Contest: 2019 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have been on this forum for any period of time, you have seen mention of the Grandaddy. The greatest amateur event ever created. The 2019 edition is coming and we have a captain and assistant captain, but need a full team of 11 THPers. This is contest #1 and you could be joining them.

It is an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

What's Included

Airfare
Hotels
Club Fitting at ECPC
Full bag of clubs
Tour Callaway
Meet R&D
Play Golf against the Zoo Crew (Callaway Marketing team)
Play at one of the finest courses you will ever step foot on
And so much more its ridiculous
And you can be part of Team THP

The Contest
Your Friend...

Qualifying
You must be a 2019 Albatross Club Member to enter. The club is open to anybody and helps benefit a wonderful charity. Details here.

How to Enter
Watch this video with DNevs, JRod and Jeff Neubarth.

Then watch this video with instructions.

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to watch both of these short videos and then enter below.

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open until early next week.

I'll be checking out these videos after work, pumped for the contests starting!

And so it begins!! Good luck to everyone!!

Entry: I am fortune to be able to play with @T0AD a great deal. We always have great banter, the golf is good...most of the time. And quite frankly between Sean falling down, his meltdowns and amazing shot making ability there are no dull moments at all.

Hell yes!!! I love this contest idea and I can’t wait to read these entries.... and we need to get #BringBackJohnny trending!

Good luck everyone

Watched the videos and have my guy picked out. I will be hammering out my fifty word ticket to the big dance in the next day or two. So excited for the Grandaddy contest's beginning. My name not being called last year still stings a little bit, I am going all out this year to join in the fun.

Official Entry:
I love playing golf with my buddy Will. Why? We laugh, we gamble, we play quick, and there is no drama after bad shots! That's a perfect golf partner!

boom. entry forthcoming. #BringBackJohnny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Contest: 2019 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

And so it begins!!

This will be a kick a** ride reading all the contest entries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love this contest! Getting back to basics. Let's go!!!

Official Entry:

Though it has only happened a few times, I love playing golf with @mikedean441. The banter is priceless and he does not take himself too seriously. The Epic best ball 98 with @ddec was a sight to behold and the play-by-play provided by Mike induced non-stop laughter.

Last edited:
This was more difficult than I initially thought! Anyways, here my official entry:

I would probably say that I don’t have one specific person I love to play golf with, just love playing golf with my friends. But if I will choose one, it would be the brother-in-law (also a THPer) as we can discuss our in-laws without any harm on the course.

I love my THP family but my favorite person to play golf with is my brother. He’s currently serving in the Navy but anytime he comes to visit from Virginia, we are playing a round of golf somewhere!! It’s hard to beat quality time with your bro! Love you, Jim!

This is so sick. Look forward to all of the answers. Going to be sitting the first contest or two out until I get the whole child thing figured out. So goodluck to all of those entering.

Thanks for the opportunity, awesome contest!Cute lovefest between the lads.

Entry:
I love playing golf with my dad; it’s so rewarding to be able to shut everything else off and just enjoy someone’s company. We play games, give each other tips if we need, and talk about my gramps that taught us this game. And that’s what golf is all about.

Keep em coming fellas! Man these contests get me excited. Cool little videos as well! Man I miss the Callaway guys! Singles day with @VelardoCG was one of the most memorable rounds of my life!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Alright let's kick this off!!! Difficult to keep the 50 word limit but here goes:

My buddies are spread across NJ, some have kids or weird schedules, but we try and meet up halfway at least once a month. When I golf single, I join the old guys who bust each others' balls. Chill vibes, some drinks, and good company will make for a great round.

/Entry.. Thanks for the opportunity, good luck everyone!

Speaking of getting out with THPers, shout out to Bill, Brian, and Chris, hoping we get to line up a real round soon!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I love seeing this pop up in there morning! Those were some fun videos and a really cool contest. Good luck everyone!

Man, I have no idea how a 1:07 long video can spark so many memories but holy **** that just did. I argued back n froth about putting in for this years team but efff it, theres no way I cant enter

The love fest between those 3 is real! Haha

Entry:

I haven’t played a bad round of golf with anyone on THP. It’s the nature of this place. But I love playing golf with Jman as it’s crazy fun to play out of his bag as there is always something fun. And a sub 3hr round is OK by me!

Official Entry:

I love playing golf with my nephew Bryant. From the banter to the comradery we always have a good time. Its always nice to catch up and see how college at Auburn University(War Damn Eagle) is going. I've watched the kid grow up, he's like a son to me.

Official Entry:

I love playing golf with @OhioGolfer because he is better than me. He challenges me to be a better golfer when we play. Secondly, it’s nice to have that person to talk to when things aren’t going perfect at home/work. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, I can out drive him.

Last edited:
This is cool been following the Grandaddy for a couple of years now. Would be really cool to get to go.

Official Entry,

I play rounds with my friend Eric. I have just moved back to were we can play together again so we have a good time, we are about the same skill level. It makes rounds fun and enjoyable because we can laugh at how bad we truly can be. #bringbackjohnny

Thanks for the opportunity, awesome contest!Cute lovefest between the lads.

Entry:
I love playing golf with my dad; it’s so rewarding to be able to shut everything else off and just enjoy someone’s company. We play games, give each other tips if we need, and talk about my gramps that taught us this game. And that’s what golf is all about.

Love this entry dude. I value the rounds I got to enjoy with my dad over any others. Great to see you with this perspective while having that privilege.

JB, that love fest vid is probably the most entertaining piece THP has produced. Looks like that Neubarth dude is pretty good at what he does. Sucks about the audio issues as your # was being distributed though. Hope you get that cleaned up for future vids

Add another vote for Jrod back in a THP event, Grandaddy maybe???

Official entry:
Let me tell you about my friend Jason, no matter what is going on in life, no matter the weather, if we hit each other up and say “GOLF?” the other is always on board. And it couldn’t be more fun, easy going, no pressure, just playing golf!

Official Entry:

Golf is too special of a sport to pigeon hole just one person who I love to play with. Golf allows us to play across generations, my usual group, people from across the country, thpers, or even drinking buddies, my coworkers. Golf is about making friends and loving the journey.

Back