THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

So how many THPers want these in their irons? I know I won't be able to hit them well but I would love to at least give them a whirl at the range!

I love my current shafts, but with the sponsor of this event tugging at my heart strings maybe these could be right up my alley. Maybe I get a set if I win MVP???

I love my current shafts, but with the sponsor of this event tugging at my heart strings maybe these could be right up my alley. Maybe I get a set if I win MVP???

It'd be odd that the MVP would come from the losing team.
But I like your dream.
After 36 you just might be out of steam.

It'd be odd that the MVP would come from the losing team.
But I like your dream.
After 36 you just might be out of steam.

Quit wasting time with those lame rhymes
Losing to Phil has made you lose your mind
Ohio may keep you in it past 27 if we're feeling kind.

Touché.
No reason to be a dou.... Well, you get the picture

So how many THPers want these in their irons? I know I won't be able to hit them well but I would love to at least give them a whirl at the range!

These are heavier and stiffer than the x100 and extremely low spin. Way to much shaft for me. I would guess there is a small minority of players these will fit.

Thou I am looking at some S400 or maybe soft stepping some X100. That seems to be a better fit for me.

After lots of prep last week, the crappy weather and increase in work this week leads to little to no prep being done this week. Which kinda sucks given my game was starting to come together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't realize they had golf courses in Ohio?? Heard the whole state was a paved parking lot with a Wal-Mart dead center.

Go Michigan!!

Careful Gunner, Our friend CJ has been really sensitive since last weekend....

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Cannon!

I didn't realize they had golf courses in Ohio?? Heard the whole state was a paved parking lot with a Wal-Mart dead center.

Go Michigan!!

I dont know...I think THP picked a heck of a course.

You bringing a camera or something? Wouldn't want someone on Team Michigan to have to take the photo of the winning team and therefore be out of said picture.

Ohhhhhh........CANNON.

Go Michigan!!

lol you can do better than that. Ohio is a top 10 golfing state.

Boulder Creek is going to be one heck of a venue for this event. Going to test the physical and mental aspects of every participants game. Can't wait to see the leaves in the trees and the fairways green and lush rough.

Careful Gunner, Our friend CJ has been really sensitive since last weekend....

I know, I've seen a lot of posts of him saying he couldn't measure up to you on this 6500 yard course. That's probably about what Boulder is going to play for the event so I think his confidence may be at an all time low.

I know, I've seen a lot of posts of him saying he couldn't measure up to you on this 6500 yard course. That's probably about what Boulder is going to play for the event so I think his confidence may be at an all time low.
And what makes Boulder great is its not a flat, straight forward 6500. Its turns and elevation changes and blind shots. Its going to be a GRIND

I dont know...I think THP picked a heck of a course.

Everyone from around these parts loves Boulder. It's my 3rd favorite. The difference between 1st & 3rd is about a width of a hair.
But Boulder will make you play all sorts of shots and will be perfect for the event.

Last edited:
It's a good thing playing you will help boost that confidence a bit. :alien:

It's funny...
Ohio thinks the pressure is going to get to me.
I will thrive on it.

Wow there is some good back and forth in here today. Lets hope the grey skies don't stay over OH long and it dries up there, as the swamp we played in last weekend reminded me why I don't live in OH.

It's funny...
Ohio thinks the pressure is going to get to me.
I will thrive on it.

If there's one thing I know about your golf game CJ is you're never out of it, I've seen you have bad holes, and seem to be out of it mentally, then come back next hole and make birdie. I definitely see Michigan Slice going 4-0.

I am donating tomorrow and would like to be a part of this exciting event. Please consider me once I donate to the foundation. Thnxs

If there's one thing I know about your golf game CJ is you're never out of it, I've seen you have bad holes, and seem to be out of it mentally, then come back next hole and make birdie. I definitely see Michigan Slice going 0-4.

Had to fix that. I can agree with everything else though

I am donating tomorrow and would like to be a part of this exciting event. Please consider me once I donate to the foundation. Thnxs
Unfortunately the team making process has already completed. Good news though is this is one of the few THP events where those not playing are still allowed to participate in certain aspects. I know many are going to be at the range, playing behind the last group, and at Michigan's celebration dinner.

And then there is always helping those in the event prep, which is beyond helpful.

Regardless, welcome the the AC and hope we can tee it up soon. There's another thread for extra details.

Auburn.....
That's sorta in My neck o' the woods!

Welcome! And check out the Michigan hackers thread as well!

Back