Titleist TS4 Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. This thing speaks to me. Love the shape and can't wait to see it in person. If the face depth is there, I will give this thing a real chance. Thanks for posting the info.

Wow, that is a beaut. I am one of those people that needs aggressive spin reduction and I'm loving the fact that there will be another option in the 430-440cc range.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My good strikes put my spin in the 2500rpm range. That's not high, but it's not low either. I miss the middle just enough that the forward CG scares me though.

I'm a big fan of how the Titleist drivers look and this one does not disappoint!

Well done Titleist. Well done.

Wow/

Love the look of the smaller head and the spin reduction - just wish they would come out before June!

Beautiful head shape. Nice to see Titleist expanding its offerings to fit more people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a nice classic headshape.

With the 8.5 head that thing screams low balls.

I had a good time writing about this one and learning more about it. Liked the way the article came out.

Titleist did a great job with this shape it seems. It's cool seeing another option for a smaller footprint head out there for consumers.

I like the classic look.

For the better drivers of the golf ball who hit center more often than not, this looks like a solid offering. I wonder how much Tour adoption we'll see from those who have stayed with previous lines.

I mean good on them for filling a hole they felt was void in their lineup. However, much like when other companies do the same with colours, head size, etc. I don't understand why this wasn't released at the same time a the other two models.

I mean good on them for filling a hole they felt was void in their lineup. However, much like when other companies do the same with colours, head size, etc. I don't understand why this wasn't released at the same time a the other two models.
I agree. I bet it was an afterthought. Made after feedback from their tour prayers. Just a guess anyways.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

For the better drivers of the golf ball who hit center more often than not, this looks like a solid offering. I wonder how much Tour adoption we'll see from those who have stayed with previous lines.
I think the only thing comparable will be the 915D4 and I cant think of anyone who kept it in play.

I also cant imagine that many of the pros going that direction when 917D2 swept the pros for usage. Seems like the pros want to have a medium amount of spin.

We should find out this week. We will see with Augusta National so close time wise.

I think the only thing comparable will be the 915D4 and I cant think of anyone who kept it in play.

I also cant imagine that many of the pros going that direction when 917D2 swept the pros for usage. Seems like the pros want to have a medium amount of spin.

I was thinking Spieth specifically since the 915 has been his driver of choice. He tested the TS line, but went back to the 915. Given his recent struggles, maybe something new like this can’t unlock something for him

We should find out this week. We will see with Augusta National so close time wise.

Kind of thinking so close to Augusta, we might see more tour presence after.

Thanks JB!!! Great read, it is interesting they left this on the table until after all the other OEM's released their offerings. Titleist is getting sneaky in their old age LOL!

Much as I love how much distance I get from hitting low-spin drivers on the screws, my propensity for a toe-side miss turns low-spin into no spin.

Looks really nice, though.

Love the head shape and the slight reduction in size. Don't think the MOI reduction would do me any favors though.

Love the classic look of the pear shaped 430cc head. Reminds me of the old classic 975D & 983K I have of yesteryear.

@jb that's a great article. something i didn't understand, though. the info from titleist says that the low spin driver will be straighter and more consistent. talge later says the lower spin will give "greater distance consistency." in my experience and watching most people, spin is forgiveness, and i guess i equate consistency with forgiveness. can you expand on how lower spin gives "greater distance consistency?" i know it's his words, not yours, but would love to hear your perspective.

@jb that's a great article. something i didn't understand, though. the info from titleist says that the low spin driver will be straighter and more consistent. talge later says the lower spin will give "greater distance consistency." in my experience and watching most people, spin is forgiveness, and i guess i equate consistency with forgiveness. can you expand on how lower spin gives "greater distance consistency?" i know it's his words, not yours, but would love to hear your perspective.

My personal take is that there is a bit of both sides here. Spin on the right axis can lead to forgiveness. The ball only spins one way and depending on what that is, will lead to where it goes many times (all things being equal). Low spin consistently (meaning across the face) would give pretty good distance consistency, because less movement is less movement (ball spin).

And thank you for the kind words on the article. I enjoyed writing it.

Back