angle. Guys all hunched over with 35 inch standard lie putters must have toe off ground. I think pro's have custom lie angles.

I have used them both. I looked the 2 ball better for me with the alignment and forgiveness. I had the 2 ball first, then I bought the 7s. I still have my 2 ball that I practice with and traded the 7 in.

+1
e.png

I have been using an Odyssey 2 Ball center shaft original putter font 2 years now and doing ok with it but I really like the looks of the Odyssey #7 O-Works red putter. I putt SBST. Is there any advantage of the #7 over the old 2 Ball? I know my 2 Ball has the White Hot insert and the #7 uses the microhinge insert. Are the 3 dot and 2 line system easier to align the putt than the 2 Ball? Any advice from someone who has putted both would be much appreciated. Thanks, Tim

I have a White Hot RX 2-Ball (non center-shafted) and then upgraded to a red 7s O-Works with the micro-hinge insert. A few observations:

- I really like the micro-hinge insert. It really starts the ball off right and feels great. The white hot RX insert was fine, but didn't wow me or anything. I haven't used a standard white-hot insert for years, can't really remember what it fees like.

- I like the 3-dot alignment aid on the 7s over the 2-ball, but I think that is mostly because I often use a line/alignment aid on my ball and I like to line it up with the putter's alignment aid. Its much easier to do with the 7s. However, the 2-ball works well, and maybe even better than the 7s, if you are not using a line on the ball.

Back