Bushnell Tour v4 Slope Edition Laser Rangefinder - THP Review Thread

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
While at the 2016 PGA Merchandise Show THP TV caught up with Bushnell to talk about their newly introduced Tour v4 Laser Rangefinders. The video of that interview can be found below. Yesterday the Tour v4 Slope Edition arrived in for review and I cannot wait to get this out on the course and see how it performs. Bushnell has set the bar pretty high when it comes to rangefinders, so I expect this will be another strong release for them.

From Bushnell

The Tour V4 and Tour V4 Slope Edition are faster than their predecessor, 30% smaller and more ergonomically designed to increase the ease and accuracy in acquiring yardages. The Tour V4 Slope Edition uses patented, Tour trusted technology to provide compensated distances for elevation changes.

The USGA’s revision of rule 14-3, effective January 1, 2016 enables players to use DMD’s with a slope function, so long as the function is disabled during play. Bushnell designed the Tour V4 Slope Edition with the ability to turn the slope function on and off, making it legal for tournament play.

“Our Slope technology is counted on by PGA Tour Professionals and playing pros around the world,” said Scott Peterson, Senior Product Manager at Bushnell. “In the past, amateurs have been reluctant to purchase rangefinders with Slope Technology. With the new USGA rule change, the Tour V4 Slope will now be conforming during tournament play and for posting handicap rounds by turning slope mode off.”

Continuing the trend of evolving precision through industry-leading technologies, Bushnell Golf is also proud to include JOLT Technology in their new line of Tour V4 Laser Rangefinders. When the golfer aims the Tour V4 at a flag, JOLT Technology provides short vibrating bursts to signal Bushnell’s advanced PinSeeker Technology has isolated the target and locked onto the flag. Along with the JOLT Technology, a faster processor has been incorporated into the unit to provide yardage readings faster than the Tour v3.

Product features include:

• PinSeeker with JOLT Technology to confirm the laser has zeroed in on the flag
  • Accurate to within one yard
  • Five to 1,000-yard range performance (400 yards to a flag)
  • 5x magnification (objects appear 5x closer)
  • New ergonomic design with Stabi-grip
  • 30% smaller than Tour v3
  • Fast focus system
  • Rain proof
  • New premium carry case and three-volt battery included
  • Industry leading two-year warranty

The Tour V4 and Tour V4 Slope will both be available at Bushnell retailers nationwide beginning in mid-April. The retail price for the Tour V4 is $299 and Tour V4 Slope is $399.

THP TV

In Hand Photos

i-4H9XRQC-XL.jpg

i-hzGGMdn-XL.jpg

i-mhk8Vsw-XL.jpg

i-ftxXFvx-XL.jpg

i-845Fqdk-XL.jpg

i-4Fhc3Ln-XL.jpg

i-ghqhjvr-XL.jpg

i-ZLRhThk-XL.jpg

i-WrnMXWQ-XL.jpg

i-vLMBbgJ-XL.jpg

i-Km4NhCL-XL.jpg

i-HpnrbpK-XL.jpg

i-2Mb3N5k-XL.jpg

i-5hhmqRB-XL.jpg

• Staff
i-bg6KMWW-XL.jpg

i-4JjZxxW-XL.jpg

i-cSTXx7p-XL.jpg

i-DSVDfkw-XL.jpg

i-dtSR694-XL.jpg

Looks good, and not much than the v2/v3.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Looks good Deano. Love how fast the new Bushnells hit their target, jolt and give a number. So quick to use.

I really need to upgrade mine in a bad way.

Great pics Dean. Looking forward to following along

This should be good. Looking forward to hearing more.

Let me know if it kicks the Tour V2 out of the bag because that is what I currently have too.

• Staff
This should be good. Looking forward to hearing more.

Let me know if it kicks the Tour V2 out of the bag because that is what I currently have too.

I'll be honest, since reviewing the Precision Pro Nexus, the V2 has been regulated mostly to the bench. I'm looking forward to having one with Jolt Technology because I always thought that was rather cool and useful. This was more comfortable to hold in hand, I enjoy the shape and the notch area to rest my thumb.

Looks like they really improved on the overall design, looks quite nice, Bushnell does a great job in the laser rangefinder world, can't wait to hear how the v4 works for you dean, my v3 is still rocking along, but once it goes on the fritz, a newer model bushnell will be shopped for, for sure!

It looks like a beauty, especially the ergonomics. I certainly don't have a need for the slope function because I like to post all my rounds. IMO, activating the slope function on a rangefinder is no different than using a level app on your smartphone or pulling out a regular level on the greens to read the slope of your putts.:act-up: Unfortunately, I've seen this twice with a smart phone in the last few months at 2 different public courses.

Looks good. I am very interested in your thoughts as I am due for an upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Tour X and I love it. My aunt is looking for a unit and this is on the short list.

Do we know the MSRP on these units?

There's nothing wrong with my current rangefinder but defeatable slope and jolt are two things I've been considering. I'll wait to see a more in depth review.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this one Deano. I have the v3 and I just can't imagine needing to change, but maybe this will change my mind. Can't wait to hear more!

My v2 wouldnt lock onto pins Saturday. If it keeps having this issue it looks like I'll give the v4 a heavy ponder.

What is stopping you guys from going with the Tour X? Or what is about the Tour V4 Slope that makes you want to wait?

It's a couple of minor things for me I guess. Cost would be one and the other is I have the V3 now and am just comfortable with the "Tour V..." Family. I know each unit is different in many ways, just a comfort thing for me I guess

What is stopping you guys from going with the Tour X? Or what is about the Tour V4 Slope that makes you want to wait?

The Tour X is certainly the Cadillac of rangefinders. With the new USGA ruling on using rangefinders with slope during tournaments(as long as it's turned off), the need for the Tour X is diminished a little IMO. Different price point, less options, but none of those options are probably not a necessity for most golfers.

May be about time for an upgrade.

My Leupold keeps on keeping on but I am in serious ponder about a V4 with slope, I really like the thought of it being tournament legal with the slope feature on off.

This looks pretty sweet. My v2 is still going strong after about 5 years. If it does go I would definitely purchase this.

I bought a v3 last summer and really like it. Too soon for an upgrade but I'd be all over this one otherwise.

My Leupold keeps on keeping on but I am in serious ponder about a V4 with slope, I really like the thought of it being tournament legal with the slope feature on off.

If you like your Leupold the GX-4i2 has the same tournament legal slope on/off feature and is a little thinner than the Bushnell and also waterproof. Overall very similar to the V4 with a 6x magnification vs. 5x for the Bushnell and has an audible beep instead of jolt for locking on the flag. Leopold also has an additional feature that Bushnell doesn't have, a fog mode.

It will be interesting to compare this to the Tour X next time we play. More for curiosity than anything - I don't see the X coming out of the bag anytime soon.

Back