Hilton Head or Myrtle Beach for buddies trip?

The_Dude

#TeamNE #Team Green #Hype
Reaction score
Handicap
#bigbutts
I'm in the beginning stages of putting a trip together for next year in late March or early April for a buddies trip. I've never been to either so just looking for input and recommendations from you guys. Thank you...

I'm in the beginning stages of putting a trip together for next year in late March or early April for a buddies trip. I've never been to either so just looking for input and recommendations from you guys. Thank you...
Myrtle Beach and play True Blue and Caledonia

Wish i can say ive played those courses but i havent. Ive seen them on some of THP's grandest stages and hope that i can this summer

Myrtle gives you more courses and for cheaper prices.

Both places have some amazing courses

Hilton Head is really nice, but I'd go with Myrtle Beach for a buddies trip. You'll have a ton of courses to choose from in a variety of price ranges.

I've never been to Myrtle, but have been to HH and really enjoyed it. It struck me as more of a family vacation destination though while I've heard Myrtle might be better for a buddies trip. If you choose HH though, the courses I played were all terrific, and that was from Harbour Town to HH National, which cost like $40 or something.

Hilton Head is really nice, but I'd go with Myrtle Beach for a buddies trip. You'll have a ton of courses to choose from in a variety of price ranges.

This. I've done both, MB for the win. Tons of food options usually in walking distance of where you stay.

Thanks for all the replies...keep em coming

Depends what you're looking to do and how many rounds.

True Blue and Caledonia are cream of the crop and True Blue has golf boards.

I'm a big fan of the Big Cats in Sunset Beach however housing may be tough but they have great deals for all 4 courses.

The Legends have a great deal however they double tee which is lame.

The Barefoot Courses are all top notch as well as the staff.

I've played at both and Hilton Head feels like more of a family vacation destination than a buddies trip. MB has a lot more to do during the night life.

Depends what you're looking to do and how many rounds.

True Blue and Caledonia are cream of the crop and True Blue has golf boards.

I'm a big fan of the Big Cats in Sunset Beach however housing may be tough but they have great deals for all 4 courses.

The Legends have a great deal however they double tee which is lame.

The Barefoot Courses are all top notch as well as the staff.
Most likely 3 full days 18/36/18

HH is more laid back with less to do off the course. Myrtle offers more golf for less cash and way more extra curricular opportunity's. Just don't hit Myrtle during Bike week.

True Blue Day 1

Barefoot: Love and Fazio Day 2

Caledonia Day 3

You're welcome.

(There are also a ton of other courses down there that are fantastic that I haven't experience yet but I'm sure others will chime in)

The Big Cats would fill the bill perfectly, 4 courses and they all have a uniqueness about them. The Legends is a good choice as they include breakfast and lunch on the days you play the courses. 3 on site and 2 more that require a drive, but the condos onsite are comfortable and reasonable. The over double booking tees does put a downer on this choice though.

I have played both and would say you would enjoy the courses.

We have a group of 40+ that goes to Myrtle beach each fall. There are a ton of courses. I've went 4 times, but the group has been going for 27 years and probably played most of the courses in that area. Some of my favorites off the top of my head are True Blue, Caledonia, Barefoot courses, Pine Lakes. There's a few more, just can't think of them all right now.

Sadly, I haven't been to either....but it seems there is quite a bit of folks that have been to these places on THP that can give some good information.

True Blue and Caledonia always get great reviews....

True Blue Day 1

Barefoot: Love and Fazio Day 2

Caledonia Day 3

You're welcome.

(There are also a ton of other courses down there that are fantastic that I haven't experience yet but I'm sure others will chime in)

This was our trip last year and it was awesome. Caledonia is a must play for the price

I say Myrtle also. Besides the vast choice of golf at better prices, more nightlife variety, tons of great restaurants and monstrous golf stores.

I think MB is the better choice. I haven't played True Blue and Caledonia (yet), but enjoyed the Big Cats. It's been a while since I've been there, but if you have to skip one of them for time constraints, I think you can skip Panther's Run. Thistle has 27 holes (3 nines) and I absolutely loved it there.

As did I. I say myrtle as well. We go ever summer and usually get 3-4 rounds in. True Blue/Caledonia are must plays. My recommendation would be:

Day 1 - TPC Myrtle
Day 2 - True Blue/Caledonia
Day 3 - Dunes Golf and Beach Club

In my opinion, these are the best of the best but also the priciest.
If looking for cheaper options on Day 1 and 3 (True Blue/Caledonia are must plays) Longbay and Wizard/Witch (sorta gimmicky but definitely enjoyable) are both nice cheaper options.
Tidewater is also a great track but also on the expensive side.
I can't say anything about Thistle until the summer, we'll be playing there for the first time this year.

For a group that large I'd go to Myrtle, The legends can accommodate a group that large easily with 3 courses on the property and lodging on site as well, Barefoot resort is another that can do it with 4 great courses on site. Myrtle just for the large variety of food, golf, and entertainment.

Back