Who is Masters Favorite?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Last year you could legitimately make the case it was Tiger and Phil as both were coming in playing well. This year who is the favorite?
Rory? Players seemed to give him that spark back after falling flat a number of times?

Then you have a host of players like DJ, Rose, JT and Koepka that seem to be getting some action.
Spieth always plays well at Augusta National, despite struggling as of late.

Who is the favorite this year?

I think it should be Molinari - I think he is playing the best right now and can obviously handle the pressure of a major!

Right now I'd say Rory, but it's really close with a few others, so I might give a different answer tomorrow.

It seems like the favorite usually doesn’t play up to the expectations. There’s usually a surprise or a relatively “unknown” player that plays well for the tournament. With that said, if I’m picking amongst the traditional favorites , I’ll go with Rory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve gotta say Rory or Molinari should be. But given his history and he’s currently playing well enough, if I was putting my money on anyone it would be Tiger. I think he breaks through here. He’s got to cut out that one really bad hole that he seems to have every tournament, and if he does I think he’s in that final group Sunday. If he’s in that final group, I don’t think anyone is capable of overcoming that mental hurdle except Molinari.

At any rate, can’t wait!

All about tough questions today. I'd say Rory, but I don't fully trust him. Not sure he can take advantage of the par 5s the way he should and will need to in order to win at Augusta. Odds on though, I guess it's him.

I'd definitely say Rory based on play so far this year.

For his sake, I just hope he doesn't have a Sunday pairing with Tiger.

Recent form my top three would be
DJ
Molinari
Fleetwood

I like Rory, but something just feels off when he plays at Augusta. Spieth is interesting because I want to see if this place can spark something in his game and free him up to play.

Kisner is solid right now and definitely can handle pressure

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I like Fleetwood and Molinari right now.

Rory imo. DJ maybe should be, but all else being equal (between these 2 it is) I think Augusta favors a draw over a fade. My mid tier guy is Molinari. His iron game is so sharp and he can really make some long putts at times too. Phil will be a factor as well because his fade goes in the right direction LOL!

I like Fleetwood and Molinari right now.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If Rory was putting better, then he might be. But his putting hasn't been the best in the clutch

Rory - if his putter gets hot
Spieth - if he could avoid the 2 blow up holes a round
DJ - If he stays at a house without stairs
Molinari - Needs to take advantage of this playing streak he's on right now...doesn't last forever!
Rose - Sort of shocked he hasn't won this yet........yet.
Tiger - He's not the Tiger of old but I think he's playing well enough to win it right now

Wildcard - Finau - Only a matter of time.

Rory.. He's got a chip on his shoulder and is playing well but the question is whether the moment overwhelm him once again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rory - Putter comes alive and he's dangerous, recent winner
Kisner - Solid putter, right shot shape for the course, steady player recent winner
Molinari - Right shot shape for the course, recent winner

Bubba and Spieth usually find a way to play well here
Kuchar is having the season of his career right now

DJ, Dechambeau, Fowler have all been in form this season. Fleetwood needs to figure out his Saturday scoring.

Rose I haven't seen play well since his win.

My top 3 are all Euros: McIlroy, Rose, and Casey. DJ and Mickelson are close behind.

I would pick either Molinari or Rose. Molinari based on this year, and Rose based on his track record at Augusta.

It is Rory's time

Not Rory for me, his putter is too inconsistent, but he'll be on the leaderboard.

Tiger for sure, but I like Molinari, Fleetwood, DJ, there is no clear favorite IMO, many are in the mix.

Rory and Molinari I would say are the favorites going in. Can't dismiss Koepka because it is a major or Rose because of his form and history at Augusta.

I like Rory's chances of finishing the career slam.

I think Rory has three most hype around him with his recent performances but his putting does not seem ready for Augusta greens.

Molinari is a pretty strong pick with his really consistent play.

It's Rory for me, shocker, I know.

He's been an average putter this year and is above average in avoiding 3-putts. Given his top-10's here in the past with poor putting, if he can just be average, I think he'll be wearing the green jacket.

Kevin Na. Joking a little, but only a little. The man seems to have tamed his swing demons from a few years ago and is playing very well.

DJ. His game hasn't changed, he doesn't let the moment overwhelm him, and he has the length to dominate the course.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back