Just try not to make the mistake of buying 1000 2 3/4 inch tees by accident instead of 3 1/4 inch ones.

I use the "4 more yards" tees.
I use the yellow 2-3/4"
Just push it in till it gently stops and never have to think about it always the exact same.
Because its larger than normal its also easier to find "if" it pops out post swing.
They seem to last for ever. I never broke or wore one out and the only time I replace one is because I forgot it on the last tee.
And most important, they do actually give you 4 more yards :egyptian:
tees_zps7mxrrvu7.jpg

I had the same tee height for years. Someone convinced me last year to adjust and it took me months to get my consistency back. Tee height is no joke. But it is but part of the equation in the golf swing.

I had the same tee height for years. Someone convinced me last year to adjust and it took me months to get my consistency back. Tee height is no joke. But it is but part of the equation in the golf swing.

Yes agree, and my tee height is about the most consistent part of my game :)

If you don't mind my asking, what have you settled on now? Same height as before, same height but different or adjust for different shots (given a particular club)?

If you don't mind my asking, what have you settled on now? Same height as before, same height but different or adjust for different shots (given a particular club)?

Don't mind at all. I went back to 1/2 the ball above the crown of my driver and mini driver. Fairway woods, hybrids and irons all used to be pegged all the way to the ground, just the top of tee showing. Only my irons are setup this way now.

My usual mishit is high on the face close to the heel, so I usually tee the ball low, right at or under the sweet spot for driver.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Definitely something to a consistent tee height really like the THP epoch tees for this

Same here. I leave 2 green lines showing and that gets the ball pretty close to half above the crown.

I use the Lignum Tees (3 1/8") which have rings on them to determine the height, and I highlight the ring I want touching the ground with a black marker. I tee it up quite high, as it helps me hitting the ball in the upswing.

Don't mind at all. I went back to 1/2 the ball above the crown of my driver and mini driver. Fairway woods, hybrids and irons all used to be pegged all the way to the ground, just the top of tee showing. Only my irons are setup this way now.

So your hybrids have half the ball above the crown? Interesting what do you like about it? I might need to give this a try.

I use the "4 more yards" tees.
I use the yellow 2-3/4"
Just push it in till it gently stops and never have to think about it always the exact same.
Because its larger than normal its also easier to find "if" it pops out post swing.
They seem to last for ever. I never broke or wore one out and the only time I replace one is because I forgot it on the last tee.
And most important, they do actually give you 4 more yards :egyptian:
tees_zps7mxrrvu7.jpg

I like the 4 more yards tee, yesterday at golfsmith I bought these
http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30...tance-3-1-4-launch-ctrl-stripe-tees-50-count-

I have a concern that when the ball leaves the tee do the contact points of the tee impart drag on the ball, were it could make the spin alter?...your thoughts...

So your hybrids have half the ball above the crown? Interesting what do you like about it? I might need to give this a try.

I try to tee the ball where the club face will come thru at impact. Since I rarely take a divot off the tee with the Woods and hybrids I get it teed at a level where I am getting max sweet spot contact.

I try to tee the ball where the club face will come thru at impact. Since I rarely take a divot off the tee with the Woods and hybrids I get it teed at a level where I am getting max sweet spot contact.

Well if it's good enough for the Panda I might as well give it a try.

Well if it's good enough for the Panda I might as well give it a try.

I keep telling people my game is smoke and mirrors...lol

But seriously play with tee heights and see what you get. I tee the driver low when I want a low cut shot. Tee it high down wind and standard for everything else.

I try to have 1/2 to 3/4 of the ball above the driver head. Really helps me hit the driver with an upward angle. Irons, just the tee head out of the ground. Hybrids, ball even with the top of the hybrids. It may not be correct but it works for me!!

I like the 4 more yards tee, yesterday at golfsmith I bought these
http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30...tance-3-1-4-launch-ctrl-stripe-tees-50-count-

I have a concern that when the ball leaves the tee do the contact points of the tee impart drag on the ball, were it could make the spin alter?...your thoughts...

They are very flexible. Basically the whole top half flexes as well as the tips also being soft and flexible. They claim (via testing) that the whole design causes less resistance (or any interference) vs a standard tee. Hence the name "4moreyrds". All I can say is that I have never broken one nor wore one down due to the easily flexed tips/tops. But as said I simply set it and forget it as Im always same height.

Those brush tees are a croc. The consistency which comes from teeing at the same height every time is critical, but the brushes.... Do nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those brush tees are a croc. The consistency which comes from teeing at the same height every time is critical, but the brushes.... Do nothing.

I tried those a few years ago and didn't like them. I thought the brushes became weak and frayed rather quickly. But that being said, I don't really understand why they are a croc nor do nothing. I mean its only a tee. They did maintain a consistent height (at least till they worn) but what else would you have expected them to do?

I use the THP Epoch tee's and use the lines on them to get a consistent height.

I tried those a few years ago and didn't like them. I thought the brushes became weak and frayed rather quickly. But that being said, I don't really understand why they are a croc nor do nothing. I mean its only a tee. They did maintain a consistent height (at least till they worn) but what else would you have expected them to do?

The golf industry creates new equipment every other week, all in the name of making a buck and this is no different. The brushes are suppose to reduce the friction or something like that, but it's so minimal that it is virtually unnoticeable. They are a joke/novelty item, at best.

The proclamations that some golf companies can get away with are crazy, but people still eat it up!

The golf industry creates new equipment every other week, all in the name of making a buck and this is no different. The brushes are suppose to reduce the friction or something like that, but it's so minimal that it is virtually unnoticeable. They are a joke/novelty item, at best.

The proclamations that some golf companies can get away with are crazy, but people still eat it up!

fwiw its very hard to find much info about what effects any tees have on the strike or the ball. But there are several tees that claim there's reduces friction (or I guess perhaps better said - interference). I honestly don't know if a standard tee has any real world measurable effect on the ball anyway. But it would stand to logic that the the easier a tee flexes would then probably help minimize friction. To what degree? who really know? But as minimal as any of it might be there is also another important side of golf and that imo is that we all must be happy with what we are using. Whether we like the look, or for any convenience reasons, or simply just what someone likes for no real reason at all, its all good when one feels even a tiny bit better about anything at all.

That said, does anyone gain anything from those brush tees that you feel are a croc? As long as it makes one happy to use one, then I say yes because it relates in their head and that's all that is really important.

I have never bought a tee for "increased yardage". I have bought them for durability and consistent height. I have used the brush tees but they do wear down. Not as fast as a wooden tee, but faster than an Epoch.

I use 4 yards more tees for the sole purpose that I tee the ball up at the same height every time.

I use martini tees for two reasons, they are extremely durable, and they are easy to set the ball on and hold it in place.

as for tee height, my current height for driver is top of tee right at the second knuckle of my right index finger (slightly less than two inches) it worked for me all last year and seems to still be working well this year so far.

Ever since the evolution of big driver heads I have had an issue with setting tee height for driver. I used to have a simple ball in the palm, hold the tee with two fingers extended to the first knuckle and stick the tee in, which still works for three wood.
Now I use the Epoch tees. Their web site has a recommended height for your driver even but for me as long as its consistent it seems to help.

Back