Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Equipment Pondering Thread

XR16 Sub Zero driver. I really want to hit it. Might be terrible for me, but it's so intriguing that I want to get some swings in.

I've tried it and after barely getting 170 carry on the first swing promptly gave it back and said no thank you. Be ready for low spin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was absolute fact.

I had a hunch.

I've got a guess on brand, but I'll leave that for the future. :angel:

no Idea why, but I am pondering a Cure

no Idea why, but I am pondering a Cure

I'd love to roll one of the new ones as well. I'm surprised at how much I would like to actually.

I'd love to roll one of the new ones as well. I'm surprised at how much I would like to actually.

been rolling an RX2(last year) in the house for a couple of weeks now. It's so freaking stable. Yes the sound takes getting used to, but man throw some headphones on for a bit and you get a nice feeling putter that puts a good roll on it. I might take it to the course this weekend.

been rolling an RX2(last year) in the house for a couple of weeks now. It's so freaking stable. Yes the sound takes getting used to, but man throw some headphones on for a bit and you get a nice feeling putter that puts a good roll on it. I might take it to the course this weekend.

Can't do it on those, I just can't, that sound is insurmountable for me. But, putters are 100% my "thing" and I just cannot settle when I know there are so many options that offer me everything that I want and not just part of it. I think thats why I am so enamored by the CX's, the company listened and provided an option that remedies the issues many took up with the more abstract style RX's, and that 100% catches my attention.

Can't do it on those, I just can't, that sound is insurmountable for me. But, putters are 100% my "thing" and I just cannot settle when I know there are so many options that offer me everything that I want and not just part of it. I think thats why I am so enamored by the CX's, the company listened and provided an option that remedies the issues many took up with the more abstract style RX's, and that 100% catches my attention.
Absolutely. I love a company that listens to consumers.

Ok I need some assistance on picking a hybrid. Anyone play the XR hybrids? Looking at 3h/19*. Looking for height and distance.

RTX 2.0 CBs in the lofts I prefer to play these days (50/54/58)

I approve. Played that setup all last year.

I like the MD3s, but the those are the best wedges I've ever played.

I like the MD3s, but the those are the best wedges I've ever played.

I prefer them to MD3. Those were better than MD2, but not better than the RTX for me.

Ok I need some assistance on picking a hybrid. Anyone play the XR hybrids? Looking at 3h/19*. Looking for height and distance.

I did briefly, and although I replaced it with the Heavenwood I have a 4H (22º) on the way. The XR hybrids are easy to hit, long and I think they'll give height you're looking for.

Last edited:

I'm playing the XR Pro in my signature and encourage you to not sleep on the Pro. It may launch a little lower but they are a fantastic option. The feel is just ridiculous when flushed.

I'm playing the XR Pro in my signature and encourage you to not sleep on the Pro. It may launch a little lower but they are a fantastic option. The feel is just ridiculous when flushed.

I thought the same thing but I'm not a high ball hitter so lower flight isn't really an option for me. Maybe going to 23* and longer shaft would work but the 20* won't launch high enough. I had the 20* BBA hybrid and that was too low

Well, I had been pondering a shaft for the LTD, but took care of that last night. Have been pondering putters for a while, now. Mostly thinking about another Betti addition, but also pondering the CURE CX1 - not going to buy, though, perhaps in hopes of being able to participate in the upcoming CURE event. Also pondering a slight extension on my CFs - just over 1/4 inch - get them to the exact same length as last season's gamers (I'm mental, and I know it).

I thought the same thing but I'm not a high ball hitter so lower flight isn't really an option for me. Maybe going to 23* and longer shaft would work but the 20* won't launch high enough. I had the 20* BBA hybrid and that was too low

I'm no high ball hitter either (I'm playing the XP95 in my Apex irons.) Perhaps its the LZ in the Pro, but it launches plenty high off the tee and a touch lower from the deck.

I can't hit my Callaway 815 16* FW wood to save my life. Thinking of trading it in and picking up either an XR16 3 Wood or a GBB 3 Wood.

I can't hit my Callaway 815 16* FW wood to save my life. Thinking of trading it in and picking up either an XR16 3 Wood or a GBB 3 Wood.

Both are nice, but I give the GBB a slight edge cause of the OptiFit goodness!

I like the adjustable hosel on the GBB, but the XR logo on the headcover looks much better than the GBB.

Last edited:
Alpha 815 hybrid. Could probably do some trades through callaway pre-owned.

Alpha 815 hybrid. Could probably do some trades through callaway pre-owned.
FANTASTIC hybrid. Absolutely love mine and have a spare too.

Apex 5H because I need a bag full of metal woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back