Titleist TS4 Driver

Another good looking driver by Titleist. They are trying to keep up.

My personal take is that there is a bit of both sides here. Spin on the right axis can lead to forgiveness. The ball only spins one way and depending on what that is, will lead to where it goes many times (all things being equal). Low spin consistently (meaning across the face) would give pretty good distance consistency, because less movement is less movement (ball spin).

And thank you for the kind words on the article. I enjoyed writing it.

So essentially if you consistently hit it in the center of the face more often than not, you're going to get consistent distance results.

So essentially if you consistently hit it in the center of the face more often than not, you're going to get consistent distance results.

I would say that out of most products. Not that they are all as fast as each other, but most drivers hit dead on center will give you fairly consistent results. As you stray from there is what can separate some from others.

My personal take is that there is a bit of both sides here. Spin on the right axis can lead to forgiveness. The ball only spins one way and depending on what that is, will lead to where it goes many times (all things being equal). Low spin consistently (meaning across the face) would give pretty good distance consistency, because less movement is less movement (ball spin).

that makes a lot of sense and definitely helps me understand it better. i think where i've seen low spin hurt people is when they have face-to-path issues.

This is interesting as I know Titleist has said they believe it takes at least 2 years to get innovation into a product so they space their releases on a 2-year cadence. Curious to see them start releasing product sooner..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

that makes a lot of sense and definitely helps me understand it better. i think where i've seen low spin hurt people is when they have face-to-path issues.

It can hurt in other ways too. Low launch, too low of spin, etc. It comes down to fitting and contact.

Very good read. I really like the 430cc and the head shape. Don't think I'm the inteded target for the TS4.

It can hurt in other ways too. Low launch, too low of spin, etc. It comes down to fitting and contact.

i hope titleist keeps doing titleist thursdays, and that people take advantage of it. a free, no pressure fitting on trackman with a huge array of options.

Is it fair to assume a certain combo, would benefit most from a design like this - ie, hitting up on the ball quite a bit plus creating excess spin, plus being a fairly consistent ball striker?

I saw a pic this morning on instagram and immediately thought it was an Aprils fools day joke. I guess its real ;)

Now this is exciting. First Titleist driver I’ve put on the must try list in a long time. If there’s a product testing signup, I am so in!

This is either really awesome, or VERY elaborate....and yet I am still intrigued enough to ask Titleist later today about it when I go to TPI for my fitting.

This is either really awesome, or VERY elaborate....and yet I am still intrigued enough to ask Titleist later today about it when I go to TPI for my fitting.

Let us know what they say at TPI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you read the article on the home page, it has all of the details.

Titleist TS4 Driver

Great article @JB. I enjoyed reading it.

Really good explanation. Seems like they are trying to create as similar speed and spin conditions across as much of the face as possible.

I guess all drivers and companies do this, but seem interesting in a low spin model typically geared at higher swing speeds who create more consistent contact.

Apparently Jimmy Walker already has the TS4 in the bag.

This is a good move by Titleist IMO. I will certainly try one of these as I am a high spin player with the driver.

Great read JB.

When I saw the email this morning I thought it was an April fools joke.

Anybody who pre-ordered through Dicks Sporting Goods within the past few weeks, there may be a delay in shipment. They have updated the sales page to reflect a delivery of 7-16 now. Though they have stock in store though.

I got to hit the TS4 in the PGATSS last weekend and it was pretty nice. I didn't really notice much size difference with the 430CC head. The classic shape just looks so good and it sits just ever so slightly open down by the ball which worked great for me. I tested it alongside a F9 Speedback driver and the TS4 was longer and far more consistent in distance and accuracy. While I was really trying to not go left with the F9 and still doing so, the TS4 was really straight. I want to put it head to head with my TS3 and try it on my Atmos shaft but my initial impression was that it is a solid contender for my bag.

I hit the TS4 again at the PGATSS a couple Saturdays ago and was even more impressed. It put it up against the G410 LST and the M5. I easily had more distance and better consistency with the TS4. I've got a Titleist Thursday appointment tomorrow to hit it outdoors and really get a true fitting.

I got my TS4 on trackman today...

Club head speed is up, ball speed is up, carry distance obviously up!

I'm ecstatic.

At my Titleist Thursday fitting last week I hit the TS4 and it actually surprised the fitter how well I hit it even when I wasn't putting on a great ball striking display. When we put the TS4 head on my shaft the numbers and ball flight were impressive. I found the middle of the TS4 a lot easier and the ball speed was up 3-4 mph over my TS3. The kicker was the club was running a deal where if you ordered from them that day they would give 10% off. So getting 3-4 mph more ball speed and $50 off was a no brainer.

I got my TS4 on Wednesday and I'm taking it straight to the course today. Can't wait!

wluker17;n8892522 said:
At my Titleist Thursday fitting last week I hit the TS4 and it actually surprised the fitter how well I hit it even when I wasn't putting on a great ball striking display. When we put the TS4 head on my shaft the numbers and ball flight were impressive. I found the middle of the TS4 a lot easier and the ball speed was up 3-4 mph over my TS3. The kicker was the club was running a deal where if you ordered from them that day they would give 10% off. So getting 3-4 mph more ball speed and $50 off was a no brainer.

What kind of numbers were you seeing? Other than ball speed? That much better than the TS3

Back