Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

Perhaps W/S should invite their own reps to the THP event this October. It is strange when the customer is more jacked up than some of the sales force.

I am going to make some lucky right hand players day ! While in Palm Desert ca. I was checking out the Pga tour super store there. I noticed a set of used of Wilson C200 irons with graphite shafts , they appeared to be in very good condition , I couldn't find a price on them but they were either 299.95 or 399.95 .Either way heck of a deal , if they were lh I would have looked closer and likely bought them , anyway thought I would pass the info along.
gb

I am going to make some lucky right hand players day ! While in Palm Desert ca. I was checking out the Pga tour super store there. I noticed a set of used of Wilson C200 irons with graphite shafts , they appeared to be in very good condition , I couldn't find a price on them but they were either 299.95 or 399.95 .Either way heck of a deal , if they were lh I would have looked closer and likely bought them , anyway thought I would pass the info along.
gb

On this release? That is one heckuva mark down.

On this release? That is one heckuva mark down.

Might be too new to have values and they're using the C100 values. It also means whoever traded them in got a short deal.

Superstore has a 90 return for full refund , perhaps it was a return ,can't sell them as new .
gb

Still seems like an incredible write down. Most of the time on new releases playability returns I'm seeing much healthier pricing for the retailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made a trip to a multi vendor demo day put on by a local retailer (Koosa Golf) at a driving range. I gave the C200 irons a try. I've been playing Wilson D100ES irons with steel shafts, regular flex for the last two years.

I had a great experience at the demo day. The local Wilson rep let me take my time and I spent about 1 1/2 hour getting exactly what I wanted. At the end of the demo, I was down to the C200 with either the steel or graphite shaft in regular flex. Surprisingly, I tried the A flex and got great results. I got much better feel and the 5i shots were better than I have ever hit. I ended up placing an order for a set made up of 5i-Gap with the Aldila Rogue Pro graphite A flex shafts. I can't wait for them to get here.

I made a trip to a multi vendor demo day put on by a local retailer (Koosa Golf) at a driving range. I gave the C200 irons a try. I've been playing Wilson D100ES irons with steel shafts, regular flex for the last two years.

I had a great experience at the demo day. The local Wilson rep let me take my time and I spent about 1 1/2 hour getting exactly what I wanted. At the end of the demo, I was down to the C200 with either the steel or graphite shaft in regular flex. Surprisingly, I tried the A flex and got great results. I got much better feel and the 5i shots were better than I have ever hit. I ended up placing an order for a set made up of 5i-Gap with the Aldila Rogue Pro graphite A flex shafts. I can't wait for them to get here.
Glad you had a great experience & found a head/shaft pairing that works for you.

I was able to play my new c200s Saturdays and Sunday and loved them. They are taking a little getting used to from my MT 588s, but comparing the two is night and day. I can't wait to start playing more consistent once the weather breaks to really get a feel for these bad boys

I was out again on Sunday with these. It was windy and cold, so the extra layers probably restricted my swing a bit...but I still felt really good with these. I was killing my driver so I was limited again with the long irons, but I feel really confident with clubs 6 - GW. I'm still amazed by the feedback these clubs give on really solid contact. Even mishits are forgiving. I'm really excited to get the season started with these clubs. It's even got me confident enough to join my first golf league.

I was out again on Sunday with these. It was windy and cold, so the extra layers probably restricted my swing a bit...but I still felt really good with these. I was killing my driver so I was limited again with the long irons, but I feel really confident with clubs 6 - GW. I'm still amazed by the feedback these clubs give on really solid contact. Even mishits are forgiving. I'm really excited to get the season started with these clubs. It's even got me confident enough to join my first golf league.

Sunday was a pretty good day, but March golf in WI can be iffy depending on the course (and day; you know how it is here). Glad you had some good results so far. I have yet to go out, but hopefully soon, looking to be more consistent on hitting and holding the greens with these this year.

