Bridgestone JGR Fairway Woods

Jeff Spicoli

Grandaddy X!!!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Mr. Hand
I looked and while there is a JGR Driver and iron/hybrid thread, I didn't see a dedicated JGR fairway wood thread. I thought it might be deserving of its own thread with its upcoming release.

According to Bridgestone's website, they've put a lot of the similar technology from the driver (F.A.S.T. Crown and Power Milled Face) into the FW. I personally have very little info on the fairway other than what I've read on the site, but am hoping that those who do could add their thoughts to the thread and perhaps compare it to the J15 FW line.

As someone who has had success with Brigestone fairways in the past, the JGR line is one I'm looking forward to learning more about.

http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/clubs/jgr-fairway-wood

Glad you posted this...I've been looking to get a new 3W or mini-driver and have been looking at all options. I hit the new JGR driver and like the feel.

Must hit these! Really excited for this entire line.

Really thinking about pulling the trigger on a 7W sight unseen. Just seems so promising!

i held one of these in hand earlier this week. instant ponder. looked FANTASTIC. perfect profile for my eye. just love it.

i held one of these in hand earlier this week. instant ponder. looked FANTASTIC. perfect profile for my eye. just love it.
I am hoping its that great as I have not even had the chance to hold one let alone swing it. I bought it sight unseen.

I am hoping its that great as I have not even had the chance to hold one let alone swing it. I bought it sight unseen.

the shop didn't have one stock to hit. the one I held was on he built for a mini tour player. he said it's a launcher. right up my alley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the shop didn't have one stock to hit. the one I held was on he built for a mini tour player. he said it's a launcher. right up my alley.

Thats what I like to hear! I need help with launch hence switch from 3w, 5w to a 4w, 7w set up. And I much prefer a wood to a hybrid, so kind of wish they made an 11W also lol.

Big Golf Show at the local PGATSS tomorrow where I bought my JGR irons. Going to hit all the Bridgestone metals.

Big Golf Show at the local PGATSS tomorrow where I bought my JGR irons. Going to hit all the Bridgestone metals.
You will have to let us know how you liked them! Really curious now.

I need a three wood. This is one the top candidates on my list!

I did a chat with one of the Bridgestone guys on their site and they told me the JGR is a little bit lower profile than the J15. The JGR is designed to help with launch as well.

I did a chat with one of the Bridgestone guys on their site and they told me the JGR is a little bit lower profile than the J15. The JGR is designed to help with launch as well.

I much prefer lower profile fw. my xr is a little too deep for my liking.

I thought I would check if anyone has had much more experience with this club? We don't have any Bridgestone distributors in my area so I can't really get out to demo one. I really like my LTD 3 wood but I'm having some trouble getting the height I like. Thanks for any info!

Bridgestone JGR Fairway Woods

I hit the Hybrid and I didn't like it. Just seem "Hard" to me. Hope that make sense. Since it seems that I'm filling my bag with BS clubs, I'm going to take my XCG7 3 & 5 woods over to PGATSS and do a S/S test tomorrow.

Anyone know when these will be in stores??

Ok went to PGATSS and hit the 3 15* JGR in Reg flex vs Exotics XCG7 beta in Reg flex.

JGR:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458405395.306299.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1458405406.125342.jpg

Exotics:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458405428.853187.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458405438.891917.jpg

JGR has driven type swing and ball speed and I think a better pattern.

Thoughts?

Holy 10MPH of ballspeed batman!

8mph clubhead speed too, did you swing the JGR first?

First Exotics, then JGR and went back to the Exotics. Exotic was the last shot was the last one. So I was warmed up.

First Exotics, then JGR and went back to the Exotics. Exotic was the last shot was the last one. So I was warmed up.

Wow dude, that is impressive.

JGR by a landslide IMO looking at that data, dispersion, distance, peak height, and launch are all better.

Just so that I'm clear, I warmed up with the E for about 10 shots, hit the JGR for 9, grabbed the best, then hit the E for another 9 and grabbed the best.

Last edited:
Just I'm clear, I warmed up with the E for about 10 shots, hit the JGR for 9, grabbed the best, then hit the E for another 9 and grabbed the best.

JGR wins by a large margin, imo.

Mark that is an awesome jump. You have found some clubs that work for you! I think I need to go hit these bad boys and see what they can do for me. Thanks for sharing all the info

Back