Flight Simulation (PC)

Picked up the aerosoft airbus package with the 318/319/320/321 and I have to say I really enjoy flying these.

Not quite as nice as the pmdg stuff but half the price and a lot more "fun" to fly.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You went Airbus? You're dead to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I 2nd that motion!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

You went Airbus? You're dead to me.

Honestly the only reason is because they are way easier to fly due to the simplicity of the sim.

The pmdg 737NG is a much better plane just a little too complicated for my newbie brain. Eventually I will get there!

Does the Airbus sim model the flight control laws the real ones fly under?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the Airbus sim model the flight control laws the real ones fly under?

Dunno the answer to that but I could look.

Last edited:
Made the jump, after much hesitation, to P3D. Added Active Sky Next. For those that don't have Active Sky Next (or similar), and you love flying weather (IMC, etc) - this is a MUST. Worth every penny...

Having a blast in the A2A Comanche lately. Sucker gets up and goes (for a single engine GA...). Downside is I don't think the PMDG products work on P3D (yet)? My PMDG 737 is sitting on the sidelines for now. :(

Made the jump, after much hesitation, to P3D. Added Active Sky Next. For those that don't have Active Sky Next (or similar), and you love flying weather (IMC, etc) - this is a MUST. Worth every penny...

Having a blast in the A2A Comanche lately. Sucker gets up and goes (for a single engine GA...). Downside is I don't think the PMDG products work on P3D (yet)? My PMDG 737 is sitting on the sidelines for now. :(

They sure do. Check out their website. Might need to make modifications but PMDG has worked for awhile now.

They sure do. Check out their website. Might need to make modifications but PMDG has worked for awhile now.

Yep my 777 works great . didn't have to do anything special .

JRod you have both FSX and P3D right? Is there a big difference in the two? It's essentially FSX 2.0 but I don't know what they all improved after Microsoft just kinda abandoned the line.

JRod you have both FSX and P3D right? Is there a big difference in the two? It's essentially FSX 2.0 but I don't know what they all improved after Microsoft just kinda abandoned the line.

Well I bought the steam version but only used it for about a week.

Apparently P3D us a huge upgrade. I only have version two but I need to get three.

OK I'm getting the hang of this and need to up my flight control game. Any suggestions? I don't think I need a whole throttle quadrant and radio stack setup but a nice joystick and throttle would be great

Made my second fully ATC controlled ILS landing last night into Las Vegas McCarran and lived. We're making progress!

OK I'm getting the hang of this and need to up my flight control game. Any suggestions? I don't think I need a whole throttle quadrant and radio stack setup but a nice joystick and throttle would be great

Made my second fully ATC controlled ILS landing last night into Las Vegas McCarran and lived. We're making progress!

Yoke and pedals take it to a whole new level

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I need to get up the courage to do it. I guess i'm just chicken to talk to people on line. I have no problems flying the legs, it's just the interaction too. Yoke/pedals make it way easier... Radio stack is nice, but you can do that easy enough in the SIM. You can always find stuff on ebay.

Flight Simulation (PC)

oh? pmdg on p3d is news to me now. heck yes!

Get the Cessna Saitek yoke and quadrant. It's much better than the CH products one. I've had both...

Get the Cessna Saitek yoke and quadrant. It's much better than the CH products one. I've had both...

+1 this. I had both. Don't need the "cessna" version but saitek is way better than the CH products.

Sweet thanks fellas.

Hi All, glad i stumbled on this. My Dad designs airfields and scenery for MS flight Sim including AI aircraft. He use to release them through alphasim (may still do, if anyone is interested PM me and i'll get you the details).

The stuff he does is so detailed. As he is a typical, very cheeky Yorkshireman, he has been able to get access to many RAF bases (with commanding officer permsion of course) as well as hanger designs and layouts. He has done airfields (such as Coningsby) in WW2, cold war and present day forms.

He's also done USS Enterprise for you yanks too!
He does it for a hobby now he's retired and loves it. best feedback he got was from the Red Arrows who were so impressed they sent a load of free stuff to give to my nephew.
Anyway, enough of the trumpet blowing!

So I caved in and upgraded to p3d v3 and bought the pmdg 737-8 with the West jet cares livery for my buddy rusty.

Rusty what airports do you use on your Hawaii routes?

So I caved in and upgraded to p3d v3 and bought the pmdg 737-8 with the West jet cares livery for my buddy rusty.

Rusty what airports do you use on your Hawaii routes?

Attaboy!!
Vancouver, Honolulu, Maui (PHOG), Lihue (PHLI) and my favourite Kona (PHKO).

Attaboy!!
Vancouver, Honolulu, Maui (PHOG), Lihue (PHLI) and my favourite Kona (PHKO).
That's like a 5.5 hour flight! I did CYVR-PHKO today.

What a great plane. Much more fun than the triple 7.

Flight Simulation (PC)

That's like a 5.5 hour flight! I did CYVR-PHKO today.

What a great plane. Much more fun than the triple 7.

Next you'll have to start adding ETOPS entry (EEP) and exit points (EXP) along with a couple of equal time points (ETP).

How did you get a route?

Last edited:
Next you'll have to start adding ETOPS entry (EEP) and exit points (EXP) along with a couple of equal time points (etc).

How did you get a route?

Professional Flight Planner.

It's made for sim only but uses Jeppesen charts and up to date AIRACS

Next you'll have to start adding ETOPS entry (EEP) and exit points (EXP) along with a couple of equal time points (etc).

How did you get a route?

This the route it comes up with using upper airspace.

VR G1 YAZ TR15 DOLFF DCT 41N140W 32N150W DCT APACK DCT UPP KAYAK5

Back