Favorite Cocktail?

MichiganGripRip

Allegedly
Reaction score
Handicap
Stop me if this is a topic already, but I went back to August of last year and didnt see one.

I'm doing some pre summer planning and going to stock up on liqour for the events we host. I'm looking for some of your favorite cocktails to give me an idea of what I can create for guests.

As a personal favorite, mine would be Dragonsblood. A lovely mixture of Jager, Grenadine, Jack and Coke.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rum and coke - I like dark spiced rums the best

classic gin and tonic - any decent gin will do

margarita (finding a good mix is key) - I recommend reposado tequila. Not a huge fan of blanco/silver tequila's. reposado tends to taste better and drink smoother as well.

Paloma - Good tequila and fresca do just fine.

Bourbon and ginger - any decent bourbon, nothing fancy needed, and just about any ginger ale or ginger beer.

Moskow mule - copper cup is a bonus, but just need some decent vodka (I personally prefer finlandia - sorry titos), any decent ginger beer, and a slice of lime.

Man....just depends on my mood and time of year. Love rum and cokes, jack and or crown & coke, effen cucumber vodka & tonic or seltzer with a lime, seltzer & flavored rum,

Orrrrrrr..........straight bourbon, whisky, whiskey, scotch....that’s about ita

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rum and coke - I like dark spiced rums the best

classic gin and tonic - any decent gin will do

margarita (finding a good mix is key) - I recommend reposado tequila. Not a huge fan of blanco/silver tequila's. reposado tends to taste better and drink smoother as well.

Paloma - Good tequila and fresca do just fine.

Bourbon and ginger - any decent bourbon, nothing fancy needed, and just about any ginger ale or ginger beer.

Moskow mule - copper cup is a bonus, but just need some decent vodka (I personally prefer finlandia - sorry titos), any decent ginger beer, and a slice of lime.

I do like mules

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This could lead to an "Unofficial drink of THP"

Mule. Western Son canned “Vodka Mule” to start, add a ton of Tito’s and a teaspoon of sugar. Only need one.

Manhattan or Old Fashioned. I love both depending if I want rye or bourbon.

Vodka Gimlet
Old Fashioned
Quality rum on the rocks (1st pick)

I’m boring. I mostly drink beer, scotch, red wine (Carmeneres my favourite), and freezer vodka. But I also really enjoy Rum and Coke, though really only with Brugal dark rum. Others okay, but meh. One I make that my wife really likes I call a Yoda: OJ, Peach Schnapps, and Blue Curaçao.

A Manhattan made with rye whiskey, Antica and Luxardo cherries.

Bourbon on the Rocks, Bourbon and Diet Coke sometimes. In the summer I like vodka tonic with lime.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Gin and Tonic
Margarita on the rocks
Usually a beer drinker though.

My wife = Bourbon (Woodford Reserve from the freezer) on the rocks.

Woodford Reserve & 7up or Jameson & 7up...

Old fashioned/vodka martini

if a cocktail has to be a mix of more than one ingredient, i would say margarita first, second is old fashioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s summer something light.

Sea breeze, Greyhound, Cape Cod, Margarita

So many things I love.

Gin and tonic and manhattans are probably my two favorite.

Old Fashioned
Sazerac
Negroni
Gin & tonic

In no specific order.

if a cocktail has to be a mix of more than one ingredient, i would say margarita first, second is old fashioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I like your style, Cap'n

I'm a simple man. First choice is vodka/cran, sometimes w/a splash of pineapple.

Cap'n & ginger

Rum & coke

Woodford Reserve Manhattan w/Luxardo cherry

Skinny margarita....depending on the tequila available. (I'm a tequila snob and Cuervo is a no go)

Beer and beer.

Gin and tonic
Dark n stormy
Hideaway blueberry lemonade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey on ice, Gentleman Jack and Coke Zero and my favorite hot summer day drink is Vodka, Simply Limeade and Sprite or ice cold beer out of the cooler.

Back