I signed up to demo the C200's in 2 weeks. Really looking forward to this! If all goes well, I'll check out the demo program too, but I'll probably wait until school's out so I can cram in a lot more rounds with them.

Another round in with these bad boys. Not my best day swing wise but these masked some of that. The long irons continue to shine for me. Might be the best 5I ive been able to hit well consistently out of the last few sets ive owned.

Last edited:
Looking forward to trying these, soon!

I got mine out for another round this year. Overall these still perform so good for me. Had a couple hiccups early on but by no means was that the clubs fault. Can't wait to get a dry round up here

I've played 3 rounds and hit the range with my new C200's, and all I can say is WOW what a set of clubs.

My CC started to do business with W/S. Talked to them about my #StaffProto experience and they were awed. Several people interested in getting these clubs ... told them they could hit mine to confirm just how solid they are.

I hit the 7 iron today during my fitting and liked the club. It didn't work out for me, but when I did hit it well the numbers were great. I didn't even notice the slots while I was swinging the club. Maybe that was from the reviews knowing that it is something that was easy to get used too. I just wish my dispersion was better with this club.

Any of you guys compare this with Srixon Z545?

Any of you guys compare this with Srixon Z545?
Ive owned both.
Both are solid iron sets...these were longer and more forgiving low ln fsce and slightly more on the toe. Also dont feel as head heavy as the 545s did to me.

I demo'ed the C200 irons Friday at a Wilson/Staff fitting. I was really impressed with how easy it was to hit these! Every decent swing resulted in a ball that seemed to fly miles high, but with pretty good distance. I think my normal 6i is around 135-145, and these were going at least that. But the ball height looked more like one of my wedges. I can imagine that these irons would be awesome for sticking approach shots close when they drop out of the sky at that angle!

I hit a few shots with the KBS Tour 90 shaft, and it felt fine, but after I switched to the Rogue Pro (R), swings seemed effortless & felt great all the way through the shot. The sound at impact was great. The looks (holes filled with polymer) never bothered me – I actually never really looked at them or noticed them at all during each swing.

The only disappointing thing about the whole fitting is there was no Trackman or other swing analyzer, so I don’t have any idea how far my average 6 iron was going with the C200’s (Taylormade, Ping & Titleist all had Trackmans or some other monitors set up).

If you haven’t tried these irons yet, I highly recommend taking them out for a spin. I plan on sampling a few clubs once the school year is over!

I went into the golf store today to sell a set that my wife no longer use. Golfsmith had 50% trade in deal so I wanted to see if I can grab a RSI 1 or M2 for cheap. Ends up not liking both and the associate told me they are doing a wilson event to demo, if you don't like it you'll get a sleeve of balls for free. So why not I said, went to grab their 7i, funky little thing. We had trackman in this Golfsmith and I have my i25 7 iron to compare to. The flush hit feels VERY similar to my i25 but the distance is on average a 7-11 yards difference. The grouping was also very simlar if not closer, bought a set right then and there. 4-AW, they also said there will be a free wedge sent to me later for purchasing the set.

Did not think I'd end the day with a Wilson today it was totally a great surprise. Will update on how they perform on actual turf.

I went into the golf store today to sell a set that my wife no longer use. Golfsmith had 50% trade in deal so I wanted to see if I can grab a RSI 1 or M2 for cheap. Ends up not liking both and the associate told me they are doing a wilson event to demo, if you don't like it you'll get a sleeve of balls for free. So why not I said, went to grab their 7i, funky little thing. We had trackman in this Golfsmith and I have my i25 7 iron to compare to. The flush hit feels VERY similar to my i25 but the distance is on average a 7-11 yards difference. The grouping was also very simlar if not closer, bought a set right then and there. 4-AW, they also said there will be a free wedge sent to me later for purchasing the set.

Did not think I'd end the day with a Wilson today it was totally a great surprise. Will update on how they perform on actual turf.

Congrats on the new sticks! I think you're going to enjoy them out on the course. The set gap wedge is an absolute weapon. IMHO it's the best club in the set.

Back