GForce Golf Training Aid: THP Review Thread

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
The GForce SW and 7 iron training aids came in yesterday for review. This is a very interesting product and one I am actually really looking forward to trying because I feel like it is something that can help me out. Before getting up a bunch of pictures and thoughts, I wanted to have a bit of fun, so here is a quick introduction to get this party started.

• Staff
reserving for pics and initial thoughts

It is art like this that have made you into an equipment reviewer extraordinaire. Well done, if ever so slightly erring on the side of suggestive with the shaft waggle.

This intro is almost enough for me to want to buy the training aid

• Staff
It is art like this that have made you into an equipment reviewer extraordinaire. Well done, if ever so slightly erring on the side of suggestive with the shaft waggle.

This intro is almost enough for me to want to buy the training aid

haha thanks. Just wanted to throw up something a bit different. I think there is a bit of a good storyline to this product. I know it's a quick review process on it, but we shall see how well it works out in the short term, and if there is plenty of merit to it over time. I do feel like this is an item that can do some good for me as I am a person who struggles with tempo and transition. Taking some swings in the back yard with it last night, there is certainly a some instant feedback when at the top when I am too quick.

• Staff
Quick thought: I had been taking some swings with the SW and after a while thought that it wasn't too bad. Well late last night I took out the 7 iron and oh man is there a lot more bend to that shaft. I probably should have expected it, but I was kind of blown away. Makes me want to take a swipe with the driver. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Really curious how that handles lagging the heck out of it. Will it hold up or just snap in half?

Interesting. Looking forward to your review.

• Staff
Really curious how that handles lagging the heck out of it. Will it hold up or just snap in half?

I tried to go hulk on it and bend it like crazy, but I'm weak.

I tried to go hulk on it and bend it like crazy, but I'm weak.

Might be a fun way for you to learn how to load the club then. I can see a ton of low bullets coming your way haha

Might be a fun way for you to learn how to load the club then. I can see a ton of low bullets coming your way haha

I'm game with that

I've been swinging these constantly, but yet to try and hit a ball with them. While on the course today I was trying to remember that feeling I get at the top of the swing, and sometimes I did, other times I fell back to my normal tendencies. Old habits are hard to break.

I've been swinging these constantly, but yet to try and hit a ball with them. While on the course today I was trying to remember that feeling I get at the top of the swing, and sometimes I did, other times I fell back to my normal tendencies. Old habits are hard to break.

Tryin for the whole pause at the top and let it rip?

Tryin for the whole pause at the top and let it rip?

It feels like a pause, but just trying to not rush, if that makes sense.

It feels like a pause, but just trying to not rush, if that makes sense.

It does, just lettin gravity take over

Better late than never - I’m just seeing this and watching the marathon video from the creator. Seems like it is well thought out and I’m excited to learn more.

I have a ton of the problems he is detailing.

Whoa, I hit some balls with this on the course the other day to show my pops what it did. Hitting in at a range is one thing, hitting in on the course and seeing a ball shoot 60 yards right of a green is another haha

You want a reminder of being an amateur golfer with temp issues? Try hitting 5 shots in a row that resemble each other with this thing. It's a bit harder than it looks. Esp because once you hit 3-4 good ones, the temptation to go at it a bit more is there, and then all hell breaks loose.

Marking this to come back and watch the video when I get out of work...

Marking this to come back and watch the video when I get out of work...

eh the video isn't anything special, just something different and fun to introduce the product haha

I need to have Jenn come out with me one night and shoot video of me actually hitting it, because some times it's wild, and other times I feel like Ernie Els.

eh the video isn't anything special, just something different and fun to introduce the product haha

I need to have Jenn come out with me one night and shoot video of me actually hitting it, because some times it's wild, and other times I feel like Ernie Els.

Well unfortunately I can't see what the thing even looks like haha. From the way you're describing it I'm thinking Medicus type club that hinges to help with tempo, but I could be wrong....

Phew..about a 0% chance I’d be able to hit anything straight with this thing. It makes sense but boy is this one area that I struggle with. Looking forward to the rest of your thoughts here ddec!

Phew..about a 0% chance I’d be able to hit anything straight with this thing. It makes sense but boy is this one area that I struggle with. Looking forward to the rest of your thoughts here ddec!

Ball striker like you? I have faith.

I can’t tell if it is expensive or cheap for what it is. Either way, I want to try it once or twice to see if I could get the hang of it. Smart money says I cannot.

I think my favorite thing with these is using the wedge in a short game area or trying to just hit pitch shots. Pitches are something I really used to struggle with because I would stop rotating and really slow the club down through impact. This thing makes those moves nearly impossible which is great. Even took some bunker shots, but once some other came to that area I needed to stop, didn't want to kill anyone.

I think my favorite thing with these is using the wedge in a short game area or trying to just hit pitch shots. Pitches are something I really used to struggle with because I would stop rotating and really slow the club down through impact. This thing makes those moves nearly impossible which is great. Even took some bunker shots, but once some other came to that area I needed to stop, didn't want to kill anyone.

Oh man, I bet that thing would be amazing with half yard wedge shots. You can't slow down or you'll just chunk it or hit pulls.

Oh man, I bet that thing would be amazing with half yard wedge shots. You can't slow down or you'll just chunk it or hit pulls.

even better, you slow down the hands and that thing kicks forward and twists like crazy. Not only is it flexible, but it's super torquey.

Back