Bridgestone J15 Cavity Back Irons

We couldn't tell by your WITB :act-up: hehehe

It totally performs awesome though. I could game a whole bag of Bridgestone no problem - hell I'm already more than halfway there!

funny thing is it's all been organic. I haven't actively sought out the equipment. I read almost every thp review in the sectors that interest me, and every time Bridgestone has gotten my dollars. the jgr fairway wood might happen this year too. but those putters?! smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These bad boys and the new 2016 B330 helped me shoot my PB today! Now to shave some more off #neversatisfied
65dac79788c97a4deaba26a9b867f743.jpg

congrats Doug! With you and Kang scoring both of your pb's in he last few weeks, you guys will be giving hox and I plenty of bumps this summer!

i have 27 holes outside this week with the j15 cbs and I am really enjoying them. Love the profile at address and the amount of forgiveness they employ in such a beautiful profile. These have bailed me out a few times already on poor swings

Bridgestone J15 Cavity Back Irons

How do these compare on heel/toe forgiveness to the Cobra Fly-Z+ Forged irons?

Off the top of my head I don't know when compared to the FLy-Z but compared to the King Cobra Forged Tec that I have they have a noticeably larger toe and sole width. More meat on the bone for those toe shot misses.

Digging all the love these are getting recently! With my back issues right now I'm giving lighter more distance oriented irons a go for the time being, but I had these at the range the other day and they are just so good.

I'd honestly say they're fairly comparable. I'd have to see hard flightscope data to tell a difference between the two.

Can't speak to the heel as I'm out on the toe too often. No real word experience either, but simulator they are less forgiving towards the toe to the Z+. Plenty of forgiveness for a club of it's style mind you.

congrats Doug! With you and Kang scoring both of your pb's in he last few weeks, you guys will be giving hox and I plenty of bumps this summer!

i have 27 holes outside this week with the j15 cbs and I am really enjoying them. Love the profile at address and the amount of forgiveness they employ in such a beautiful profile. These have bailed me out a few times already on poor swings

See...and you thought I was crazy.
Haha...no pops for you...it's just a fluke!

My numbers with the J15 CBs are about as good as I could possibly ask for (in terms of my own expectations). With a pretty neutral wind I flagged a 187 pin with a 6 iron, which is exactly where I want to be this year. Flying 145 flags with 9 irons with ease, and pretty much every progression I could ask for. I hit some shots today and Monday that were as flush as I've hit a smaller profile iron in at least a few months, and the feeling was downright intoxicating.

My only complaint right now is in the PW. For whatever reason, it's just not gelling with my swing right now. Maybe I'll have the loft/lie checked out soon, but I find it very strange. It's probably a confidence thing, but it needs to get fixed in a hurry. I can't be more confident with a 5 iron than i am with a PW. That's silly.

My numbers with the J15 CBs are about as good as I could possibly ask for (in terms of my own expectations). With a pretty neutral wind I flagged a 187 pin with a 6 iron, which is exactly where I want to be this year. Flying 145 flags with 9 irons with ease, and pretty much every progression I could ask for. I hit some shots today and Monday that were as flush as I've hit a smaller profile iron in at least a few months, and the feeling was downright intoxicating.

My only complaint right now is in the PW. For whatever reason, it's just not gelling with my swing right now. Maybe I'll have the loft/lie checked out soon, but I find it very strange. It's probably a confidence thing, but it needs to get fixed in a hurry. I can't be more confident with a 5 iron than i am with a PW. That's silly.
Good idea to get it...and the rest checked if you haven't for a while. Especially if you've been on mats hitting. Found some variance when I did it last and reminds me I need to do it again soon. L/L were off on a few after last season. Thanks for the reminder.

Took my set and UT'S in to get L/L checked and everything was spot on.

Thought for sure it has been the clubs fault all along...ha

these are back in the bag now. just too pretty not to play. also the most consistent irons I've ever played and I have so much confidence with them.

