How Often For Full Remake?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
How often do you think your full bag gets made over? Meaning every club is changed at one time interval, since obviously most don't do it all at once. Except at THP Events, where some come with full bags of equipment.

I redid my entire bag about 2 years ago, when I first started taking golf seriously.

And I've redone almost everything again within the last month or so. Only my TM M2 (2017) hybrids remain from 2 years ago, and my Rogue 3W from about a year ago.

My bag turns over in full nearly every year. I love me some golf equipment and trying new gear is a big part of the enjoyment of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine gets done on a yearly basis

I'm in the middle of that process. I have never had brand new or fitted clubs before. Hopefully, they will last 5 years plus!

It's been 8 years for me and I still have two clubs hanging on. One is a 3 wood and the other is a 56* wedge. I don't use the 3 wood all that much and the 56 is just a go to club for me. Hard to get rid of it.

I've never done it all at once so I could never take part in that discussion.

I can change wedges and driver frequently. Putters, irons and woods (hybrids now) typically have staying power.

Played the same irons, my last set, for 10 years so complete turnover took a while.

I think I'm starting my 3rd season with my irons now? Maybe 2.5.

About every 2 years. I upgrade wedges the most followed by woods and hybrids. When I finally get a set of irons dialed in, I will stick with these the longest.

Never. Things always manage to find a way to stay.

The last time I did it on a permanent basis was 4 years ago when I converted to all graphite.

Nowadays is this even realistic?

I say this for 3 reasons

#1 the release cycles of the manufacturers make it hard to align, I know you can pull the trigger whenever but you're more likely to change 1 or 2 things because something in the market changed. (I.e. a new driver was released, which motivates you to look at changing your driver)

#2 pure cost. Sooo expensive so you want to break it up over a period of time.

#3 generally you are happy with something in your bag, so why would you change everything at once?

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

It's been over 2 years for me. I'm due. My goal is to have a completely new set up (except for my putter) by July.

Hmm...early on in THP it was quite more frequent for me. Now a days it might not for a long time unless certain clubs come from THP events. My irons, 4ish hybrid, and driver are fairly planted unless I were to get into an event to replace them. Just don’t feel like spending the money on those spots right now.

I did it 8 years ago.... would love to do it over again this season.....

It's been just over a year for me. I expect it to start the same for at least the next 3 years. Although I'll probably have to change my wedges before then. New equipment is nice, but it really doesn't do much for me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I was heading for a new setup a little over two years ago when I got hurt. Looking at getting back into the game fully this year, so will reload the entire bag in 2020.

Outside of a couple of clubs that have had staying power my bag has usually been turned over yearly. I don't foresee completely turning my bag over in the next couple of years though.

I am going on 15 years since my last full bag overhaul. I think it is about time I did again but unless I win or golden ticket a trip it might be a little while before I can get new clubs. My wife said something about the family needing to eat.

How often do you think your full bag gets made over? Meaning every club is changed at one time interval, since obviously most don't do it all at once. Except at THP Events, where some come with full bags of equipment.
Other than the one THP event I was a part of with a full bag, never. I always seem to buy 1 piece at a time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well thanks to the F9 line, not long.

I seem to change out driver and my woods every couple of years. My wedges about 3. My irons lasted 4 years last time from staffproto.

Overall I think 4 years is good with tech advances.

It’s expensive but it’s so much fun getting new gear.

I’ve never put in all new clubs at once. The most I’ve done at one time was 1-P when I got my first newish irons years ago. I did 4-W another time.

Wedges get replaced the most. Usually once a year to keep the grooves pretty fresh. Irons I haven’t replaced in a long time (i20’s) but think about it often but they’re pricy to replace.

Currently on a 2 year cycle, irons and wedges pretty much dictate how long that cycle is. I may tinker with other clubs but it usually takes a couple years before I find something that makes it worth the change.

Thanks to THP I can say every 2 years.
If THP wasn't making it rain constantly, I'd be closer to 6 years probably.

Tough question...

Guess what stays the longest are fairway woods. Honestly I don't have an urgent need to replace them, but they're the only items I've had more than 2 years. A great fitting iron set could also last me 3 years tops. So I guess 3 years is more or less the best answer I can give.

Back