Cobra KING F6 Irons - THP Review Thread

Nice Trevor!

I hope more give them a swing at some point.

Jman, do you have any information on the stock steel shafts? Are they high quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried these clubs yesterday and was very impressed. I currently play the Callaway XRs. These F6 seem to have a less bulky look and a more refined feel, but have the same level of forgiveness. I tried the stock steel stiff and it didn't feel boardy at all. I usually play regulars.

I was hitting the Callaway XR's a couple months ago and I thought that I would be purchasing a set based on how I was hitting them at the time. After hitting with the F6, I think I'm leaning towards picking up the F6 because I hit the ball better than I did with the Callaway XR's.

Jman, do you have any information on the stock steel shafts? Are they high quality?

FST is essentially the parent company of KBS, they have been around a LONG time and make quality shafts for sure.

Jman, can you explain what flighted shafts mean? My F6 irons have the 4 iron with narrow spaced ribs at the top of the shaft with wider spaced ribs toward the middle of the shaft and the PW has narrow space ribs at the top of the shaft and the spacing remains the same down the shaft.

Well like everyone who has tried these.... I go suckered in to how good they felt ( looked ).
Placed the order, and should get them at some stage late in the week.
Hope they perform as well as they felt :)
4- pw, reg flex, steel shafts.

Jman, can you explain what flighted shafts mean? My F6 irons have the 4 iron with narrow spaced ribs at the top of the shaft with wider spaced ribs toward the middle of the shaft and the PW has narrow space ribs at the top of the shaft and the spacing remains the same down the shaft.
They're built for more launch in the long irons and a flatter flight in the scoring irons. They progressively change from top to bottom, it fits the needs of a lot of am's (most of us need help elevating longer irons).

Well like everyone who has tried these.... I go suckered in to how good they felt ( looked ).
Placed the order, and should get them at some stage late in the week.
Hope they perform as well as they felt :)
4- pw, reg flex, steel shafts.

Nice!!!! Looking forward to what you think!

They're built for more launch in the long irons and a flatter flight in the scoring irons. They progressively change from top to bottom, it fits the needs of a lot of am's (most of us need help elevating longer irons)
Thanks, that's great tech for us am's.

So James' review of these is up on the home page: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/cobra-king-f6-irons-review-interview/

To call the review a "rave" I don't think is an understatement. Looks like the do exactly what is intended in a very unique way - befitting of Cobra in my opinion.
These are extremely intriguing irons and I can't wait to find LH version of these to take out for a little spin.

So James' review of these is up on the home page: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/cobra-king-f6-irons-review-interview/

To call the review a "rave" I don't think is an understatement. Looks like the do exactly what is intended in a very unique way - befitting of Cobra in my opinion.
These are extremely intriguing irons and I can't wait to find LH version of these to take out for a little spin.
Thanks dude! Glad you enjoyed!

There's also a discussion thread here for those curious: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78977

Played a third round today with the King F6 irons and Driver. I'm sold. Had a fitting at the local Golfsmith store and irons came out 1/4" short, 1 deg flat lie and two wraps under GP Tour Wrap 2G white grips. Regular steel flighted shafts. The F6 Driver is the Red Tie Regular shaft, 10.5 deg, heavy weight forward for Penetrating flight. Having a little trouble hitting the 4 iron, but the 5-GW are great. Launch angle is on the money, distance is at least half a club longer than previous gamer irons and the feel...............ahhhh the feel. I Love these New Irons. The driver is money too. Straight, a solid feel at impact and maybe 5-10 yds longer than the previous gamer driver.

Ping G-Max irons and Titleist 913 D2 to the stand by bag.

Hey JMan. There's so much info in this review and read some of it is starting to run together in my head...This set has 4 different heads to promote different ball flight characteristics and flighted shafts? It must be incredibly easy to get nice trajectory on the long irons

Hey JMan. There's so much info in this review and read some of it is starting to run together in my head...This set has 4 different heads to promote different ball flight characteristics and flighted shafts? It must be incredibly easy to get nice trajectory on the long irons

Not Jman here, but you're correct. The long irons are designed to get the ball up and the short irons are designed to produce a lower trajectory. It works. A friend who has played with me these last three rounds with my new King F6 irons can't get over how good the trajectory is on all the irons I've hit.

Finally saw these bad boys in person. Such a cool set with the different progressions, not as scared as I initially thought I would be in the "Scoring" irons

Hit these again on a simulator today... cannot get these irons out of my head. Seriously considering getting rid of my 545's and the Fly Z irons I just traded for to get these.

Finally saw these bad boys in person. Such a cool set with the different progressions, not as scared as I initially thought I would be in the "Scoring" irons
They're excellent irons.
Hit these again on a simulator today... cannot get these irons out of my head. Seriously considering getting rid of my 545's and the Fly Z irons I just traded for to get these.
Doooooooo it!

Did you grab me a set? You did!! Thanks

Definitely the next set of irons I will own. Some way it will happen.

I really like what they did here. I think this set can work well for a lot of golfers.

I really like what they did here. I think this set can work well for a lot of golfers.
Totally agree and doesn't hurt they are appealing to the eye too

I'll have a set of these before Summer gets here. Toying with the idea of Recoils, just not sure if I want to go with the 95 or 110 models in Stiff flex.

These are a set I want to spend some more time with - they're the clubs I most wanted during my fitting, but they just didn't "click" for me. I just wasn't making great contact with them.

Totally agree and doesn't hurt they are appealing to the eye too
That's what I've been trying to tell people from the start.

This is the best iron set cobra has released in years.

talked to the fitter down at a local golf shop and they have a cobra demo day coming up the first weekend in April. I already signed up for it and am going to be doing everything I can to sell some things and be able to get these. Now to get into the marketplace and see what I can sell.

Despite the foul weather I swept the snow off the matt, and took a dozen or so shots with the 7i this evening, all of them were good. I have no idea of distance since it was cold, windy, and still snowing, but they went straight with a great trajectory. I'll really have to give these a thorough shake down. Another really solid option to pick from this year!

Back