These are an iron that I really keep thinking about and have that strong hawkponder for them.

I feel like I should hit these

I used a 6 iron of the J15CB to warm-up for my fitting yesterday and it took me four swings to fall in love with them!!! Talk about STRAIGHT!!! Goodness! I looked down at them TWICE to make sure I was hitting what I thought I was!!! 189, 191, 193, 189 6 iron shots?!?!? Really? Wow. The feel, flight, and dispersion were literally jaw-dropping! These are awesome sticks!

I used a 6 iron of the J15CB to warm-up for my fitting yesterday and it took me four swings to fall in love with them!!! Talk about STRAIGHT!!! Goodness! I looked down at them TWICE to make sure I was hitting what I thought I was!!! 189, 191, 193, 189 6 iron shots?!?!? Really? Wow. The feel, flight, and dispersion were literally jaw-dropping! These are awesome sticks!

The dispersion and consistency is incredible with these. Just so good

Had a great round with these yesterday after trying out some Cobra Fly-Z's the past couple rounds out. It's like going back home with how comfortable I am with them. 4 out of 9 GIR, 2 more hit the green at back pin positions but just bounced off the back, and 2 more just off the green on front pin positions. Only one real miss hit with them the entire 9 holes, and it wasn't even all that bad (hole high just lost it to the right). They just do everything you want. Will be hard to kick them out of the bag.

The J15 CB's are a new addition to my bag for 2016 and I cannot say enough great things about them. I've been a long time Bridgestone homer having both the J40 DPC's and CB's in the bag at times and the J15 is just a perfect next step from the J40's. One thing I particularly like about them is that they have a nice club head weight....not really heavy, but you can definitely feel the clubhead throughout the swing. Right now I've got the DG Pro S300's but I'm seriously considering throwing a set of KBS C-Taper Lite in at some point. The lighter shaft will give that head weight an even more of a pronounced feel in the swing. We'll see. So far though it will be hard to tinker with anything as I really like the setup as it is. They don't offer a ton of forgiveness, but slight misses aren't super penal. The feel you get on a well struck shot is SUPERB!

Still dialing the distances on these especially in the 9-PW but I will say these are more forgiving than the King Forged Tec especially on shots out on the toe. They actually are longer in blade length heel to toe and have a wider toe box which helps in that department. The feel on mishits is not as harsh but still provides ample feedback to know exactly where I have hit it. Mward got to swing these today with the x100 and was hitting nice tight draws with them. These are much more playable than they appear to be aesthetically.

Still dialing the distances on these especially in the 9-PW but I will say these are more forgiving than the King Forged Tec especially on shots out on the toe. They actually are longer in blade length heel to toe and have a wider toe box which helps in that department. The feel on mishits is not as harsh but still provides ample feedback to know exactly where I have hit it. Mward got to swing these today with the x100 and was hitting nice tight draws with them. These are much more playable than they appear to be aesthetically.

Definitely long heel to toe compared to similar offerings. I also find them more forgiving than they appear. I think that tends to be a trend with these

Over the weekend I was able to get a few rounds in with these which was a good test since I hadn't hit them or any irons in a long time. I originally ordered them with kbs tours since the tour v weren't available but before the season even started LB44 convinced me to put the tour v's in them as this is what he originally suggested back in January. So new irons and shafts Ive never hit in anything and all I can say is wow am I happy! Now I came from J15 DF with CTL and these irons give me a better flight and I'm a club longer than any irons I've hit in years. They do seem to be forgiving for the club they are, I can't say I've hit any on the extreme toe or heel but low on the face happened a few times and I was fine with the results. I can honestly say I love this iron/shaft combo and it's something just a few months ago I would have never looked at. Us short hitters shouldn't be playing lower spin stiff shafts is what I've thought for years but real life testing with these show different. These irons feel fantastic, look amazing at address and are performing exactly how I was hoping they would.

Back