Pro Wrestling Thread

Just walked in the house... it was awesome. Hadn't been to RAW in like 5 years. Shane, AJ, Jericho & Sasha Banks got the biggest crowd pops. The tag match between AJ/Jericho & New Day was awesome.

BUT....THE BEST PART OF THE NIGHT WAS.... they announced that WWE Payback ppv will be in Chicago May 1. This is the first ppv after WrestleMania. There was a special presale during RAW and I got 3rd row ringside opposite the hard camera....so we'll be on TV all night! :banana:

I really don't get the League of Nations. They all can hold their own but as a group I forget they even exist. Barret's the King of the Ring but you wouldn't know it, Sheamus was money in the bank winner and former champ Del Rio and Rusev have some credentials as well but them as a group is landing flat and Lana isn't even with Rusev anymore.

I really don't get the League of Nations. They all can hold their own but as a group I forget they even exist. Barret's the King of the Ring but you wouldn't know it, Sheamus was money in the bank winner and former champ Del Rio and Rusev have some credentials as well but them as a group is landing flat and Lana isn't even with Rusev anymore.

League of Nations literally got ZERO pop when they came out. They suck. Barrett is leaving soon anyways, not renewing his contract. Sheamus sucks, they don't use Del Rio or Rusev right. Lana is gonna be in the ring soon, which is silly.

Oh....and I hate that Sami Zayn is back on the main roster & gonna be going against Kevin Owens. SZ is sooooooooooooooo boring, such a blah character.

Anybody watching Roadblock?

I'm just starting to watch the earlier matches I recorded.

Harper is good especially for his size and look.

Sammy Zucks

So Roadblock was pretty lame.

It was good wrestling-wise, but you knew they weren't gonna throw any curves with it being Wrestlemania right around the corner. Best match on the card was Enzo & Cass vs The Revival

Roadblock was just a glorified house show to possibly get more network subscribers. Jericho's prematch promo was awesome. "Canada stinks and Toronto is the anus!"

I kinda laughed to myself as the crowd seemed to get bored & lose interest during Sami Zayn's match. I mean, he IS a Canadian and they were in Toronto. I'm making a "Sami Zayn = NAP TIME" sign for Payback. Look for me on tv! lol

Agreed that the NXT Tag Title match was the best of the night. Enzo & Cass always seem to get the crowd hyped....and let us not forget Carmella. good lord.

Anyhooo... The Revival remind me of a modern day version of Arn/Tully as The Brainbusters. I like them a lot, too.

Most iconic wrestler ever bracket!
wrestlingbracket-4.jpg

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/best-wrestler-all-time-tournament/

I refuse to participate in any bracket that SCSA is not a #1 seed. Also, Hogan isn't a #1 seed?

It makes sense based on how the regions are broken down. Anyway, I'm going with CM Punk on a first round upset over Stone Cold

It makes sense based on how the regions are broken down. Anyway, I'm going with CM Punk on a first round upset over Stone Cold
I probably would never even consider a hipster rip off of Kenta over one of the biggest stars in the best era of the most popular brand.

I wonder how they are going to put the HHH/Reigns match together with the Taker/Shane match. Brand split anyone??

Happy Stone Cold Steve Austin Day! 3/16

Two of my favorite SCSA moments:

[video=youtube;_V-rCP-UeeY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V-rCP-UeeY[/video]

This is probably my favorite match of the entire Attitude Era.

Those were some great video! The first one gave me chills hearing the glass shatter and him coming out! Wowza!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I wonder how they are going to put the HHH/Reigns match together with the Taker/Shane match. Brand split anyone??

I have no idea what direction they'll go. I think 'Taker/Shane goes on last. The crowd won't be happy with Reigns winning, so I expect there to be a lot of boo birds making their voices heard if/when that happens. For some reason, even though it's hell in a cell, I think there's gonna be run ins and in the end, I feel Vince getting involved and it backfires leading to Shane winning.

I'm curious as to what they're gonna do with AJ? I'm assuming AJ/Jericho again, which is what it looks like.

Also... I'm sick of seeing someone like Ziggler not getting pushed, but they bring up this complete turd, Sami Zayn. The definition of bland.

[h=1]Our Most Iconic Wrestler Of All-Time Tournament Advances To The Smackdown 16[/h]http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/our-...time-tournament-advances-to-the-smackdown-16/

I will start by saying I don't follow wrestling now, or haven't in 15 years or so, but as a kid I loved it. I voted and knew most of the people except the international wrestlers. What I found weird was that Hulk Hogan and the undertaker are practically tied. While that's a tough pairing, I'd thought The Hulkster would have come out easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJ/Jericho isn't really working out for them but yeah I think that's what it is.

Agreed on the Taker/Shane comment.

Agrred again on the Sami Zayne comment... so boring. But I guess they need to push someone while they have so many injuries.

Mania seems to have a lot of match ups we have seen in the past month or so. They don't really hold any heat for me. I do like they way the old hardcore guys are passing the torch to Ambrose. This is the guy he needs to be imo.

Besides the AJ/Owens match tonight, RAW was terrible.....then Luke Harper may have blown out his knee in a post-tv dark match....

Agreed on the Ambrose front. He can be a slightly more refined version of Foley/Funk. Some of his matches prior to WWE were pretty brutal.

As a fan of AJ Styles since his TNA days and a Jericho fan since his WCW days, I'm hoping they get a chance to shine on the big stage together.

This will be the first time I've ever said this, but I am actually looking forward to the Divas match. I really like Sasha Banks & Becky Lynch, but Charlotte, that's another story. She looks like a transvestite.

Now, the Intercontinental match is a 7-man ladder match. Actually full of guys who are talented but got crappy pushes or no push at all. I'm a huge Ziggler fan and a Kevin Owens fan. This match is sure to be a spot fest, but should be entertaining.

Anyone else gonna be watching NXT Takeover tonight? I am so hyped for Shinsuke Nakamura to make his debut!

Anyone else gonna be watching NXT Takeover tonight? I am so hyped for Shinsuke Nakamura to make his debut!

I just turned it on. Who is this dude Sammy is fighting.

Back