Status
Not open for further replies.

I think when you begin by calling people stupid there is no possible outcome other then offending them.
I’m one of those “stupid” people who spent a few grand on a puppy. We legitimately tried the rescue route twice and both times punted after 2 week trials. The dogs had real issues and were traumatizing our existing dog. I recognize there are a lot of good dogs in shelters but there are also some that are beyond help. For us, we had a checklist and couldn’t put the check in every box with a rescue.
To each their own man, do whatever you want. Oh and I never called anyone stupid, I called the process stupid. To me you just didn't try hard enough or look enough places. There's a million shelters out there and I looked through quite a few before finding the right one. Once again if you want to spend thousands to avoid the search that's your choice. I'll never agree with it

To each their own man, do whatever you want. Oh and I never called anyone stupid, I called the process stupid. To me you just didn't try hard enough or look enough places. There's a million shelters out there and I looked through quite a few before finding the right one. Once again if you want to spend thousands to avoid the search that's your choice. I'll never agree with it

Please don't preach to me about trying. I appreciate your willing to allow me to make the right choice for my family then while simultaneously extolling how we failed. Your open mindedness is commendable.

I appreciate your idealistic POV. I need to go feed my unicorn now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im with you. Damn to breeders everywhere. Too many wonderful lovable animals need homes.
People can do what they want, but I will never pay for a dog when so many need rescued.
I agree, Every animal I have ever had, including my little yorkiee poo, were shelter dogs, I got lucky in finding her as a puppy in the shelter, and maybe I'll get lucky with a pomsky as well. way to many dogs that need homes. I was just pointing out that pomskies are my favorite dog, and just wishing they weren't so damn expsnive

Please don't preach to me about trying. I appreciate your willing to allow me to make the right choice for my family then while simultaneously extolling how we failed. Your open mindedness is commendable.

I appreciate your idealistic POV. I need to go feed my unicorn now.

Lol good god man I should of known better than to bring it up. Have a nice day, I'm out.

It's been a long couple weeks at work with a lot of travel and a few studies ramping up, so I've been running around a lot. I came home today and this guy was sitting here waiting for me.

3c5d901af580160d36b6fd36f277bf8c.jpg

After a walk around the block and chasing his ball in the back yard, all seems right in the world.

Yeah no offense to anyone but that's just stupid. There's wayyyyyy too many incredible dogs in shelters that need homes for me to EVER consider buying one. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth just thinking about it. Just my opinion tho.

I hope you understand that the money I am talking about is the adoption fee.

As for me and my family, we will adopt......always and forever.

JM

Since Arrow has so much puppy in him still I have started to take him on super long walks when I get home from the gym. I figure it's good for him, good for me, and I am already gross and sweaty.

I would say the walks have been a success.

744bef6a61561fec29d004f28913f922.jpg

Since Arrow has so much puppy in him still I have started to take him on super long walks when I get home from the gym. I figure it's good for him, good for me, and I am already gross and sweaty.

I would say the walks have been a success.

744bef6a61561fec29d004f28913f922.jpg

My wife does the same exact thing, she works out for an hour then walks the dogs, then everyone is ready for some quiet time.

Missed these guys while I was gone. Always awesome to come home and have them go crazy when I walk in the door

41b465e4f6bed1d2e826a066139a9a5d.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Lucy is ready for St. Patrick's Day already.

ee968d969a81da4910ba2916711e8ad3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I miss my little guy

So we have twice the Springer Spaniel fun this week as my in-laws dropped their dog off while they vacation in Mexico... We have an 'old lady' and a 'puppy'... interesting watch them interact. Hoping some good habits rub off on Maggie.

Happy adoption day to the absolute love of my life! 7 years ago we found her and our lives have been better ever since. She's the best dog we've ever had and im forever grateful to have her by my side. Lots of love

fe2f44e3b26a788669e115560b215c82.jpg

Little do they know they are headed to see the vet

882bc2c98fd8b0715bfce2c4da9cdcf4.jpg

e3ed8c3c878cf442de2e8fd83900c3c4.jpg
Aria is tired and cold, so she's cuddling me under the covers.... 8lb dog think she's a human

that's a great pic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back