Anyone played the Volvik DS-55 ball?

ajschn06

Reaction score
Handicap
I was looking for a bulk deal on a ball to play this year. I'm not super picky, but I've enjoyed the Callaway SuperSoft and Srixon Q-Star in the past. Picked up a stack of these for around $8 per dozen- they any good?

I’ve tried it. For me it was very comparable to the Srixon Soft Feel and Supersoft performance wise. Maybe a tad firmer feeling than those two. Long. Straight. Flies high. Not much green side action.

I got away from it cause I play a colored ball and the yellow they use is kinda pastel yellow which I didn’t care for.

I’ve tried it. For me it was very comparable to the Srixon Soft Feel and Supersoft performance wise. Maybe a tad firmer feeling than those two. Long. Straight. Flies high. Not much green side action.

I got away from it cause I play a colored ball and the yellow they use is kinda pastel yellow which I didn’t care for.

Thanks- that’s helpful. Sounds like what I’m looking for! Never played the soft feel but the Callaway supersoft has probably been the longest ball I’ve played- and straight too...Really liked everything about it- only real complaint was a little too mushy off the putter.

Back