liquidcowboy

Reaction score
Handicap
Whisky
Anyone have experience with these shafts?

No, but my club fitter was trying to talk me in to putting this in my driver saying that the technology is crazy good. According to him the owner of Paderson has consulted with all of the major shaft manufacturers, but will not sell his patents to any of them so he brought out his own shafts.

They look really cool especially with the graphite weave, but I really don't know anything about them. Wonder why any of the OEM's don't offer them as an exotic upcharge even?

I also, have never heard of them. Where are they based? Is this a high end shaft? Thanks!

I worked out a deal with my club fitter and will have one in a Bridgestone J40 tomorrow. I will let you all know how it feels once I get out to the course.

Went to Hot Stix in Scottsdale yesterday, thought I wanted cf16 with recoil. I tried many different shaft and head combinations including my Apex with 670 reg. recoil. Much to my surprise the Paderson 80 gram reg shaft with cobra forged tec head had the best feel and trackman numbers. I also tried several different shafts in the forged tec head and the Paderson was the best. 8hcp

I would like to know more.

Well I have the shaft in my Bridgestone J40 driver. I have hit it on the range a few times, but not the course yet. I am playing this Saturday and will review and let you all know what I have found out.

Interesting concept for a shaft. They look good, too.

Having been in the carbon fiber industry, their manufacturing process is intriguing. A fiber wound shaft set in autoclave, color me interested.

Different for sure. Look forward to your review!

Having been in the carbon fiber industry, their manufacturing process is intriguing. A fiber wound shaft set in autoclave, color me interested.

Filament winding, autoclave cure, kevlar fibers...these sound pricy lol. Pretty interesting process for a golf shaft though, they're making shafts like aerospace parts!

Filament winding, autoclave cure, kevlar fibers...these sound pricy lol. Pretty interesting process for a golf shaft though, they're making shafts like aerospace parts!

Indeed! Looks like they have their own fiber manufacturing arm, and simply applying this technique to their product. Having their own patent. I can't wait to see what it's all about when it shakes out. at $200 shaft retail, it's on the middle end of the shafts. Definitely reasonably priced. Not cheap, but reasonable if the technology produces the goods.

Indeed! Looks like they have their own fiber manufacturing arm, and simply applying this technique to their product. Having their own patent. I can't wait to see what it's all about when it shakes out. at $200 shaft retail, it's on the middle end of the shafts. Definitely reasonably priced. Not cheap, but reasonable if the technology produces the goods.
Wow that's not bad, I thought it would be higher priced with that process. Very cool!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I was so excited about the tech I grabbed one for a steal from the bay, probably due to lack of demand. But either way I'm excited to try this out in my mini 1.5.

The Cross weave on the shaft is very cool, the shaft orientation with graphics down was recommended due to their process, however I was able to confirm there indeed is lacking the tradition spines and neutral bend plane but there is one stiff section corresponding to the graphics down orientation.

c20ded084faea699042302c8d633c42d.jpg
9188363372051c2db18ae393c9d20db7.jpg

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Be interested to see how these perform for you guys.

The shafts are real easy to load, borderline whippy, but I also have the Blue in the fw, it's made for a smoother transition. I can't speak for the distance because of the low temperature around here, however the shaft is easy to hit because it's effortless to load. I find that it helps to smooth out my tempo.

I also have the amorphous vmt shaft in my driver, after some adjustment in length and swing weight, I've had some early success with it.

Real test will come when the season officially starts around here.

I just received my TM M2 driver with a Paderson VMT that fitted for me at Club Champion. In the bay I gained 42 yards over the stock driver I walked in with. After hitting it for the for the first time on the range today, I was extremely disappointed.
It felt so whippy and could not control it what so ever. $900 down the drain!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just received my TM M2 driver with a Paderson VMT that fitted for me at Club Champion. In the bay I gained 42 yards over the stock driver I walked in with. After hitting it for the for the first time on the range today, I was extremely disappointed.
It felt so whippy and could not control it what so ever. $900 down the drain!!

So at the bay the club felt different than the range? Are all the specs exactly as you demo'd ?

I suppose your fitter have some sort of warranty period?

The shaft definitely requires a smoother tempo perhaps give it a chance and get more comfortable with it.

You could also butt trim the shaft depending on your current length, it'll feel much less whippy.

Yes, the club felt much different in the bay compared to the range. I immediately contacted my fitter, he gave me some advice and I went and hit it again. It was not much better, so now I am rescheduled to do another hour refitting or readjustment of this driver.
Paderson does not recommend tipping their shafts, so I might have to butt trim it and get it back to 44.75" where I normally play my driver. I will post tomorrow after my fitting.
Thanks.

Yes, the club felt much different in the bay compared to the range. I immediately contacted my fitter, he gave me some advice and I went and hit it again. It was not much better, so now I am rescheduled to do another hour refitting or readjustment of this driver.
Paderson does not recommend tipping their shafts, so I might have to butt trim it and get it back to 44.75" where I normally play my driver. I will post tomorrow after my fitting.
Thanks.

I've find that short drivers are simply much easier to control and feels better to swing. I'd definitely cut it down to your playing length first to get that feel back.

Not to mention whatever speed you might get in length is negated by missing the center of the face.

Back