Another funny Phil story

That's too great. So was Jake Owen trying to be funny or is he just a jerk? I could see giving Phil a rib poke or a little smart ass comment after how horrible the match was but getting in his face and demanding $32 just seems rude. I couldn't tell by the way he was telling the story which it was.

drunk and being funny. from what i’ve heard everyone was laughing and it was just guys giving each other a hard time. the media took this the complete wrong direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

drunk and being funny. from what i’ve heard everyone was laughing and it was just guys giving each other a hard time. the media took this the complete wrong direction.

Shocker there

I listened to it and only fun jawing came to mind, not actual hostility.

The media loves making successful people look like big jerks.

Shocker there

I listened to it and only fun jawing came to mind, not actual hostility.

The media loves making successful people look like big jerks.

my mom came into my office yesterday and said, "jake owen is such a jerk. did you hear what he did to phil mickelson in front of a bunch of people at jordan spieth's wedding? he really showed his true colors." she knows nothing about golf, but she listens to entertainment-based morning talk radio. when i read the story on espn, they even said phil and jake put their differences aside and played together in some pro am. differences? that's not even close to be being true.

my personal opinion is that jake should not have told this story. i get that it was fine in the setting of that interview, but his audience is so much bigger than barstool's audience.

my mom came into my office yesterday and said, "jake owen is such a jerk. did you hear what he did to phil mickelson in front of a bunch of people at jordan spieth's wedding? he really showed his true colors." she knows nothing about golf, but she listens to entertainment-based morning talk radio. when i read the story on espn, they even said phil and jake put their differences aside and played together in some pro am. differences? that's not even close to be being true.

my personal opinion is that jake should not have told this story. i get that it was fine in the setting of that interview, but his audience is so much bigger than barstool's audience.

Ugh. This is why we don’t get to hear these stories from professional athletes and the like. I hate you, media. So much. Literally take the fun out of everything.

Back