How to spend my winnings ?

lanoxrehab

Reaction score
Handicap
Took second place at a golf tournament. Final day was played at a Country Club in St. George and I got $162 in credits I have to spend there. Can't use for golfing because I'm not a "member" so need to spend it in the Pro shop.

I love my clubs and wouldn't replace any club in the bag (well maybe a Scotty, but that's going to be an extra $200). Don't really need $162 in new golf balls, clothes ? I got 20 golf shirts a dozen hats, three pairs of golf shoes.

Contemplating my situation I have come to the realization....I don't need anything. Wow.

Any ideas of what to buy ? I know it's good problem to have.

Buy high end balls (ProV’s, CS, etc) and sell them on the forum here. You can usually approach retail with these because there’s no way to buy ProV’s cheap. Probably recoup 75% of value. Then use that money for greens fees, taking the wife to dinner, etc. I’d buy 3 dozen yellow AVX’s for 100-110 bucks, for example, any day of the week. Just because they’re my favorite and other than buying used, I’m looking at 47.99 a dozen other than the once or twice a year were they do a buy 3 get 1 free.

Or buy something a youth golf organization can use and donate it to them. It won’t net you anything but it’ll make you feel good:)

1) buy something you wouldn't normally buy, like the scotty.. $200 oop isn't as bad as 350 oop

2) maybe they can order something for you, like a rangefinder if you need or a duplicate of your favorite club just in case, new wedge for next year, etc

3) sell it to a member for like $150, cash in your pocket and they get a little bonus

Congrats on the win tho!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Does it expire? Will they ship to your home? If yes, just hang on to it, you'll need something eventually.

New bag?

Got two bags already.

Thanks everybody. Range finder, never thought of that. I play with guys all the time that use them. Me, I'm just 'looks like a 7 iron to me'. With all the freaking snow this year in Salt Lake, maybe buy a winter snow suit... Wife would like the dinner idea too

It would be nice if you could use it in the restaurant, then you could treat yourself to a terrific meal.

I was going to go with the sell it for like 125-150 to a member. You get cash, he gets credit and everyone is happy.

You said you wouldn't replace anything in your bag, but what about a new bag to put those weapons in?

Faced with the same situation, I'd probably let my wife go to town!

If you can order something to get shipped to the pro shop, how about an Arccos system? Tracking your game is fun and Arccos provides a ton of insight.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back